"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

How to recover from this beta move?

MrEkko

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 5, 2019
Messages
48
Reaction score
20
Age
37
Alright here goes.

I had a first date with this girl on Friday, which went really well and she invited me to a friend's party the following day. We ended up leaving the party very late and went back to hers. We were both pretty dead by then so didn't even make a move and we just went to sleep.

We spend the following day together at home and did some walking. I was contemplating to make a move or not because I was getting a vibe that she is more conservative and I just had that feeling that sex wouldn't happen. I did make a move eventually, and I saw her hesitant and she was stopping me when I was going to escalate.

This is where the beta move comes - I told her "we don't need to rush things if you don't feel ready". I regretted it afterwards because it was just unnecessary. She said that indeed she needs more time so we left it there.

Do you think this was seen as low from her or nothing too important? I really like her and she seems to like me too - we said that we are going to meet up again this week.

P.S - When I say "make a move" I mean for sex. We were kissing from the first date.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
4,062
Reaction score
3,617
Age
33
Location
Sweden
Pretend it didn't happen and play dumb, escalate.

If she needs some adrenaline flowing before she opens up, do something like pick her up suddenly and spin her around and then kiss her when you take her down. I also like to ask them to come get a hug, then push them away at the last second. Chuckle, smile and kiss her forehead after her stunned reaction. You can do that after you spin her.
 

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2012
Messages
1,123
Reaction score
874
You’re thinking about it too much. Beta is a mindset, it’s not about what comes out of your mouth. An alpha dude could say the exact same thing you said and make it charming and playful to the point she is ready to pounce.

Say what you want to say but don’t stop trying to escalate. Say whatever the fvck you want but act with a mindset of abundance. Eventually your mouth will catch up with your actions.
 

Serenity

Moderator
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
5,150
Reaction score
5,056
Age
35
Location
Eye of the storm
First date was on Friday, not unreasonable that she thinks it's too soon. I had this exact situation with my now girlfriend. I escalated, she stopped me, I said roughly the same thing and left it at that for that day. I did however not stop trying to escalate though, I'd not try for a couple of dates or a week whichever came first and then try to escalate again.

I was stopped quite a few times, but I didn't mind it and just tried again later. Eventually she just didn't stop me and we've fvcked like rabbits ever since.

It's easy for a guy to take it as a defeat to be "rejected" like that, often becoming reactive and essentially sabotaging any future chance. Saying what you said is fine, it's how you say it that you should worry about. It should come off as understanding or at least neutral, any hint of sounding butthurt is bad and will be perceived as emotional manipulation. Make it as little of a deal as possible, just acknowledge her not being ready and step back to other things you enjoy doing together. Give it some time so as not to be pushy and escalate on another date unless of course she initiates before that time is reached.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Trump

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
3,000
Reaction score
1,669
I probably wouldn't have said that, but it doesn’t matter it’s over. Unless she expects you to apologize for it or it’s weighing on your conscience and you can’t sleep, don’t go back and remind her.

Your issue isn’t what you said, your issue is why are going to a party for her friend on a 2nd date where could be a bunch of other guys ready to pounce on her? No group dates or gatherings until you have slept with her 10 times. And all dates should be about fun leading to sex, nothing more.

You are also seeing this chick too much, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Give her the gift of missing you after you give her your gift. ;)
 

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,682
Reaction score
5,126
This is where the beta move comes - I told her "we don't need to rush things if you don't feel ready"
OUCH! :eek::rolleyes:

If a gal is reserved, then I am apt to go slow on the sex accelerator. Of course, this relies on her not having any hint of playing games.
 

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 12, 2017
Messages
256
Reaction score
102
Location
-
Don't repeat it and just escalate physically from here on out. If you're already kissing, sex will come all that much more naturally.

Of course if she was denying you kisses by this point, that'd be your indicator to not talk to her anymore.
 
Top