Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to Make $1,000,000

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
TheException said:
......To ask for "concrete directions" on how to be successful is pretty comparable to low income earners asking for government benefits.....just looking for free handouts without having to work for it.
Lol, it's not at all comparable.

Guru created a thread that says, "HOW to make a million dollars".

That's the title of the thread.

The title of the thread isn't: "The mentality of a person with a million dollars" or "The mindset one needs to adapt to make a million dollars" or "The belief system that might make you a million dollars".

He specifically titled the thread "HOW" to make a million dollars, so that's why I asked him to provide concrete details.

If he worded the title of the thread another way, such as one of the ways I suggested, then I wouldn't be asking for concrete details.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tenacity said:
Lol, it's not at all comparable.

Guru created a thread that says, "HOW to make a million dollars".

That's the title of the thread.

The title of the thread isn't: "The mentality of a person with a million dollars" or "The mindset one needs to adapt to make a million dollars" or "The belief system that might make you a million dollars".

He specifically titled the thread "HOW" to make a million dollars, so that's why I asked him to provide concrete details.

If he worded the title of the thread another way, such as one of the ways I suggested, then I wouldn't be asking for concrete details.
I showed you how. So let's assume you don't have reading comprehension deficiencies and you Did set the BIG goals to be accomplished in five years, not retirement.

Now:

What is the goal?

What thinking have you done as to enhance your current business model or did you decide you would jointly undertake another model?

How do you intend to secure financing, private or public? How much do you need?

Do you intend to bring the company public or sell privately?

Did you consult with any investment consultants or attorneys to work out the game plan, liquidity of your position, and legal ramifications (which can be quite costly) of your goal?

Tell me about your pitch. What exactly are you pitching?

If you have not contemplated any of be above, I expect that you have done other thinking in how to attain your 1 or 10mm in five years, correct?

If you have done no thinking whatsoever, this would mean you have not set the goal and become one with the goal--and you are A KJ, wasting everyone's time, detracting from the subject matter with empty, straw-man, illogical rebuts that serve no abstract purpose nor motivate anyone else to take action.

If you bring absolutely nothing to this thread that helps others get out of their boxes, then stay out of the thread--and continue your journey in PIKERdom. If you have ANY material that will POSITIVELY influence the readers to take action, then you are welcome. What is your annual income btw? Quite frankly, your 250k net worth means shvt, and you are no authority of reference for most.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
guru1000 said:
I showed you how.
When was this? You provided your story of restructuring equity deals, is that your explanation of HOW to make a million dollars? Everybody go out and do equity deals like you did?

So let's assume you don't have reading comprehension deficiencies and you Did set the BIG goals to be accomplished in five years, not retirement.

Now:

What is the goal?
I ALREADY said this. From Post #80:

I laid out my goal by Retirement (65) to have enough in principal to where the monthly interest off that principal in combination with Social Security (what's left of it) will cover ALL of my personal expenses even factoring in Inflation and higher health care/health insurance costs.

My goal was to have this principal be about $1 million but if not, at least $750,000 with about 4% interest being paid on it which is $30,000 a year. Then Social Security I would hope to get $20,000 (at least) from so I would have $50,000 a year to play with BEFORE touching my principal. I would estimate that my personal expenses might be about $40,000 - $45,000 per year by the time I'm at 65.

What thinking have you done as to enhance your current business model or did you decide you would jointly undertake another model?

How do you intend to secure financing, private or public? How much do you need?

Do you intend to bring the company public or sell privately?

Did you consult with any investment consultants or attorneys to work out the game plan, liquidity of your position, and legal ramifications (which can be quite costly) of your goal?

I ALREADY answered most of these questions to YOU as well.

I work in Commercial Finance and operate an Independent Sales Office, like I already told you Guru, in this thread and another thread. In terms of thinking to grow the office, I attend various industry conferences, network with other agents, and research changes/new products/new trends within the industry to take advantage of new opportunities as they come up or learn new ideas on gaining new accounts.

My cost of operations is very low, so there's really no need for serious financing but for any operational cost I run them through my Credit Cards on 0% interest for 12 - 18 month deals and pay everything off before that promo is over. Or I run costs through Credit Cards like normal but pay everything off before the grace period. There's no equity investing from another Partner, it's just myself as an Independent Sales Office.

