Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to sleep around during the winter months?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's your opinion on NYE? Historically, it seems more like something you do with a girlfriend or a FB where you have somebody guaranteed to kiss when the ball drops. Additionally it's always very expensive.
I have a rather negative view surrounding New Year's Eve. It is generally a shiit show. There's a reason that there's a saying that "professionals don't play on amateur night".

If it's 5 PM on December 31 and you don't know who you're going to kiss at midnight, it's better to stay home that night and go to sleep early. Otherwise, you risk some combination of big drama, disappointment, and pissed off feelings. New Year's Eve is a way better night if you're part of an established couple.

I can give examples of 2 lousy New Year's Eves I had.

The first example was a private residence party I attended in my early 20s. Mostly every attendee at this party was not in an established relationship and most were older than I was at that time. No one kissed at midnight. It was the strangest thing ever. I remember leaving this party not long after midnight feeling disappointed and deflated by that outcome.

The second example was an event at a bar that was walking distance from my apartment at the time. I had been talking to some woman for an extended period as midnight was getting closer and closer. I thought I was going to get the midnight kiss. As I went in for the midnight kiss, she turned the cheek. At the moment, I felt like that was some real coccktease bullshiit. I stormed out of the venue extremely angry. I think I slept a few hours and went for a walk around 7 AM the next morning and I was still pissed. I sent the most condescending text message to a woman who had ghosted me after a third date with some level of foreplay but no sex a number of weeks before New Years in a despicable and rude way. I texted her because of how I pissed I was and she actually replied to that text message. It was a nasty response. I was pissed about the whole period of time for a few days after.

It can be argued that I was acting too outcome dependent at that point in time. That last incident was over 10 years ago. At that time, I was game aware. I had read some game stuff but hadn't gotten as deep into Game as I would later get. It would have been better if I hadn't have sent that condescending text message. It showed a lack of control. I understand why I did it because of how I felt in the moment.

After that incident, I never went out on New Year's Eve again, even in years where I have been a part of a couple. Those two incidents and a few other mediocre ones turned me off to the event.

I learned that the woman who ghosted me after that third date eventually met some guy through her social circle a few months into that calendar year and a long term relationship formed that led to a wedding. We had met through a dating website as this was the pre-swipe app era. That's greater evidence right there that women don't take electronic generated penises as seriously.

I have tried to go to out on the night of January 1 (the first night of the new calendar year) a couple of times.

I did this because in 2011, Roosh wrote an article about that the night of January 1 was the easiest night of the year to get laid at the bars.

In the two years since 2011 where I tried it, I didn't get laid. I found things to be especially dead in the years I tried it. Perhaps I picked lousy venues but I went to some nightlife active areas of my city in the years I tried it. There's been an active thread around that topic.

After the 1st of the year, women start to become more available. A lot of relationships end during the holiday season. Women will end an LTR during the holidays or drop a "cuffing season" beta in the first week of the year, or immediately after Valentine's Day.
The whole January 1-February 14 time period features women who are more motivated. In early January, a lot of people go on the swipe apps because they were pisssed they had to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with the family without a significant other if they had the dignity not to go through the motions and have a cuffing season partner. They're also pisssed about no midnight kiss on New Year's Eve. You have a more motivated audience for both sexes during that time period. I think the motivated is more evident on the swipe apps than real life in this period, but real life approaching in the first 6 weeks of the calendar year in normal years is still better than typical.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a rather negative view surrounding New Year's Eve. It is generally a shiit show. There's a reason that there's a saying that "professionals don't play on amateur night".

If it's 5 PM on December 31 and you don't know who you're going to kiss at midnight, it's better to stay home that night and go to sleep early. Otherwise, you risk some combination of big drama, disappointment, and pissed off feelings. New Year's Eve is a way better night if you're part of an established couple.

I can give examples of 2 lousy New Year's Eves I had.

The first example was a private residence party I attended in my early 20s. Mostly every attendee at this party was not in an established relationship and most were older than I was at that time. No one kissed at midnight. It was the strangest thing ever. I remember leaving this party not long after midnight feeling disappointed and deflated by that outcome.

The second example was an event at a bar that was walking distance from my apartment at the time. I had been talking to some woman for an extended period as midnight was getting closer and closer. I thought I was going to get the midnight kiss. As I went in for the midnight kiss, she turned the cheek. At the moment, I felt like that was some real coccktease bullshiit. I stormed out of the venue extremely angry. I think I slept a few hours and went for a walk around 7 AM the next morning and I was still pissed. I sent the most condescending text message to a woman who had ghosted me after a third date with some level of foreplay but no sex a number of weeks before New Years in a despicable and rude way. I texted her because of how I pissed I was and she actually replied to that text message. It was a nasty response. I was pissed about the whole period of time for a few days after.

It can be argued that I was acting too outcome dependent at that point in time. That last incident was over 10 years ago. At that time, I was game aware. I had read some game stuff but hadn't gotten as deep into Game as I would later get. It would have been better if I hadn't have sent that condescending text message. It showed a lack of control. I understand why I did it because of how I felt in the moment.

After that incident, I never went out on New Year's Eve again, even in years where I have been a part of a couple. Those two incidents and a few other mediocre ones turned me off to the event.

I learned that the woman who ghosted me after that third date eventually met some guy through her social circle a few months into that calendar year and a long term relationship formed that led to a wedding. We had met through a dating website as this was the pre-swipe app era. That's greater evidence right there that women don't take electronic generated penises as seriously.

I have tried to go to out on the night of January 1 (the first night of the new calendar year) a couple of times.

I did this because in 2011, Roosh wrote an article about that the night of January 1 was the easiest night of the year to get laid at the bars.

In the two years since 2011 where I tried it, I didn't get laid. I found things to be especially dead in the years I tried it. Perhaps I picked lousy venues but I went to some nightlife active areas of my city in the years I tried it. There's been an active thread around that topic.

The whole January 1-February 14 time period features women who are more motivated. In early January, a lot of people go on the swipe apps because they were pisssed they had to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with the family without a significant other if they had the dignity not to go through the motions and have a cuffing season partner. They're also pisssed about no midnight kiss on New Year's Eve. You have a more motivated audience for both sexes during that time period. I think the motivated is more evident on the swipe apps than real life in this period, but real life approaching in the first 6 weeks of the calendar year in normal years is still better than typical.
I very much appreciate how much effort goes into your responses, but do you ever feel like you overthink some of this stuff?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a reason that there's a saying that "professionals don't play on amateur night".
:rofl:

Yep, I’m not trying to be around Johnny, the guy that hasn’t drunk alcohol all year
You're right. New Year's Eve brings out all those people. It brings out the suburban couples with children who got a babysitter and every other undesirable category of people.

do you ever feel like you overthink some of this stuff?
I don't. The sexual marketplace is very competitive and knowledge/insight is power. I need to be best positioned for success. I'm not 6'0"+, I'm not very rich, and I don't have big muscles. Game is one area where I can compete. I didn't have a father who taught me one thing about attraction-seduction. I had to learn everything either from field experience, internet articles, books, or YouTube videos. I needed the knowledge to execute the Game.

I'm 39 years old. I asked my first woman out on a date early in my junior year of high school. I was 16 then. When I write opinions, it is based on 23 years + of active participation in the sexual marketplace.

Reaction score
You're right. New Year's Eve brings out all those people. It brings out the suburban couples with children who got a babysitter and every other undesirable category of people.

I don't. The sexual marketplace is very competitive and knowledge/insight is power. I need to be best positioned for success. I'm not 6'0"+, I'm not very rich, and I don't have big muscles. Game is one area where I can compete. I didn't have a father who taught me one thing about attraction-seduction. I had to learn everything either from field experience, internet articles, books, or YouTube videos. I needed the knowledge to execute the Game.

I'm 39 years old. I asked my first woman out on a date early in my junior year of high school. I was 16 then. When I write opinions, it is based on 23 years + of active participation in the sexual marketplace.
that’s really how it should be, learning from years and passing it down to younger generations. I feel like most guys today are just trying to be fast clowns these days.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that’s really how it should be, learning from years and passing it down to younger generations. I feel like most guys today are just trying to be fast clowns these days.
My father was a complete beta male in terms of his attitude about women and male-female dynamics. He was worthless and mainly absentee until my parents' divorce. I would have liked more guidance from an actual father about how to attract and seduce women. I got none of that.

