Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

HOW TO LOOK LIKE A ROCK- tip compilation

U

user43770

switch said:
ive read and tried his stuff. people say that his stuff works for beginners, but we all know that ANYTHING works for beginners.

medals and achievements are a must. you should walk the walk , anyone can talk ,including lassie.

as i said, experiment,do it and decide for yourself.partials are just assistance.i never said to replace full range of motion lifts with partials.

i put around 100 kgs(220lbs) on my squat by doing partials and graduated movement training.the stuff works. (currently at 220-230)
you challenged me to 300lbs ? LMAOOOOOOOOO 230kgs is 500lbs. hahahahahahahaha

im too lazy to argue so i let jamie kick ur ass :D

http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2009/07/if-you-think-partials-will-only-yield.html

there are other articles but they contain "fvck" and sosuave censors that word, which makes the link useless
just search "partials" on his blog.

as for biceps,i will do what stig and purefilth said, always nice to do something new. :rock:

When I first started working out, I was doing quarter squats. I was working out with 275. I thought I was a badass. Guess what?

I switched to full-squats and could barely do 135. What does that mean to you, switch?

To me, it means that one is much more difficult than the other. Have you ever heard of stabilizer muscles? They're the ones you don't use when you're doing quarters. Or half squats.

DanZy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TyTe`EyEz said:
When I first started working out, I was doing quarter squats. I was working out with 275. I thought I was a badass. Guess what?

I switched to full-squats and could barely do 135. What does that mean to you, switch?

To me, it means that one is much more difficult than the other. Have you ever heard of stabilizer muscles? They're the ones you don't use when you're doing quarters. Or half squats.
That's because you only trained quarter squats...obviously you can't solely train quarter squats and expect your full squats to increase (unless you were having problems locking out)

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TyTe`EyEz said:
You have to develop muscle mass before you can worry about hypertrophy. Get big and strong, and then you can get more advanced, if necessary.
I wholeheartedly agree.

TyTe`EyEz said:
High-volume workouts, especially for beginners, are a waste of time.
I wouldn't say so. Of course it can be a waste of time, but that is dependent on how you are using that time. Take 90 min for example. One guy hits 30 sets during that time, doing at least moderately heavy compounds with some assistance. Another guy during that same time, also does 30 sets. Except he's all iso (leg ext, leg curls, bicep curls, kickbacks, flies, etc..), all the time. Of course that 90 min was a colossal waste of time for guy #2, but not guy #1.

TyTe`EyEz said:
Isn't that how we all started? Doing whatever magazine workout was popular at the time?
No. (at least not me) Started lifting in 7th grade for football, kept it up til senior year.

TyTe`EyEz said:
Where did that get you? For me, all it did was lead to spinning wheels. I did every bicep burnout workout known to man, and I ended up in the same place I started. I didn't develop great biceps until I implemented weighted chin-ups in my routine. 21s? Do 6 chin-ups with 45 lbs hanging from your waist. You can't do that much? Work up to it. Act like you want to be here. Take pride in it.
It got me pretty far. Of course strength and power were the basis of everything, but hypertrophy type parameters can be very complementary to strength parameters, in my experience (isn't that what we are all going off of, our personal experience?)

TyTe`EyEz said:
I would go as far to say skip hypertrophy altogether. Make your main goal getting bigger and stronger. Keep your diet in check. Watch what happens. Fvcking ripped. And strong.
Whatever works for you, works for you. Not saying I disagree, but to each their own. I'll always include a little bit of hypertrophy work. Whenever I plateau at a certain weight, here's what I sometimes do to break it (most prominently with bench pressing): hypertrophy. High reps, high volume, lighter weight (not too light though) for a few workouts. Whenever I get back to the heavy weights on sets of <5, I end up crashing through that barrier. It's what I did when I stalled at 285 and 295. Not saying it's my go to solution, but it does work.

When I talked about dropsets in a previous post, I was speaking about it as a supplementary, assistance exercise. I'm not expecting someone to make an entire program around them. I do them once every couple weeks because I do like the burn, they make my arms noticeably more vascular when I do them (from the pump)...essentially they are fun.

I completely disagree that I was spreading any type of misinformation. I was not saying or implying that dropset type lifts are the only thing people should do. I was not saying that they will help you gain the most size or strength. Far, far from it. Just following the topic of the thread, a neat compilation of tips and tricks.

I'm sure you've seen my log and know that I'm all about getting strong with heavy compounds.

EDIT: Sorry to keep the derail going switch. :whistle:

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
anyway since some of us are really interested in my "credentials"i have to say ...i have none. except for a personal endorsement from ron swanson for the invention of bacon wrapped shrimps,which still hangs from my wall....my life's greatest accomplishment.

also i tend to ignore anyone who thinks squatting 315 is a big deal.these are usually indviduals who use a subatomic, laser guided ruler to make sure they hit parallel on every rep. well newsflash fvckers nobody cares, ide rather fap to a broad on a "fvck-machine" than to read your scientific facts that lead to your mind numbing ATG 200lbs squat

ok back to the main tip of the day :

1.plyometrics is good.

2.long distance cardio is NOT good

3.short high intesity sprints are good

4.forced negatives are a waste of time

5.stretching is for call girls before an anal orgy in a police station

6.warm ups are a waste of time

7.cargo pants rule

8.DO hit on the gym bunnies, they are there to be oggled and wooed, but dont turn it into a sausagefest....
(i once saw around 8 guys surrounding a single chick....fvcking faggots)

9. barbells > dumbells > your dog's testicles > your mom's fat ass > kettlebells

10. dont wear those iphone headphones...seriously ,people look fvcking retarded with those,i cant stop thinking about the fact that your parents hate you and probably put ricin in your food everyday in the hope that you die of rabies or something...dont do it

^ Did you notice that i made the post REALLY simple this time?

yes,because i'de figure we have a bunch of special ed kids running around the forum with laser rulers measuring everyone's squat so i made it in a way that their retarded minds would actually understand.

U

user43770

TheStig said:
I wholeheartedly agree.

I wouldn't say so. Of course it can be a waste of time, but that is dependent on how you are using that time. Take 90 min for example. One guy hits 30 sets during that time, doing at least moderately heavy compounds with some assistance. Another guy during that same time, also does 30 sets. Except he's all iso (leg ext, leg curls, bicep curls, kickbacks, flies, etc..), all the time. Of course that 90 min was a colossal waste of time for guy #2, but not guy #1.

No. (at least not me) Started lifting in 7th grade for football, kept it up til senior year.

It got me pretty far. Of course strength and power were the basis of everything, but hypertrophy type parameters can be very complementary to strength parameters, in my experience (isn't that what we are all going off of, our personal experience?)

Whatever works for you, works for you. Not saying I disagree, but to each their own. I'll always include a little bit of hypertrophy work. Whenever I plateau at a certain weight, here's what I sometimes do to break it (most prominently with bench pressing): hypertrophy. High reps, high volume, lighter weight (not too light though) for a few workouts. Whenever I get back to the heavy weights on sets of <5, I end up crashing through that barrier. It's what I did when I stalled at 285 and 295. Not saying it's my go to solution, but it does work.

When I talked about dropsets in a previous post, I was speaking about it as a supplementary, assistance exercise. I'm not expecting someone to make an entire program around them. I do them once every couple weeks because I do like the burn, they make my arms noticeably more vascular when I do them (from the pump)...essentially they are fun.

I completely disagree that I was spreading any type of misinformation. I was not saying or implying that dropset type lifts are the only thing people should do. I was not saying that they will help you gain the most size or strength. Far, far from it. Just following the topic of the thread, a neat compilation of tips and tricks.

I'm sure you've seen my log and know that I'm all about getting strong with heavy compounds.

EDIT: Sorry to keep the derail going switch. :whistle:

Good post, Stig. And you're right. And I apologize for my earlier transgression. I confused you with switch for a second there. My mention of misinformation was only directed at switch, for some how making the claim that quarter squats are better than full.

U

user43770

Mods, don't delete my posts.

What if I'm right? And you know I am... I have some quarter squats for ya - they're left 10 years ago with the rest of my misinformation.

U

user43770

I bet me, Stig and Danzy are doing full squats. Holler at your boys.

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
meh im too lazy to argue. but if people are too stupid to understand that i meant partials as an assistance exercise, then be it. i usually full squat b!tches otherwise how m i gonna compete at a powerlifting meet? i rest my case and move on.
im actually losing faith in humanity...... i wish a plaque would just sweep in and take out the retards....

U

user43770

switch said:
meh im too lazy to argue. but if people are too stupid to understand that i meant partials as an assistance exercise, then be it. i usually full squat b!tches otherwise how m i gonna compete at a powerlifting meet? i rest my case and move on.
im actually losing faith in humanity...... i wish a plaque would just sweep in and take out the retards....
Just say that then. Don't make a thread berating Rippetoe. Don't make a thread saying that everyone should do shrugs and quarter squats. Fvcking ridiculous.

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TyTe`EyEz said:
Just say that then. Don't make a thread berating Rippetoe. Don't make a thread saying that everyone should do shrugs and quarter squats. Fvcking ridiculous.
hahahahaha im sorry i hurt your little feelings.here have a biscuit :crackup:

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how to get a V taper

yes we all want a V taper,because thats what chicks like as well as assorted homos and closet faggots in leotards.

anyway there are basically 2 ways :

1. lose fat. yeah reduce your Bodyfat % , however this usually works for guys who already have some decent amount of muscle onn their frame. a skinny dude wont really get a V taper by this method alone.

2. pull ups
yep, there are lots of "pull up" routines out there, so google it.

rows and lat downs work as well , but i prefer pull ups. some swear by the lat down machine ,others ;love their rows, experiment and see what works for you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

x

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how to reduce love handles :

well i have devised a one -fits all, cookie cutter program to erase those nasty love handles....... not.

the only way to get rid of them is to reduce your body fat %.

what is an ideal bf%? i dont know, its an individual thing.

side bends wont do a damn thing for your love handles and ab machines are pretty much a waste of money.

the most important element is your diet.

as for the diet just pick a paleo or ketogenic diet and stick to it.paleo is more practical for most people according to my experience.but you can even try the bodybuilder diet if thats your thing.

read robb wolf's "the paleo solution"

a lot of fatties will ask about the ECA stack (ephedrine, aspirin, caffeine):

a lot of people (read ,down syndrome aspies or c0cktapos) are scared of the ECA stack.most experienced lifters say that its safe.
something's for sure, its not a magic pill that will turn your useless fat piece of sh!t corpse into an arnold doppelganger.

i have never used it because i live out in the boonies and do not have access to this sh!t. but if i did have access to it , i would give it a try because experimentation is key to success.
anyway i cant recommend it to you, because i havent used it, google it and decide for yourself.

as for cardio, there are as many opinions about cardio as there is hair in my assh0le. just pick one. swimming , rowing , sprints , HIIT . . . . .
for the record i hate jogging and joggers,i fvcking hate them.i swim or do some shadow boxing instead.:box:

so summary:

1. Diet
2.cardio

throw in a weightlifting routine and you are all set.any routine will work since you are most likely new to this.dont fret it and just lift. yes even 5X5 works (up to a point )

some people ,like yours truly are anal about abs and need an exercise for their midsection.if you like to do something for your midsection then try a leg raise or ab rollout but it wont give you a six pack. just a strong core, which is good if you deadlift like me.... with a rounded back

diet and cardio , repeat after me fatso , "diet and cardio"

DanZy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
switch said:
yes we all want a V taper,because thats what chicks like as well as assorted homos and closet faggots in leotards.

anyway there are basically 2 ways :

1. lose fat. yeah reduce your Bodyfat % , however this usually works for guys who already have some decent amount of muscle onn their frame. a skinny dude wont really get a V taper by this method alone.

2. pull ups
yep, there are lots of "pull up" routines out there, so google it.

rows and lat downs work as well , but i prefer pull ups. some swear by the lat down machine ,others ;love their rows, experiment and see what works for you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

x
3. Don't do heavy oblique work

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TyTe`EyEz said:
Mods, don't delete my posts.
I haven't - what posts were deleted - I cant see any soft deletes here?

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Diet , part 1

1. eating excessive amounts of protein is safe, it wont kill you , it wont bring cancer and you wont get a shriveling ****or!s either.

2.vegeterians should be purged.i hate them. both my exes were veggies,i fvcking hate them too.
i also hate gossip girl, and any christian priest including the evil guy from star wars known as pope.

3.eat lots of fat , eat lots of protein. carbs are ok in moderation.

4.stay the hell away from alcohol. its a waste of money, unless you use it as a panty remover.

4.b : panty removers include , tequila , gin, vodka.

5.beer = pregnant man syndrome.

6.coffee is great.

7.green tea is ok , but if i see you drinking it , i immediately assume that you are gay and want me to hump your girlfriend for you.

8.whey protein comes as concentrate or isolate or hydrosylate.they are all useless, get the blended one. blended whey is best IMO.

9.protein powder is not essential , you can eat good quality meals instead, like steaks , steaks and even more steaks...ok maybe a little chicken on the side

10. fish is a vegetable, just kidding. eat the oily fish or tuna or whatever.
i personally dont like fish.

11.dont eat soy.

its outright poisonous and estrogenic.IF you like soy and insist on eating that sh!t for whatever useless reason you came up with then please be kind to your testes and use tamoxifen at the same time.and run MAG-10 too...you'll need it ...

12.steaks are good.im pro steak.i also support guns , moustaches , cow farms and cruelty against small animals. they are all manly.

13. white rice and brown rice are like wet sh!t and dry sh!t,in the end they are both sh!t. same with white and whole wheat....

14.quinoa ,blue acae etc are just BS fads.

15.multivitamin = animalpak

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4 simple principles :

1.lift like a powerlifter
2.train like a body builder
3.eat like a caveman
4.sleep like a motherfvcker

1.lift like a powerlifter:

aim to lift progressively heavier weights. means if you are benching 200lbs today , then you should get it moving to 220lbs by next month/week etc....

you should also focus around the main power lifts , squat ,deadlift and the bench.

2.train like a bodybuilder

no this doesnt mean body splits.what i mean is that bodybuilders are often looking for their weak/underdeveloped body parts and trying to improve them,they always try to train the auxiliary / stabilization muscles to help a major muscle to grow.

i want you to take that principle and and apply it to powerlifting. its difficult to explain by words alone.

anyway following is a recipe for increasing your lifts:

how to increase your bench press:

train your rear delts, biceps , triceps and lats.
inclines.
pause sets.
pause inclines.
hammer curls.
drive with your legs.
put the weight on your traps.

how to increase the squat :

train traps,they hold the weight on your damn body.
squat.
bottom position squat.
power clean before each squat session.
squat lock outs.

how to increase the deadlift:

squats.
train traps, biceps and abs.
train your grip by doing pull up variations.
grow balls
find the form that works for you.
deficit pulls.
use chalk

3.eat like a caveman.
paleo diet.nuff said.

4.sleep like a mofo
sleep.
sleep.
have sex.
sleep.

switch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
traps + shoulders + abs = wet vag!na. nuff said.

that's all it takes to be called "buff" these days. its sad, i know,but thats how it is. swell those fvckers and next weekend you might be banging something other than your right calloused hand.