No I'm not taking my Sales Office public, it's not relevant to what I'm doing. I do have the option to sell my portfolio and make multiples on it, but there's no reason to do that because the clients usually are with you as long as your technology, service, etc. continues to operate efficiently.

I consulted with Attorneys to setup my legal business structure and I consult with my Tax Professional (EA) for bookkeeping and taxes.

Tell me about your pitch. What exactly are you pitching?
What do you mean what am I pitching? I work in Commercial Finance, we provide commercial financing such as working capital, lines of credit, etc. to commercial clients.

If you have not contemplated any of be above, I expect that you have done other thinking in how to attain your 1 or 10mm in five years, correct?
I laid out a plan for you with explicit details countless times. I believe continuing to work in my current industry and current positioning can get to the goal I'm looking to get to.

Now damn it, I'm asking YOU (the guy who creates HOW to make a million dollars threads) how do I make more money and if you had other concrete ideas? After all, it was YOU who made this thread, I didn't PM you and bug you for information.

If you have done no thinking whatsoever, this would mean you have not set the goal and become one with the goal--and you are A KJ, wasting everyone's time, detracting from the subject matter with empty, straw-man, illogical rebuts that serve no abstract purpose nor motivate anyone else to take action.
Lol, what? This is bull____ and you know it. I have already told you every damn thing about me, I even think in PM I gave you my LinkedIN information before. If I didn't, I will provide it to you, I don't have no reason to hide behind made up Usernames. I am WHO I am, online and offline.

What empty straw-man, illogical, rebuts? YOU made this thread, but yet you don't want people to ask you for more concrete details on a thread YOU made?

It's like me making a thread that says, "How to lose 20 pounds". When people click on the thread, I talk nothing about specific diets, specific exercises, special/magical pills, special/magical supplements....nothing of the sort...but instead I just talk about "believing" in yourself and making sure you have the RIGHT ATTITUDE.

Believing in yourself and having the right attitude is surely apart of losing weight, but my thread title is HOW to lose 20lbs and I would think that I would provide SOME damn concrete, specific and actionable eating/exercise plans the person can implement TODAY to start shredding weight.

I would think GURU would provide some concrete, specific and actionable business ideas one can research and think about investing in TODAY to start the road to making $1 million dollars.

But apparently GURU just wanted to talk about having the RIGHT attitude and believing in yourself...which if that's the case, like I have said before, the title of your thread is misleading.

If you bring absolutely nothing to this thread that helps others get out of their boxes, then stay out of the thread--and continue your journey in PIKERdom. If you have ANY material that will POSITIVELY influence the readers to take action, then you are welcome. What is your annual income btw? Quite frankly, your 250k net worth means shvt, and you are no authority of reference for most.
First off, it's not my job to "bring something to the thread" in terms of contributing material because it's YOUR THREAD, not mine. You posted it in the Discussion Section which means you DISCUSS/DEBATE the topic outlined, which is what I'm doing.

Secondly, MR. POSITIVE, One minute you want to throw out empty motivational "rah-rah" speeches to "help" people, then on the other hand you want to DOWN somebody's actual accomplishments? My current success level is nothing??

Really, I'm in the Top 1% of my age group (Millennials) and I have more wealth amassed then over 50% of retirees right now.

If you want to break it down to being an African American, it's even BETTER. The average net worth of Black Men my age is under $5,000 and for Black Women it's $5.

No I'm NOT a damn Millionaire, I'm working on it, but I damn sure can't become a Millionaire unless I'm a "200 thousandire" first.

Guru your responses to me are cheap and you always try to personally attack someone when you are questioned or challenged on something.

That's cheap, and makes me think you aren't a "Guru" at all, because if you were you would have provided concrete examples by now instead of trying to SHIFT the discussion onto my PERSONAL life like this is MY THREAD. It's not MY THREAD, it's yours, you got up here and said you knew how to make a million dollars, so fvcking tell us HOW.........

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Retirement planning is NOT the message of this thread. The message is belief and planning a goal that is seemly unreachable, be specific, within a specific timeframe (closer to today to create URGENCY). You have not done this, confounding the thesis for retirement planning. ERGO, your counters are indeed EMPTY, MERITLESS , and STRAW-BASED to the thesis.

