How to you reply to rude cancellations?

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't reply at all. Delete her number.
This

She is bull****ting. However, Response:

“Sorry to hear that. I hope your friend will be ok!”

If this is from online and you haven’t met the girl in person yet, I’d reach out again in about a week.
Or this are the correct answers.

Context about whether you've met up before/whether she's flaked before would help, but basically if she doesn't reply then move on.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First text: "Be there soon!"

Second text: "oh no friend needs to go to the ER I gotta cancel."

Second is almost certainly a lie. Should it be ignored? Or should she be asked to reschedule?
The older, wiser, more successful me says this:

"Wow, hope they are ok. No problem, reach out to me when there is a better time."

Its about emotional control, You can't have power over people if you develop habits that let them have power over you.

Captain Rizz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel like most of replies are too drastic and overcorrecting...

There's a balanced way to invite a rescheduling IMO
She is bull****ting. However, Response:

“Sorry to hear that. I hope your friend will be ok!”

If this is from online and you haven’t met the girl in person yet, I’d reach out again in about a week.
I feel like most of replies are too drastic and overcorrecting... this one seems correct.

There's a balanced way to invite a rescheduling IMO

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would only call out a chick if you never want to meet her after she flakes. Honestly I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you don't appear butthurt.
"You're cute, but all chicks I date are very attractive. I'm looking for someone who has more to offer. You clearly lack in those areas. Take care hun"

Why are grown men so worried about appearing "butt hurt" to women that already have such little respect for them they can't even be bothered to turn up to a date ?

I'm not sure where this attitude has come from but it's 100% feeding into women being able to do whatever the fvck they want with absolutely zero consequences

women HATE being held accountable for poor behaviour which is exactly why more men need to start doing it

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh my god I hope she is okay, let me know if you need anything..,, any other response than this for such a text REEEEEEEKS of insecurity

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are grown men so worried about appearing "butt hurt" to women that already have such little respect for them they can't even be bothered to turn up to a date ?

I'm not sure where this attitude has come from but it's 100% feeding into women being able to do whatever the fvck they want with absolutely zero consequences

women HATE being held accountable for poor behaviour which is exactly why more men need to start doing it
I'm all about it, but do you really think telling her what she needs to hear will make a difference? I don't. She will automatically confirm in her mind that you weren't the right guy. I used to call them out for being flakes. It didn't do me any good.

The way you modify a womans behavior is to ignore or pull away attention/validation. First, you must hold some form of power over her. That doesn't happen until you have made some sort of connection and have what she wants.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm all about it, but do you really think telling her what she needs to hear will make a difference? I don't. She will automatically confirm in her mind that you weren't the right guy. I used to call them out for being flakes. It didn't do me any good.

The way you modify a womans behavior is to ignore or pull away attention/validation. First, you must hold some form of power over her. That doesn't happen until you have made some sort of connection and have what she wants.
Probably not but every guy just rolling over and letting them do as they please with zero consequences is in part to blame for the state we are in today

Women are flakey by nature but the fact they know full well they can get away with it Scott free is more so the problem

theres no repercussions to wasting a guys time

theres this attitude of " I don't owe him anything "....... no sweetheart you don't but if you've engaged with him and given him reason to believe you're interested in a romantic relationship he has every fvcking right to be pi$$ed off with you for being indecisive and fake

If tomorrow men around the world decided to start calling women for flaking and ghosting and I mean start being moderately aggressive about it , the nonsense would immediately stop

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I rarely get flaked on, but I also make sure that when I meet somewhere away from my house, I have something to read or do. I'm rarely idle, even in the dentist waiting room.

I had one girl being late once but her phone died so she couldn't tell me she was running late. She showed up half an hour late, but I was still reading and enjoying my drink, so I didn't even notice she was late until she mentioned it. Some of you might think I should make a point of telling her to be on time next time, but she was so embarrassed that she corrected her own behaviour without my prompting.

If a woman really flakes on you or cancels without proper reason, just go 'No Contact' and move on. If she's interested in you, she will contact you to reschedule a date. If not, she's not invested in the (future) relationship, so good riddance.

Last edited: