How to Keep Your Emotions in Check?

DJT92

Don Juan
Reaction score
I often times fail keeping my emotions in check.

For example, a girl I've been seeing for a while starts texting me some ****ty one words answers here and there (giving me nothing to work with), and I often eventually respond with something to keep the convo going, when I believe it is either a sh!t test or it's not worth responding to that sh!t anyway.

Any advice on how to stop myself from caving? Other than "be a man" or some lame answer like that.

What do you guys do?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Work on increasing testosterone levels. Emotions equals low testosterone and/or high estradiol

DJT92

Don Juan
Reaction score
Work on increasing testosterone levels. Emotions equals low testosterone and/or high estradiol
I have had my testosterone checked multiple times recently and it sits in the 750-900 ng/dL range (high), my estradiol levels 45ish.

It appears to be more anxiety based

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had my testosterone checked multiple times recently and it sits in the 750-900 ng/dL range (high), my estradiol levels 45ish.

Estradiol is borderline high. You'd do better in the mid 20s than mid 40s...

Floydispink01

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If she sends you one word texts. Ignore her for a day or two then invite her out for drinks...

Hey, I'm heading to (bar) at (time and date) come and join me.

Texting is mostly waffling dude. Leave that to her female friends.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I have the same issue. High T level 968 and anxiety. Im going to talk to the doctor about it Monday.

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

For example, a girl I've been seeing for a while starts texting me some ****ty one words answers here and there (giving me nothing to work with), and I often eventually respond with something to keep the convo going, when I believe it is either a sh!t test or it's not worth responding to that sh!t anyway.

Any advice on how to stop myself from caving? Other than "be a man" or some lame answer like that.

What do you guys do?
Get busy. Busy with work. Busy with a hobby. Busy at the gym. Busy with projects.

Get so busy doing healthy, productive things that you don't give a sh!t about her texts.

DJT92

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get busy. Busy with work. Busy with a hobby. Busy at the gym. Busy with projects.

Get so busy doing healthy, productive things that you don't give a sh!t about her texts.
Thanks for the reply man!

We've been having steady sex (3-6 times a week) for about 3 months now, I've been keeping busy with things but have to work on not giving a **** about her texts as well as being less available as I am seeing a slight power shift in her direction. Both of these will stem from doing what your post implies.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score

For example, a girl I've been seeing for a while starts texting me some ****ty one words answers here and there (giving me nothing to work with), and I often eventually respond with something to keep the convo going,
She tells you to go RIGHT to hell and that she is sleeping with a 6'2 hockey player, and you validate it by responding to her? Are we that desperate or do we get that confused when girls kiss us?

What do you guys do?
Bro your emotions are not even in check asking the question. You can't ask for advice and then say "don't give me this type of advice. Only tell me what I want to hear."

Why are you even responding to her when she tells you to go to HELL? You haven't stole money from her or hit her or attacked her or damaged her name. She is clearly insulting you and you are asking her to insult you more. Rough stuff.

DJT92

Don Juan
Reaction score
If she sends you one word texts. Ignore her for a day or two then invite her out for drinks...

Hey, I'm heading to (bar) at (time and date) come and join me.

Texting is mostly waffling dude. Leave that to her female friends.
Thanks for the advice man. That's legitimately a good idea that I will try out the next time this happens!

The chick is not interested buddie. Go look somewhere else for some fish
I should have stated in the original post this is much more trivial. I am still sleeping with this girl nearly every night (including the nights where this happens). She initiates EVERY conversation (daily) as well as every hookup (nearly daily), there is no questions asked when/how/how often I want sex. I believe in general I am applying the basic (still far from being great at this stuff) DJ principle the best I ever have (results/progress are showing!)

Thanks for the response though man!! I am also currently looking for other women regardless of the situation

She tells you to go RIGHT to hell and that she is sleeping with a 6'2 hockey player, and you validate it by responding to her? Are we that desperate or do we get that confused when girls kiss us?

Bro your emotions are not even in check asking the question. You can't ask for advice and then say "don't give me this type of advice. Only tell me what I want to hear."

Why are you even responding to her when she tells you to go to HELL? You haven't stole money from her or hit her or attacked her or damaged her name. She is clearly insulting you and you are asking her to insult you more. Rough stuff.
Lol.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I should have stated in the original post this is much more trivial. I am still sleeping with this girl nearly every night (including the nights where this happens). She initiates EVERY conversation (daily) as well as every hookup (nearly daily), there is no questions asked when/how/how often I want sex. I believe in general I am applying the basic (still far from being great at this stuff) DJ principle the best I ever have (results/progress are showing!)

Thanks for the response though man!! I am also currently looking for other women regardless of the situation
Then why the hell do you care so much? I mean do you think every message she sends she should be gushing 5 page text novels to you? C'mon bro...you can't be serious.

First, why are you carrying on text conversations to begin with? How much is there to really talk about every single day all day long? Just stop it. If anything this will end up having the reverse of what you intend it to have---it will lessen her interest in you over time rather than increase it.

Second, if her actions are showing you she is interested, that's the important part, not her words and least of all her texts.

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are you laughing at trump his response is right on the dollar pal.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I often eventually respond with something to keep the convo going, when I believe it is either a sh!t test or it's not worth responding to that sh!t anyway.
Stop having conversations through text

It's not a sh*t test. She's giving you one word answers because she's turned off by your neediness.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

What do you guys do?
Practice mental rehab with your phone.

The phone is for setting dates (i.e. logistics of creating an opportunity to **** her). Use it for nothing more. If the phone isn't helping you set up dates, you are using it inappropriately.

I respond to text messages / calls from women... because ignoring them discourages them from contacting you. However, I do not initiate contact with women for anything other than to ask them on a date.