When I think about Millennial men, I see a generation raised by Baby Boomer parents for the most part. When I think about Baby Boomer fathers, I see men that were also unprepared to help their sons navigate the changes in the sexual marketplace that occurred between the 1970s-1990s. The Boomer fathers that stayed married and were active in their sons lives actually set a bad example for their sons. They gave their sons an unrealistic perspective and blueprint about how to attract-seduce. They gave their sons an unrealistic perspective about marriages and what can be expected in a marriage starting after the year 2000. Millennials didn't start getting married until the mid to late 2000s, and that's even the early end of the curve on Millennial marriages. The Boomer men that kept marriages together were the last generation that could reasonably expect that outcome in marriage, but even that was a shaky proposition for them as they were starting their marriages in the first 10-15 years of no fault divorce. It still wasn't as bad of a proposition as it would be in later generations. A fair amount of Boomers divorced from the mid-1980s to mid-2000s,

In a bizarre way, my father gets absolved for being a worthless example.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My father was a complete beta male in terms of his attitude about women and male-female dynamics. He was worthless and mainly absentee until my parents' divorce. I would have liked more guidance from an actual father about how to attract and seduce women. I got none of that.

When I think about Millennial men, I see a generation raised by Baby Boomer parents for the most part. When I think about Baby Boomer fathers, I see men that were also unprepared to help their sons navigate the changes in the sexual marketplace that occurred between the 1970s-1990s. The Boomer fathers that stayed married and were active in their sons lives actually set a bad example for their sons. They gave their sons an unrealistic perspective and blueprint about how to attract-seduce. They gave their sons an unrealistic perspective about marriages and what can be expected in a marriage starting after the year 2000. Millennials didn't start getting married until the mid to late 2000s, and that's even the early end of the curve on Millennial marriages. The Boomer men that kept marriages together were the last generation that could reasonably expect that outcome in marriage, but even that was a shaky proposition for them as they were starting their marriages in the first 10-15 years of no fault divorce. It still wasn't as bad of a proposition as it would be in later generations. A fair amount of Boomers divorced from the mid-1980s to mid-2000s,

In a bizarre way, my father gets absolved for being a worthless example.
I gave my kindergartner seduction advice last week. He dumped his girlfriend and got back into the playgroup with his friends. He’s happy

Reaction score
Went to a couple’s holiday party tonight. All of the men had that feminine millennial/ I wouldn’t be shocked you were gay vibe going on with them.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Went to a couple’s holiday party tonight. All of the men had that feminine millennial/ I wouldn’t be shocked you were gay vibe going on with them.
Most of those private residence parties are couples centric, even amongst 30 something Millennials. It's true that a lot of Millennial men have the vibe you describe, especially among middle class or higher White men. These are men that typically have a bachelor's degree or some sort of advanced degree and a white collar job. Some might even become cuckolds in the future if they aren't already.

I have been to some of those Millennial private residence events that were mainly couples. I've been both as a part of a couple and as an unattached guy. It's better to go to those events as a couple. Even when you're arriving to these parties as a coupled man, you'll still see beta male Millennials with the dominant temperamented careerist female Millennial girlfriends/wives. It's unpleasant.

I've observed something about my male friends/acquaintances and their girlfriends/wives. I've made these observations mainly at the types of parties that @Jake_Gyllenhaal69 attended tonight. Their girlfriends/wives have a certain set of social skills and personality temperament. If these girlfriends/wives were males, their social skills would be so substandard that they'd likely be incels or beta males experiencing long sexual droughts. However, because the women have the XX chromosomes and are women, they never have had any difficulty in getting laid. They were able to get men to commit to them despite their overall social ineptitude. They all got their big fantasy weddings and in more recent times, they have gotten their mainly beta husbands to impregnate them. They had their baby bumps pics for Instagram and now have their infant and soon to be toddler pics for Instagram.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would you tell a girl to make an extra stop for you when coming over?
Agree. Any man needs to keep things as simple as possible to get compliance from a woman. Remember, as @DEEZEDBRAH says, comply or bye.

If someone wants some Chinese food post sex, schedule an order for delivery on one of the food delivery apps.

