Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to Hold Interest Between the First and Second Date

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Update: Jeez, your worst case scenario came true:

ME: Hi, glad we met each other, HB. - Suspense :)
HB2.5: Hi, sorry I don't remember you.
ME: Oh, I've got blisters on my fingers so I pressed the wrong numbers.

Deleted the number. Kinda regret giving her a free ego stroke. ALWAYS TRUST YOUR GUTS folks, always. The reason she replied like that does not matter, maybe I waited a bit too long, or maybe she gave the number so she could leave the "set" sooner. What's with those fake IOIs though?

Who cares, I deleted her from my phone so no chance for oneitis to develop.

Juanto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you guys text first to build more rapport between 2nd and 3rd dates when you havent slept yet with the HB?

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll only text to set up a meetup.

What's up girl
What are you doing Friday
Fat cats is selling ten cent beers, you should roll thru, I'm be there with the crew.

Done...

escaleraroyal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What if the girl doesn't speak English well. How do you manage to have a first date?
Also this blue print doesn't work with Asians.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
if she texts you after the 1st date to say 'thank you for a pleasant evening. good night' an hour after it has finished and it's late i.e. 1am

is delaying saying 'you're welcome' till the morning a better tactic as you've suggested about making them feel insecure?
I think what we all need is a full guide from start to finish

How to get a girl
How to set up a date/when to text
What to do on the first date
When to text after
How to set up second date
Etc

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks to @Zimbabwe for bringing this thread back to life. It's good.

One common problem with cold approach pickup (and dating in general) is that you are automatically penalized for being a stranger.

The fact that you aren't someone that she sees regularly in her daily life means that it will be VERY difficult for her to feel any type of connection to you until you sleep with her.
Yes! This is a problem with both using website/swipe apps* and cold approaching. This common problem is compounded by living in a more populated metro area (typicallly 500,000+ population). In a bigger metro area, it takes a lot for two people to see each other. Chance encounters do not often happen. There's upside to chance encounters not happening, as it makes it easier to hide after an interaction goes sour. It does inhibit development of relationships as it takes more work. A man's male friendships also take work in a big city as he often won't randomly encounter a lot of his friends.

I remember reading content from pre-conversion Roosh about strategies for faster sex to get to an emotional connection sooner. Since women have more options than they had decades ago, she can only respond to a few text messages. She's more likely to respond to the text message of the guy who had sex with her, provided that the sex was good sex.

* @Jeffst1980 wrote this in 2011 when websites like OkCupid, PlentyofFish, and Match were the dominant tech players. Tinder didn't launch until 2012). For being written in 2011, this has aged well. Texting was starting to get quite popular around then.

You can go out and have a great date with a girl, only to have all the attraction evaporate in a few days as you exchange text messages, trying to plan another date.
There is the notion that attraction has an expiration date.

Yes, in my own dating life in the past 22 years, I have seen interactions evaporate after a first date in the text messaging phase. In the olden days (1999-2005 or so), this might have happened with phone calls and not reaching each other, though more people started getting basic cell phones in the early 2000s that made them more reachable than landlines. I bet a lot of interactions died in the 1985-2000 era based on people not connecting via landlines and leaving answering machine messages. The clip below would illustrate a variation of that.

if you attempt to "forge" a connection by texting her continually, you will likely be punished for showing too much eagerness. It's a catch 22; this is why most traditional "dating" models don't lead to relationships.
Too much communication = needy.

The best strategy is to mimic the communication strategies of high valued men and prey on her need for validation. This is what it means to be a "challenge." Since the chemistry from your first date will be forgotten in days, the only way to get her interest level up is going to be to plant the seed that you aren't sure about her yet and have other prospects.
In the 1990s, Doc Love advocated an approach of waiting a week to call after first meeting a woman. In his process flow, a man would meet a woman either through cold approach or at some social circle residence party, get her number, then call her. I remember reading about this in the early 2000s as an 18-19 year old. It's still valid advice today. @EyeBRollin uses a variation of this technique now.

This tactic works because the typical chump guy is blowing up her phone 1-2 days later trying to escalate. The guy who goes 5-9 days without contacting her makes her wonder.

This works best if you are plate spinning and have multiple prospects. If your pipeline is one prospect, the 5-9 day waiting cycles will feel endless. Go out, constantly approach, and build the prospect pipeline.

This means to avoid giving her any closure following the first date. Don't make plans for a second date on the first one, don't text her to make sure she got in ok at the end of the night, and don't text her the next day to thank her for a nice time.
NEVER text about making her she gets in ok at the end of the night or to thank her for a nice time. These are super beta moves that kill attraction.

There have been times I've made second date plans on first ones and they held up. I don't recall this working with elite looking women, merely some of the more average looking ones. It can be justified to do because setting a date in-person can take phone call or text message miscues out of the equation. I won't say NEVER with this one, but very sparingly. Probably only in non-cold approach situations, like a first date with a social circle setup.

Wait at least a couple of days, unless she contacts you first...and even then, show restraint. Her need for validation is going to be the key to getting her out with you again, so you need to make her feel that tension and uncertainty.
5-9 days, unless she contacts first.

When you DO ask her out again, keep it short and sweet- don't try too hard to be witty and keep these dates SIMPLE. A man valued by many women will NOT bend over backwards trying to impress a girl he just met. Trying to impress her will send her running at this stage in the game.

In the event that she can not make the day you suggest and doesn't offer an alternate day, say nothing. Either wait for her to text you again, or wait a week and contact her.

If she cancels the second date abruptly, say nothing.

The common thread in these responses is to treat disinterest with amplified disinterest- meaning that you won't even offer her closure by saying, "sure, that ok." This is the only way you can demonstrate value in these situations.
All good!

