How to you reply to rude cancellations?

Captain Rizz

Don Juan
Reaction score
First text: "Be there soon!"

Second text: "oh no friend needs to go to the ER I gotta cancel."

Second is almost certainly a lie. Should it be ignored? Or should she be asked to reschedule?

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ehhhh sometimes I feel depending on the girl /situation it needs to be called out

I think men let women get away with this sort of unaccountable behaviour far too easily and it's kind of what allows it to perpetuate

Don't get me wrong you can't start calling every chick out on her indecisive nonsense but I find a dishing a few home truths and then blocking her can sometimes be quite therapeutic

Chick was giving me flaky vibes a few weeks ago

I text her " I'm getting flaky / indecisive vibes and it's not really what I'm looking for"......then I blocked her

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some will say what's the point but I know for a fact such unapologetic truth and then instant rejection will not sit well with most womens hamsters because women always want to be the ones dictating the game on their own terms

You take that away from her by ruining her game and throwing it In the bin

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Second is almost certainly a lie. Should it be ignored? Or should she be asked to reschedule?
"Don't worry about it, I found your replacement already. Have a good life."

Glassguy

Reaction score
Dating often magnifies one thing about humans nowadays......there is a complete lack of character.
I would only call out a chick if you never want to meet her after she flakes. Honestly I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you don't appear butthurt.
"You're cute, but all chicks I date are very attractive. I'm looking for someone who has more to offer. You clearly lack in those areas. Take care hun"

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best response is to be kind but indifferent. It’s what gets them most. So what @Glassguy said. Don’t block, it’s shows that you care too much. The effort to block her is not worth it. Just reply hours and hours later. “Sure no problem take care” then delete her digits if u want but don’t block.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There used to be a poster here who used to advise that guys include a penis emoji with every interaction. Dude had a fair amount of credibility here too. Wish I could remember his name. Anyway, I always thought that was insane, but I admit it crossed my mind for this situation (it only crossed my mind, I wouldn't recommend it). Wonder what happened to that guy? Maybe he's in prison, or on the sex offender's list.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just tell her that you hope her 'friend' is doing well and put it on her shoulders to reschedule (which she won't) then forget about her.

DO not reach out to her at all until she contacts you... which like I said, in most cases she will not.

The worst thing you can do is to keep trying. The next worst thing you can do is get all butt hurt about it.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Its possible she had a good reason (in her mind) for cancelling (Maybe she woke up with a giant pimple in her face or whatever). If she doesnt counter-offer (believe it or not, not every woman on earth is aware she is supposed to counter-offer) I would just pretend to believe what she said and give her the smallest "in" to pick this up another time.

In your example, maybe something like "Emergencies can be a b1tch. Let me know when your friend is out of the woods". If you dont hear back from her, you know what´s up.

Ok kids, gather around. Its story time:

Years ago, my woman thought she had Covid and she cancelled what was supposed to be our first date. We were supposed to go out saturday and she cancelled in the morning via text, saying she needed to rest during the weekend and take the test on Monday.

She wasnt aware she was supposed to counter-offer. I though it was possible she had low interest and making it up. I could have blocked her and / or delete her. I figure there was a possibility she was telling the truth and just said something like "Rest and get better soon. Let me know the test result" and forgot about it.

Next monday I got a text from her: "I tested negative for Covid". Had I blocked her or delete her, my life would be completely different right now.

Captain Rizz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dating often magnifies one thing about humans nowadays......there is a complete lack of character.
I would only call out a chick if you never want to meet her after she flakes. Honestly I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you don't appear butthurt.
"You're cute, but all chicks I date are very attractive. I'm looking for someone who has more to offer. You clearly lack in those areas. Take care hun"
This seems pretty butthurt tbh

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Which ER? I’ll meet you there.

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The older vets here surprise me. You can see through this broads clear bullsh!t through a pane of glass. Any high interest chick wouldn’t nuke the chance of a lifetime to go out with a guy she really really wants.
She would hit up OP on the cell, explain the “friend” situation and counter out of respect and high attraction. I wouldn’t mind pulling up to the hospital parking lot and chill there with her for a bit then go somewhere else for a night cap.

The best course is to desensitize yourself. Today there are far too many factors that you can't control when dealing with women. They are too distracted.
You can go crazy thinking about what you did wrong when it might be something completely random, like some old flame finding her on Facebook and going "hey l'm in town tonight..."

Last edited:

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its possible she had a good reason (in her mind) for cancelling (Maybe she woke up with a giant pimple in her face or whatever). If she doesnt counter-offer (believe it or not, not every woman on earth is aware she is supposed to counter-offer) I would just pretend to believe what she said and give her the smallest "in" to pick this up another time.

In your example, maybe something like "Emergencies can be a b1tch. Let me know when your friend is out of the woods". If you dont hear back from her, you know what´s up.

Ok kids, gather around. Its story time:

Years ago, my woman thought she had Covid and she cancelled what was supposed to be our first date. We were supposed to go out saturday and she cancelled in the morning via text, saying she needed to rest during the weekend and take the test on Monday.

She wasnt aware she was supposed to counter-offer. I though it was possible she had low interest and making it up. I could have blocked her and / or delete her. I figure there was a possibility she was telling the truth and just said something like "Rest and get better soon. Let me know the test result" and forgot about it.

Next monday I got a text from her: "I tested negative for Covid". Had I blocked her or delete her, my life would be completely different right now.
the difference is that your chick cancelled hours prior with no holes in her story.
OP’s date cancelled in whiplash time after confirming that she will be there soon then she shot him a hollow text. She didn’t bother to call him like a high interest woman with moral code would to even counter.
I once had a chick call me from the hospital because her family member got into a car accident. Nothing drastic. I still pulled up because she wanted to talk.
In this case OPs date had a better option come along and she booked it.

Last edited:

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If only I got paid for every time a girl told me she had to cancel due to a family or friend being admitted to hospital, I can retire comfortably.
It’s right out of there B.S. playbook, while others use it to screen out men who get mad and aggressive.

Response should be, “no problem“, and that’s it.
Even though she should be scolded like a school girl for being rude in this case, you’re a man who doesn’t GAF and always has other options.

Last edited:

Learning Curve

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

No reason to ignore, it shows that you got triggered or pissed of.

You simply reply and say: No worries, I hope everything is fine, keep in touch.

If she did not mention anything about rescheduling, then probably another guy is in the picture or maybe indeed her friend had to go the ER either way you don't care.

She has to mention rescheduling not you.

No rescheduling proposition, means she does not care.

The way you answer matters for her to reach out again in the future with you inviting her directly to your place and not wasting any time or money on her. If she does not want to come on to the next.

Macadellic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OP,
Set up a date with a place and time with 10 matches.

5 will cancel
5 will confirm

Now you decide which one you want to date out of the 5 and you will cancel on 4. Copy and paste from the 5 cancellations you received to the 4 you will cancel on.

Some will respond to your cancellation.
Copy and paste their response to those who canceled on you.

EZ game

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She is bull****ting. However, Response:

“Sorry to hear that. I hope your friend will be ok!”

If this is from online and you haven’t met the girl in person yet, I’d reach out again in about a week.