So your income Is less than 60k a year? Really? Lol. Why are you posting and arguing? To learn how to make more money while not listening nor implementing how to make more money? Lol

Here, we have a young DJ who wants to make half mil per year as a surgeon and has a real chance of actualizing said goal (btw ITDG and others, I'll respond to you shortly), and here you are Tenacity making 60k per year doling advice and arguing against abstract principles that many including billionaires have successfully implemented. Tenacity, learn humility. I have no motivation to continue this exchange with you. I'm not helping Myself, you, nor the readers.

IF you post again that you weren't given a concrete plan, I will respond only with verbal abuse to you because now you are trolling my thread.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
guru1000 said:
Retirement planning is NOT the message of this thread. The message is belief and planning a goal that is seemly unreachable, be specific, within a specific timeframe (closer to today to create URGENCY). You have not done this, confounding the thesis for retirement planning. ERGO, your counters are indeed EMPTY, MERITLESS , and STRAW-BASED to the thesis.

So your income Is less than 60k a year? Really? Lol. Why are you posting and arguing? To learn how to make more money while not listening nor implementing how to make more money? Lol

Here, we have a young DJ who wants to make half mil per year as a surgeon and has a real chance of actualizing said goal (btw ITDG and others, I'll respond to you shortly), and here you are Tenacity making 60k per year doling advice and arguing against abstract principles that many including billionaires have successfully implemented. Tenacity, learn humility. I have no motivation to continue this exchange with you. I'm not helping Myself, you, nor the readers.

IF you post again that you weren't given a concrete plan, I will respond only with verbal abuse to you because now you are trolling my thread.
Where do you get that I make less than $60,000 a year :confused:, I never said that??

Dude I'm done, carry on with your thread, I'm getting out of this discussion.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While there is some back and forth on this thread, I think it could be useful for the folks who want to take the "next step" and make something big happen in their lives. Now, everyone defines this much differently but for the sake of discussion, lets assume it means being vastly more wealthy and capable than the average person.

As a disclaimer, I don't want to profess to be an expert in this area since I am not worth 7 figures yet. But I do want to chip in my two cents on how I intend to get there, and what I think (at this point in time) is important. All this subject to change.

I had somewhat of an awakening back in 2013 - I made the choice mentally to accept that I could attain financial/ life success if I did it. This was a big step. It was like the quote from the first Matrix , "Don't think you can, know you can" and was really pivotal. However to make it , it would take more than following the status quo. it would mean leaving all preconceived notions about retirement, and working long years doing an easy job behind.

In 2013, I started learning about business at a feverish pace. I knew my knowledge was lacking since I have had no experience in the industry. But I started by learning from others - start ups, markets, finance, VC etc. While most people after work would sit and numb their brain with TV, I would work out and than spend the rest of my evenings working/ learning what needed to be learned. Changing gears, I knew with business knowledge that I should learn some skills to make myself somewhat self sufficient. Since 2014, I have learned how to program several languages, learned data analysis, and other new-age technologies. I guess in short, the idea of technology and business really is appealing on so many levels, and has a potential to be something great.

However this isn't even the start. In fact, nothing has even been done. After getting some requisite knowledge, I have since taken initiatives to build business ideas I have had on my spare time. In addition, I have networked and came across an opportunity to put all of this to the test. Recently, said opportunity has presented itself and now I am working to get it off the ground. My company has been incorporated, and within a few weeks, we will begin breaking ground on the task at hand. While there is downtime at the beginning stages I continue to develop skills, work on business ideas, and learn about the stock markets.

..there is never any rest. Honestly, I love it. Retirement isn't something I think about. I don' want to retire.

The overall idea for me is the following- I will make it. Every waking moment that isn't at my 9-5 is being put into making myself better...be it getting in shape, learning few programming skills, business skills, or networking with said opportunities.

here are the facts :

In one year's time, I will have left my full time job and will be supporting myself.

In 5 years time, I will be a successful business owner living comfortably financially. In 10 years I will be a millionaire. In subsequent years, it will compound. The best part is that I will love doing it so much that it won't seem like work

This thread has been a lot about specifics - onto the overall picture. In general, it success is coming slowly by continuing to make progress in these areas ( technology and business in my case). Continuing to learn, continuing the struggle with parts of it, and continuing to iterate. Having some humility to understand ones own shortfalls and how to play to ones strengths appears to be a key. For example, in my business, I have a co founder who seems to like the aspects of running a business that I would prefer not to do. This gives me more focus on the strengths.

guru, I don't know you. I like how strong willed attitude towards success. That is very rare in my experience. I assume part of this is innate, but is any aspect of this learned? It seems you learned from experiences from your days on Wall st. Did any other life events shape this outlook?

Lastly, What would you recommend for someone like myself who is on the cusp?

Thanks for reading.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tenacity, I apologize. I reread your post relating to your business plan, and gave you a knee-jerk response as you had failed to create the abstract I requested.

I do believe you have room to produce seven figures a year in your industry. But before i give you my input, I want you to make a specific gross monetary goal to attain in the next 3-5 years. Ensure it is a gross dollar amount that seems unreachable at present. This is a number you are going to be married to, so consider how the time element involved may deter other passions you may have to spend less time with.

Then, answer the following so I have a better understanding of your business:

What Is your market? ALL start-up and operating private businesses in your state?

Do you finance commercial real-estate?

How did you secure your present book of clients? You said networking but what does that mean: Do you meet clients at events and pass at your business card. Be more specific in how you secure them.

Does your state or industry have any telemarketing restrictions?

Any laws in your state or industry that are revenue restrictive?

Do you need to be licensed? To broker or to market? Can unlicensed telemarketers pitch new prospects for you?

Are you confined only to your state or can you branch out to prospects in other states. If so, are there blue-sky licensing requirements in those states to conduct business?

How are your prospects underwritten: Do you have an in-house underwriter or do you broker these deals to different lenders?

What are the specific underwriting financial requirements that prospects need to meet to be approved for a loan? This may be long, but it is important to identify your market.

What is the commission structure (% of the loan)? Upfront? Residual? Do you have to split this commission with a main office?

------------------------------------
To others: Appreciate your input. I will respond in the next several days.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ImTheDoubleGreatest! said:
I find this true. SO many people have that belief, therefore it's less competition for me to deal with.

Guru, I've always had this belief that I would be an extremity in life when it comes to job occupations (I would be either really successful or really terrible). I have figured out that I want to be an orthopedic surgeon. They make anywhere from $400,000 - $500,000 a year on average. The problem is, I'm wondering if it is worth it because by the time I actually start working and making real money, I'll be 30 years old. Doctors in residency make from $30,000 - $50,000 a year. But for orthopedic surgery, it takes about 5 years of residency, hence why I won't be making a lot until then.

Considering how you practically specialized in money back in your day, and probably still do (plus you are also much older than me, no offense), would you advise me to go for it or not?
You KNOW this is a good investment especially if it's almost guaranteed if you put in the time you will get your $500k + per year.

Stop trying to talk yourself out of it, and being able to earn $30-$50k/yr while you are still essentially "in school" is awesome. Make a low stress lifestyle and live within your means until you are earning the big bucks.

Keep moving forward and you will achieve your goals.

How many people make $500K + or more? It's less than 1% of the population.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrgoodstuff said:
You KNOW this is a good investment especially if it's almost guaranteed if you put in the time you will get your $500k + per year.

Stop trying to talk yourself out of it, and being able to earn $30-$50k/yr while you are still essentially "in school" is awesome. Make a low stress lifestyle and live within your means until you are earning the big bucks.

Keep moving forward and you will achieve your goals.

How many people make $500K + or more? It's less than 1% of the population.
It's because I would still technically be in school for the next 14 years. That's where my dilemma is at. I've already got senioritis. I don't want to be studying physics or organic chemistry when that doesn't have to do jack **** with bones, muscles, and ligaments. The prerequisites for med school are dumb (although it will test your mental grit though so that part at least is reasonable), and the high school educational system is screwed up to all hell in the sense that you pretty much don't use any more advanced math than an elementary school level as well as studying the English language. English changes so often that literature from 200 years ago is harder to understand, and Shakespeare writing from 400-500 years ago are practically incomprehensible.

It's reasons like this why the US is going down the ****ter (no offense to any hardcore patriots. But just like I am redpill over women, I am not another mindless pawn in the game of bull**** politicians play when concerning world affairs or or the education system).

I will follow through with it as I don't see any other way of securing a large salary over legal means except stockmarkets, in which case is almost always a gamble, and I'd have to cheat in order to get ahead. But then again, that isn't legal.

I just want to hear the input of others to get as much advice as possible to ease the stress of school.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think some posters are being a little unfair to Tenacity in this thread. Guru calls him a piker and Exception says he is close minded and looking for a handout. At least Tenacity has a plan and knows his path. I daresay he's probably doing better than most posters on this forum.

Besides, he has a goal of attaining $1 million, which is the title of this thread! He is even on track for attaining this goal, but guru, you start slamming him because he's not going for $10 million. If he wanted to make $10 million, I suppose you'd move the chains and slam him for not going for $100 million?

guru1000 said:
Here, we have a young DJ who wants to make half mil per year as a surgeon and has a real chance of actualizing said goal
I notice here that you recognize that realism, as in having a realistic goal, is of some value. I think it's a little unfair to slam Tenacity, who has accomplished more than most, while praising I'mTheDoubleGreatest, who has a plan, but hasn't done anything yet.

I'mTheDoubleGreatest said:
I just want to hear the input of others to get as much advice as possible to ease the stress of school
I can't lie to you, 14 years of school is going to be a lot of hard work, as are most things worth pursuing. But probably worth it. But if you are looking to avoid stress, think about this: I don't know how much more pressure you could have on you than having someone's life in your hands (as a surgeon). Just be sure you know what you're getting into. But if you decide to go for it (and it sounds like a good plan to me), best of luck to you.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I can't lie to you, 14 years of school is going to be a lot of hard work, as are most things worth pursuing. But probably worth it. But if you are looking to avoid stress, think about this: I don't know how much more pressure you could have on you than having someone's life in your hands (as a surgeon). Just be sure you know what you're getting into. But if you decide to go for it (and it sounds like a good plan to me), best of luck to you.
Thanks zekko.

I chose specifically orthopedic surgery because of the people associated with it since most injuries are from sports related incidents. Therefore, its a much more upbeat attitude than a cardiothoracic surgeon (heart) or neurosurgeon (nervous system; brain and spine/spinal cord). Plus I do love studying the human body, especially the physique, as evolution has created us in the most perfected way possible. Also, it isn't exactly life or death either (although it can be), because you won't exactly die from a broken bone or torn muscle or ligamemt, but with the cardiothoracic surgeon, the patients' life is literally in your hands. We don't even need to get into the brain.

I also can get much better bodily intuition and understand my own specific body better, how it reacts to certain things, what it absorbs and rejects, etc. That's a big part. I do find that type of work interesting, plus it's hands-on too, and that makes it all the more better. I know myself; I can't just sit in an office all day doing paperwork, I want to do something. So this does seem like a good choice for me.

I do have another dillema: I don't want a chick to like me because I'm making a lot of money. I want her to like me for me. I guess that's fairytales nowadays, but if I can find another woman in med school, my chances would probably shoot up a bit because you can't be out partying and screwing around too much to get there. There's that possibility. I figure I can have my fun in undergrad, get into med school and look for someone better. Without telling them that I am a doctor. Then just say (in case they ask) "I make around $50,000 a year" (because in residency, that's how much you do make). Then I will gauge her interest after that. If anything changes for the worse, I leave her. If not, I will keep on looking and choose the best woman who is just like that.

I guess I figured out my own life right now.... :D

Input still wanted and appreciated though.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ITDG, you mentioned your abstract immerses in greatness but lacks specificity.

Does being a surgeon align with this abstract?

Does being a surgeon align with your will, calling, and design?

Does being a surgeon align with your passion?

If you answer yes to all three above, then make this your goal, follow through with your goal, become one with your goal: relentlessly, shamelessly, and unapologetically.

There will be many ostensible "challenges," but the guises of roadblocks are illusions to weed out those with Plan Bs. Eliminate ALL Plans Bs and exits.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zekko, this thread is not for pikers. It's for men with ball sacks who understand their value and are willing to go after their worth without reservations or excuses of the "greater powers to be."

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of you are looking to shoot holes in guru's posts. They're pretty simple though, and make sense, as far as I can tell. Set goals, work hard at them, know your value, and when life happens - because not everything is in your control - adjust but stay focused. We see this plenty of times in life. When a young man wants to become a doctor, he studies, works, and eventually becomes one. If you want to achieve something and you stick to your goals, you will accomplish them eventually, maybe after several failures.

Now here's something I'll add, though I'm not sure if guru will agree or not. The process has to be part of it. You will not win the lottery tomorrow. So you must accept that your process will include many plateaus, many struggles, and many failures. If your goal and the work involved is of value to you, you'll press on. If it's not, maybe it's not the right goal for you. See the book "Mastery" by Robert Greene.

The mind is a powerful computer that can generate positivity or negativity. We think so much comes from the subconscious, but are you harnessing your conscious mind? Think about it. Worry and doubt are forms of negative planning. What most people don't realize is man can plan for positive outcomes and success, and supplant worry and doubt with this positive planning. When guru tells you all you're indulging in self-limiting beliefs and excuses, that's part of the negativity your brain defaults to. It's natural for survival to anticipate some bad things and deal with them, but don't indulge failure fantasies as "realism." Envision your wildest fantasies and then figure out how to realize them. Read "Psycho-Cybernetics" by Maxwell Maaltz for more on how to train your mind for success and happiness.

The $1 million is a totem. There are many ways to make $1 million. There are many fortunes to be gained that aren't monetary. Happiness is out there for the taking if you're honest with yourself about how to get there. $1 mil? Hot wife? Publish a book? Fly a plane? It all starts with you believing you can do it, because if you don't, no one else will. (Corny - but true.)

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
synergy1 said:
I had somewhat of an awakening back in 2013 - I made the choice mentally to accept that I could attain financial/ life success if I did it. This was a big step. It was like the quote from the first Matrix , "Don't think you can, know you can" and was really pivotal.
Yes. Greatness in your chosen path ALWAYS begins with the abstract. The abstract catalyzes your subsequent course, and brings CONSCIOUSNESS to surroundings that you were formerly incognizant of that will now further your direction into concrete form.
synergy1 said:
However to make it , it would take more than following the status quo. it would mean leaving all preconceived notions about retirement, and working long years doing an easy job behind.
The merit of “inner game in the financial arena" as I like to call it is thinking outside the box; that is, abrogating the conditioning that society has indoctrinated you with. Part of this is being conscious of and then eliminating all preconceived thinking paradigms.

synergy1 said:
In 2013, I started learning about business at a feverish pace. I knew my knowledge was lacking since I have had no experience in the industry. But I started by learning from others - start ups, markets, finance, VC etc. While most people after work would sit and numb their brain with TV, I would work out and than spend the rest of my evenings working/ learning what needed to be learned. Changing gears, I knew with business knowledge that I should learn some skills to make myself somewhat self sufficient. Since 2014, I have learned how to program several languages, learned data analysis, and other new-age technologies. I guess in short, the idea of technology and business really is appealing on so many levels, and has a potential to be something great.
Notice how you began with the abstract. Then proceeded with the concrete, which is education.

The difference here, is some educate with no abstract. Same action, different motivation. Your education is not indoctrinated action as most following the social construct as you must go to school to <fill in the blank>. Rather your education catalyzed from your willful decision to accept only financial transcendence, and the NEED of specific education to get you there.

synergy1 said:
However this isn't even the start. In fact, nothing has even been done. After getting some requisite knowledge, I have since taken initiatives to build business ideas I have had on my spare time. In addition, I have networked and came across an opportunity to put all of this to the test. Recently, said opportunity has presented itself and now I am working to get it off the ground. My company has been incorporated, and within a few weeks, we will begin breaking ground on the task at hand. While there is downtime at the beginning stages I continue to develop skills, work on business ideas, and learn about the stock markets.
You began with the abstract. Now the concrete wheels are in gear.

synergy1 said:
Honestly, I love it. Retirement isn't something I think about. I don' want to retire.
I agree. The thrill of hunt, not the actual achievement, is often the height of achievement.

synergy1 said:
The overall idea for me is the following- I will make it. Every waking moment that isn't at my 9-5 is being put into making myself better...be it getting in shape, learning few programming skills, business skills, or networking with said opportunities.
As I always state, if you are not evolving, you are failing :up:

synergy1 said:
guru, I don't know you. I like how strong willed attitude towards success. That is very rare in my experience. I assume part of this is innate, but is any aspect of this learned? It seems you learned from experiences from your days on Wall st. Did any other life events shape this outlook?
I’ve always had a strong will. This is innate. However, this did not translate to big thinking, until I was surrounded by other big thinkers. Let’s face it, if everyone around you is pursuing X, it is very hard (but not impossible) for you to willfully pursue X*100, as you have no point of reference, and have already been socially/financially castrated in thinking.

Wall Street did shape my thinking paradigms. When you are have top producers in your industry earning 200-300,000 monthly—it is not nearly as difficult to shatter previous limiting thinking models.