I hate game playing, and it's a shame that two people that like each other can't just go out and be transparent with one another. Unfortunately, part of building a connection with a woman lies in having her feel insecure about your feelings towards her -- in the early stages, anyway. If you've had a string of (seemingly) great first dates, only to have the girl disappear afterwards, it is because you failed to leave room for doubt. You will have much better luck if you disappear for a bit immediately following the first date.
I dislike game playing too. In a way, this justifies the whole social circle approach. When you get set up through mutual friends/acquaintances, you don't have to do as much game playing, though you still need some game to close the deal. Building a social circle is difficult. The larger trend seems to be that fewer people are meeting through their social circles so there's more of a need for gaming. This is funny. As we build bigger follower networks on social media, our actual social networks seem to be weakening. For instance, my closest friend's wife has 1,000+ Facebook friends. Many years ago, when she was merely his girlfriend, she also had a Facebook friend list that same size. A couple of us guys when we were single noted this and we wondered how someone with a friend list that large had nearly a non-existant social life and could never produce a social circle set up date for any of us.

Swipe app and cold approach sourced date do require much more game playing to not only attract but also to retain.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One common problem with cold approach pickup (and dating in general) is that you are automatically penalized for being a stranger. You can go out and have a great date with a girl, only to have all the attraction evaporate in a few days as you exchange text messages, trying to plan another date.

The fact that you aren't someone that she sees regularly in her daily life means that it will be VERY difficult for her to feel any type of connection to you until you sleep with her. However, if you attempt to "forge" a connection by texting her continually, you will likely be punished for showing too much eagerness. It's a catch 22; this is why most traditional "dating" models don't lead to relationships.

The best strategy is to mimic the communication strategies of high valued men and prey on her need for validation. This is what it means to be a "challenge." Since the chemistry from your first date will be forgotten in days, the only way to get her interest level up is going to be to plant the seed that you aren't sure about her yet and have other prospects.

This means to avoid giving her any closure following the first date. Don't make plans for a second date on the first one, don't text her to make sure she got in ok at the end of the night, and don't text her the next day to thank her for a nice time. Wait at least a couple of days, unless she contacts you first...and even then, show restraint. Her need for validation is going to be the key to getting her out with you again, so you need to make her feel that tension and uncertainty.

When you DO ask her out again, keep it short and sweet- don't try too hard to be witty and keep these dates SIMPLE. A man valued by many women will NOT bend over backwards trying to impress a girl he just met. Trying to impress her will send her running at this stage in the game.

In the event that she can not make the day you suggest and doesn't offer an alternate day, say nothing. Either wait for her to text you again, or wait a week and contact her.

If she cancels the second date abruptly, say nothing.

The common thread in these responses is to treat disinterest with amplified disinterest- meaning that you won't even offer her closure by saying, "sure, that ok." This is the only way you can demonstrate value in these situations.

I hate game playing, and it's a shame that two people that like each other can't just go out and be transparent with one another. Unfortunately, part of building a connection with a woman lies in having her feel insecure about your feelings towards her -- in the early stages, anyway. If you've had a string of (seemingly) great first dates, only to have the girl disappear afterwards, it is because you failed to leave room for doubt. You will have much better luck if you disappear for a bit immediately following the first date.
None of this BS is necessary if a girl really likes you.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
None of this BS is necessary if a girl really likes you.
Yep. In my experience there is NOTHING I can do that’s ever made a low interest girl become a medium or high interest girl. I can’t even make a medium interest girl become high interest. Usually I have to have a girl that’s high interest right off the bat (legit high interest, not just pretending to be in the beginning stages….there is a difference).

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep. In my experience there is NOTHING I can do that’s ever made a low interest girl become a medium or high interest girl. I can’t even make a medium interest girl become high interest
What are some of the differences in behavior between the low and medium interest females?

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are some of the differences in behavior between the low and medium interest females?
To be honest I’m having to completely re-learn women’s interest. I’ve been fooled so many times by women pretending to be high interest when they were really medium to low interest. I know for a fact that in my experience, low interest means she makes you wait to sleep with her. But she’s still fine going out and texting all the time, but she will flat out tell you she’s not trying to “jump into anything”. Medium interest women tend to come on fast and it dies just as fast. You won’t know she’s medium interest until a month goes by and if her whole attitude toward you changed out of nowhere then you know she was medium interest all along. I can’t make a woman who’s low interest become high interest, and I can’t make a woman who’s medium interest become high interest. I just can’t. I’ve tried. If a girl starts out high interest with me she will remain high interest for awhile.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So taking her to breakfast after you spend the night completely defiling her. Is that considered a second date? Asking for a friend.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
To be honest I’m having to completely re-learn women’s interest. I’ve been fooled so many times by women pretending to be high interest when they were really medium to low interest. I know for a fact that in my experience, low interest means she makes you wait to sleep with her. But she’s still fine going out and texting all the time, but she will flat out tell you she’s not trying to “jump into anything”. Medium interest women tend to come on fast and it dies just as fast. You won’t know she’s medium interest until a month goes by and if her whole attitude toward you changed out of nowhere then you know she was medium interest all along. I can’t make a woman who’s low interest become high interest, and I can’t make a woman who’s medium interest become high interest. I just can’t. I’ve tried. If a girl starts out high interest with me she will remain high interest for awhile.
That's the issue, you got some women that are super clingy at the start and it seems like crazy high interest and one day it suddenly all dissapears.

I think that high interest comes from them projecting a highly idealised version onto you. When you don't meet that unrealistic expectation they lose all interest.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's the issue, you got some women that are super clingy at the start and it seems like crazy high interest and one day it suddenly all dissapears.

I think that high interest comes from them projecting a highly idealised version onto you. When you don't meet that unrealistic expectation they lose all interest.
Sounds like their problem not mine