Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to Kiss Well

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is something I've thought might be useful for a while. Maybe you are young and inexperienced, maybe you aren't. Maybe you have lots of experience. Great kissing is the gateway to great sex. It is a massive turn on to women.

Bad kissing is a massive turn off.

What makes a great kiss? Here are some suggestions from the ladies locker room.

Prep: Hygiene. Brush your teeth, use mouthwash, use gum or a mint if you are out. Water or an adult beverage can be useful to cleanse the palate in a pinch.

Good kissing is first and foremost interactive. It is engaged with your partner. A good kisser is at once kissing and responding to the other person. Kisses should be soft and yet purposeful, passionate and yet playful, sometimes ardent, sometimes tender. The two best words I think to describe a good kiss is that it is responsive and sensual.

A good basic kiss without tongue is softly pressed lips with mouth slightly open. Press your lips together gently to apply light pressure through your pucker and push off slightly. Practice on your hand. Repeat as desired with your partner.

A good basic kiss with tongue (French kiss) is more open mouthed, where you are using your tongue to explore gently your partner's mouth, tongue and lips. In a good deep French kiss your tongue is entwined slightly with your partner's tongue and moves gently back and forth. The lips remain relaxed & supple as you and your partner recieve each other.

Here are some examples of poor kissing practices that I find off-putting....

Lizard tongue: Flicking your tongue around like an iguana is kind of icky. Certainly a flicking or licking is great on territory other than the face (think neck, breasts, body, naughty bits), but this is not a great technique on the lips or the face.

Sucker fish: Vacuum seals are great for lots of things but not for kissing. Sucker fish type kissing can impede your partner's breathing and is unpleasant. Sucking is great for areas other than the mouth and face, and gentle to hard sucking of your partner's tongue can be a turn on, but more as part of your repertoire rather than exclusively sucking. Hickies are bruises made by sucking areas of the body hard, and by creating a vacuum seal. They are most erotic in erogenous zones like the flank, inner thigh, back of the neck & breasts. Please be considerate about hickies in places where they can be seen. Sight of them can be considered distasteful. Worst case...wear a turtleneck.

St. Bernard: Really wet sloppy kisses are, well, wet & sloppy. They have an "ick" factor. Swallow your saliva more & go more for soft & supple lips rather than wet & sloppy. Drool is not cool.

Tongue Thrusting: Hard thrusting of the tongue into your partner's mouth. Can be either insertion of a stiff tongue or repeated thrusting. This is self absorbed kissing that is not responsive in nature. Worst kissing style possible as it utterly disregards your partner. I almost wonder if it is really a response to getting a hard on. Whatever it is it is a sure fire awful kissing technique!

Chapped or broken: If your lips are chapped or broken or if you have a sore, heal your lips before you kiss. Coconut oil is a great lubricant and healing agent...get some Chapstick or if you need it, an antiviral cream. Severely chapped lips can split & bleed. Complete gross factor.

Sensuality wins the day when kissing a woman. Soft but supple is a great way to start, proceeding to French kisses. Some light touching or brushing with your lips can also be part of good kissing...and good kissing gets her ready for everything else ;)

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree. Teasing is good stuff. Build expectation, a.k.a. sexual tension.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I've had really good success with gently grabbing the bottom lip with my lips are pulling it out...they seem to get really hot and bothered from it

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel that one of the most important thing, if you found somebody you like yet you are turned off by their kissing, is to start communicating your needs. Sometimes it is as simple as having a gentle conversation.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was told by several girls that they just find French kissing nasty in general. Maybe the guys they were with were bad but they used that as an excuse more or less not to do it with me. Well, now I have the knowledge at least. Woohoo

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To me, there is even more to kissing than just the kiss itself.

From my experience (maybe I am wrong), women seem to like
1. Teasing, especially in the beginning... Teasing is a bit of an art form and I have practiced quite a bit at it. Sometimes I fail, but that is why I still practice.
-The best way to describe it is go 20%, then back to 10%, then go 40%, then back to 20%, and keep escalating.
-I also like making women's kisses miss sometimes, and it is almost always followed by a giggle or big smile. Also a good test for her interest. If she wants more, she will come after you hard.
-For example... after you have set the pace, your going for another kiss and she expects it, so she responds to... air... I will then open my eyes, and stare at her and smile. She will respond with a "such a brat" look, and escalate onto you.
2. Slide your hand behind her head. To put generally, slide your fingers behind her head with thumb in front of her ear. With your fingers in her hair, pull gently, just to provide a bit of pressure
3. Use other hand and slide slowly around the back of her waist, but pull her firmly towards you
4. Locate her hands. While kissing, if I can easily locate her hands, I will grab her hand with one of mine and interlock fingers
5. Don't let her be lazy! If she does not have her arms around you, grab her hands softly and put them around your shoulders. women seem to go crazy when you assert yourself
6. Stop periodically and rest your forehead against hers
7. Try to match her breathing
8. Pay attention to her pace! Some women want to take control, and I don't let them. This is when I increase the teasing until she follows my lead.

If I am really trying to prime her for the second date, I may
1. Slide my hand under her shirt on her back
2. Kiss towards her ear, then gently around the middle of her neck
2. Pick her up

Just general things. Mainly, just have fun with it. Be spontaneous and adaptable. I would say most women I have kissed seem to like it, while about half have actually told me. Another great thing about kissing for me is it gives a good clue as to how sexual she is...

Last edited:

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Teasing is super important for the whole shebang. She will then 'escalate' on you without you trying to force things along... so to speak.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah, that would have been fun. I do have a squirter now. I'm glad my couch is old.

The girl who couldn't kiss was also horrible at oral sex, worst bj I ever had, so teethy it was like jacking off in a handful of sharp rocks.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heheh can't think y we didn't raise that one ages ago. Important red flag right there

NSX-R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I found many chicks loved to get bitten on their lips. Depending on the chick she might bite you back .

There was one chick once who was biting me back hard . I was then biting her even more and she was doing the same thing back . It became a game we were trying to bite each others lip but with some sensuality in it . We loved it both .
If you and your chick like to have some pain , do it . Some women might not like it to get bitten hard but a small bite is always a win . If you can back it up with sexual words it's a win win .

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol I have had women kiss me in all the bad ways OP listed...
hated it everytime and have had to teach women how to kiss (and give a proper BJ)

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
and kissing is one of the most erotic things a man to do to a woman

interesting observation, thanks for the insight Rich

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Tip: Don't practice on the dog, you may get rejected!:eek::p

ohrein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, there are so many women who are terrible at kissing as well. My girlfriend is amazing thankfully. I think good kissing translates into good everything else for some reason. I have no idea why but women who are terrible at kissing tend to be dysfunctional in other areas. Case in point, one of my Tinder dates who turned out to be batsh1t crazy kissed like a wet vacuum cleaner with a tongue. Should have known better!