The most effective business philosophy that I have successfully incorporated was Napoleon Hills’ "burn the boat" ideology, as follows:

You and your crew of five soldiers arrive on an island where you have 10 native tribesman. The goal is to seize the island by killing the 10 natives. How do you best accomplish this goal?

Burn your boats! Now you have no choice: There is no escape. Seize the island or be killed.
Where there is no Plan B, you are operating at maximum capacity! I can't tell you how many times I wanted to quit along my journeys, but this rudimentary "No Plan B" ideology, kept me strong, grounded, and tenacious.

synergy1 said:
Lastly, What would you recommend for someone like myself who is on the cusp?
Be specific as to the exact monetary gross dollar amount your business will generate in a specific time. This will qualify your plan to specifics of your market for more accurate direction and accounting and eliminate superfluous time, energy, and capital to incidentals that are not part of this direction.

I can’t provide a concrete modus operandi as I don’t know the details of your product and market. Feel free to post or PM for specificity, and we can build the pro-forma accounting for concrete steps.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:
The mind is a powerful computer that can generate positivity or negativity. We think so much comes from the subconscious, but are you harnessing your conscious mind? Think about it. Worry and doubt are forms of negative planning. What most people don't realize is man can plan for positive outcomes and success, and supplant worry and doubt with this positive planning. When guru tells you all you're indulging in self-limiting beliefs and excuses, that's part of the negativity your brain defaults to. It's natural for survival to anticipate some bad things and deal with them, but don't indulge failure fantasies as "realism." Envision your wildest fantasies and then figure out how to realize them. Read "Psycho-Cybernetics" by Maxwell Maaltz for more on how to train your mind for success and happiness.
Wise words.

I have YET not to accomplish any vision that I stated that I WOULD attain; that including the bold, unfounded statement made in Post 22. Create a vision, and that vision WILL actualize in accordance with the WILL operating in the driver’s seat. Just be specific with detail and time.

Yes, my friend, it is ALL about the WILL. If you believe that you will WILL it into fruition (as long as it doesn’t violate Nature’s laws), then the seemly two disparate realms of abstract thought and concrete actualization lose their boundaries and interweave. One must "look" beyond themselves to see that abstract and concrete already connect and are ONE, just not observable by our five senses.

It is stated in several kabbalistic texts, that "thoughts" manifest into "physical, operating forms" in higher spiritual realms. If we were able to empirically witness such anomalies, it would certainly change how society views thought patterns.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NSX-R said:
Great thread guru , one can get a lot of motivation from this, I know i do get some.
I absolutely agree with this, that believing in it you can achieve it in the end.

One of my idols Aristotelis Onassis was one of the richest businessmen in the world. His father was rich until in one point he lost everything, so we can say he had almost nothing when he started. I'll say a story.
At his way to Argentina ( where he started his business) the ship at that time was , one half for 1st class( rich people) and the 2nd class( poor people). Onasis was at the 2nd and he went at the 1st class until a guard catch him . The guard said :
Guard: this place is not for you, return back (2nd class and poor people) to where you belong.
Onassis : This is the place where I belong .( meaning the 1st class) .

The guard then throw him back at the 2nd . After many years he became one of the most powerful man on the world.
What do we learn from this example? That believing you are made for Greatness, you shall achieve it.
Interesting story. I remember when I was seven years old, the teacher asked that we draw pictures of our future selves. I drew a picture of a gold castle with walls made of gold bars, that were self-regenerative. Of course I was the king, lol. At 7!

Thought manifestations do have a significant impact on one's reality, more so than the bourgeoisie care to admit.

Some food for thought:
Dr. Masaru Emoto, a researcher and alternative healer from Japan has given the world a good deal of evidence of the magic of positive thinking. He became famous when his water molecule experiments featured in the 2004 film, What The Bleep Do We Know? His experiments demonstrate that human thoughts and intentions can alter physical reality, such as the molecular structure of water. Given that humans are comprised of at least 60% water, his discovery has far reaching implications… can anyone really afford to have negative thoughts or intentions?

The rice experiment is another famous Emoto demonstration of the power of negative thinking (and conversely, the power of positive thinking). Dr. Emoto placed portions of cooked rice into two containers. On one container he wrote “thank you” and on the other “you fool”. He then instructed school children to say the labels on the jars out loud everyday when they passed them by. After 30 days, the rice in the container with positive thoughts had barely changed, while the other was moldy and rotten.
Click on this video.