"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

How to tell her I like her..

ezekiel009

New Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
So I went out with this girl a few times over the Thanksgiving break and I really like her and I have a feeling she likes me maybe too. I want to tell her I like her but I dont want her to like get all flaky on me and ignore me. Help..please.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
1,143
Reaction score
13
Age
44
Location
Pittsburgh
Anyone watch Family Guy last night? Damn, I can't wait til that show is back on the air
 

Kaine

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
475
Reaction score
1
Location
In your head
Then chill out, she doesn't need to know. Telling her will have the opposite effect that you want.
 

blue17

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
read the bible ezekiel, you obviously don't understand psychology when it applies to dating. As the saying goes, 'People want what they can't have.' By saying you like her, you are making yourself 'haveable' and herinterest level drops. By playing it cool, you are something she 'can't have' in her eyes, and her interest level rises.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

rhsarrow17

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 2, 2004
Messages
107
Reaction score
1
Age
37
I'm with the fonz on this one.

Lol, you've got a lotta reading to do. Don't worry if this relationship ends against your favor--learn from the wisdom of others with more experience and time devoted to creating attraction in women. You'll be glad you did, and understand why telling her you like her is such a suicidal idea. As David DeAngelo (www.doubleyourdating.com) says,

"That's shooting yourself in the foot with a large gun. That's the grenade launcher-foot technique."
 
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
start getting physical, dont become her friend, you are a sexual being, but u dont care if u get her or not, dont be a ***** n dont hide ur sexuality.
 

ezekiel009

New Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
damn, never thought of it like that, thanks for the replies. How can I ignore her but still not ignore her?
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by thefonz
Anyone watch Family Guy last night? Damn, I can't wait til that show is back on the air
lol, this reminds me of something someone would say on somethingawful.com

Wow that was a lot of some's....
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

killerasp

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 7, 2002
Messages
898
Reaction score
0
Age
44
that is why the bible is there for you man. read it over and over again till it sticks in your mind.

As for your situation. I understand that you want to tell her that you like her. But everyone here can already predict her reaction when you tell her that.

You: HB, there is something i want to tell you....
HB:??
You: These last couple of days have been great and i want to tell you that i really like you. I like you alot.
HB:Okay *unconfortable silence

Chances are that after you tell her, things will change. She will start to get flaky on you and things will fall apart. You need to find out on your own why that happens. But as a quick response, dont tell her....show her. Amp up the kino, get more physical, and or kiss close her. Take 2 steps foward and 1 step back. Keep moving foward.
 

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
895
Age
52
Interestingly enough I played it so cool with this one girl that she actually didn't think I was interested. So I had to do a bit of temporary AFC work and tell her I was interested in her.

But this is a RARE exception.
 

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
1,143
Reaction score
13
Age
44
Location
Pittsburgh
Hey fonz, eat a d1ck.
What??? I like Family Guy, what can i say?

I could talk about how you come off as desperate, needy, and having no life by your thought process towards this girl......You REALLY need to read the dj bible my friend, sounds to me you could be doing alot better but you really don't have the information you need.....read my quote, absorb it into you
 

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Messages
640
Reaction score
0
I don't know about the family guy, but I'm still waiting for Futurama to come back on air.

Oh and the poster is so friggin desperate. He must be so happy he gets to see the girl a couple of times during the 4 day holiday weekend. Wow oh Wow. He also told her how he feels. She is probably overcoming with romantic emotions but sooner or later if she's not the desperate type will realize

1. This boy has a lot of time on his hands, he doesn't have much of a life, I can do better.

2. Wow he is telling me he likes me and stuff, wow I don't even have to try anymore.. just lie there and he can do all the work.
 

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
1,341
Reaction score
14
This is one of those posts that make our boards go to crap.

Here's my only advice: if she touches your di*k, she likes you.....end of story !!!
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

L B

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
526
Reaction score
9
Location
OC
Don't let her know how you feel. I did that last year with this girl. I met her at a wedding. I had to beat several others guys to get to her. Her interest level was very high at the start. When I made the mistake of telling her how I felt about her, she got flaky on me. Lesson learned. Follow the fellow DJ's advice: show her but don't tell her. Enjoy!
 

TizZle

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 12, 2004
Messages
433
Reaction score
6
Definitely "telling" a girl you like her is a mistake.. I did this about a month ago and her IL dropped a lot... She started to flake and i confronted her then ignored her. She called for the first time in a while last night and i didnt answer. she left a voicemail saying " we haven't talked in a while i just wanted to see what you have been up to" I'll call her later and talk to her for a bit to see what she wanted...
 
Top