Plenty of men do delivery cuisine + sex during winter months.

Reaction score
Most of those private residence parties are couples centric, even amongst 30 something Millennials. It's true that a lot of Millennial men have the vibe you describe, especially among middle class or higher White men. These are men that typically have a bachelor's degree or some sort of advanced degree and a white collar job. Some might even become cuckolds in the future if they aren't already.

I have been to some of those Millennial private residence events that were mainly couples. I've been both as a part of a couple and as an unattached guy. It's better to go to those events as a couple. Even when you're arriving to these parties as a coupled man, you'll still see beta male Millennials with the dominant temperamented careerist female Millennial girlfriends/wives. It's unpleasant.

I've observed something about my male friends/acquaintances and their girlfriends/wives. I've made these observations mainly at the types of parties that @Jake_Gyllenhaal69 attended tonight. Their girlfriends/wives have a certain set of social skills and personality temperament. If these girlfriends/wives were males, their social skills would be so substandard that they'd likely be incels or beta males experiencing long sexual droughts. However, because the women have the XX chromosomes and are women, they never have had any difficulty in getting laid. They were able to get men to commit to them despite their overall social ineptitude. They all got their big fantasy weddings and in more recent times, they have gotten their mainly beta husbands to impregnate them. They had their baby bumps pics for Instagram and now have their infant and soon to be toddler pics for Instagram.
You are correct lol. The host was some fat dominant personality attorney lol. Her husband had a pilsbury dough boy body, feminine voice, and was just submissive af lol. Ditto to the other couples lol. There was a decent looking single 30s Asian girl there but she would not STFU about her job to the point even the other couples told her to chill haha.

Reaction score
Agree. Any man needs to keep things as simple as possible to get compliance from a woman. Remember, as @DEEZEDBRAH says, comply or bye.

If someone wants some Chinese food post sex, schedule an order for delivery on one of the food delivery apps.

Plenty of men do delivery cuisine + sex during winter months.
I think this is one of those old school outdated techniques that needs to just die off. Like you stated previously, dating has changed for us and keeping things SIMPLE & STUPID are key now.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this is one of those old school outdated techniques that needs to just die off. Like you stated previously, dating has changed for us and keeping things SIMPLE & STUPID are key now.
Simple and stupid even made sense in the 1980s-1990s.

I've said before that dating and marketing have a lot of overlap. I have a Little Caesars ad below from 1994 that is about as simple and stupid as it gets. It shows the superiority of Little Caesars pizza offer as compared to Pizza Hut. Keep in mind that this ad was from 1994. People haven't gotten smarter since 1994.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would you tell a girl to make an extra stop for you when coming over?
Ehh didn't matter. She's up in NY posting stories about her and her boyfriend out to dinner and s*** in Rockefeller so her situation must not be that bad.

Alright, I just remember how I was at the start where I would overthink things (still do) to the point where I wouldn't act because things didn't seem ideal.

There are so many theories and methods and things to read on here, yet the most success I've had is when I got to the point where I didn't fear rejection anymore and could just have a conversation and tell whether she was interested. Beyond that it's just about presenting yourself physically in the best way possible (fitness, clothes, hair, etc), it's like sales.

Redwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just leave the ball in her court, which you already have. You hit her up, she bailed and gave you some wishy wash. She knows you're down so just leave it be I'd reckon. Mirror her behavior and all that jazz
Stanley's right. You invite her into your world. If shes not interested you just move on. If a woman is down she will make a real effort. She will reach out and at least meet you half way. Women who are very interested will drop everything and rearrange their schedule to see you. Do waste time on woman with low interest. Improve and let it be her loss.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
November 15-January 1 is the worst time of the year to try to find new dates. A lot of women are occupied with family-related commitments and travel. It's a nightmare coordinating schedules this time of the year, even for a simple 2-3 hour first date, bar date...

The scheduling troubles are the most difficult thing about dating during the November 15-January 1.

After the 1st of the year, women start to become more available.
Only 10 more days of dead season! The night of January 1/January 2nd is when things pick back up again. Get ready to start looking for new dates again!

The 6 weeks between November 15-January 1 are so long and unpleasant for the unattached man.