How to handle *****iness?

Pimpster

Don Juan
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I have been together for 4 months. She's becoming a big ***** lately and i'm not sure how to handle it. Its more of rude comments than anything.
On one hand, i think i should be a man, and not tolerate her *****iness. I'm not going to leave her, but i feel she should know that i'm mad.
On the other hand, i feel i should be a DJ and not be effected by her words. Even though i am. That i should just make it seem like it didn't effect me.
So guys, what side should i take? how should i handle this situation?
thanks

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Any time she behaves like a b!tch, withdraw for a while. Just kind of disappear. If her behavior isn't worthy of your company, then don't give it to her. (If she doesn't behave, she gets no lollipop :D )

b's nuts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is true, definately the best way to go is to just withdraw. I did this yesterday actually, my gf told me to shut up, so thats just what i did. I didn't say anything to her, and it really pissed her off, so I went up in my room and just laid on my bed and then smoked a cigarette, she came upstairs after 10 minutes almost crying. If there is something you don't like, don't put up with it, that way she will know not to do it again and you won't have to put up with it again later.

Reaction score
1. You need to be as your screen name implys and stand the f*uck up. No byatch is to be tolerated.

2. Work on your verbal skills. You want to master the moment without anger but with management.

3. example:

bytch: Got da*mmit pimp why the f*uck are you always doing that
Pimp: Excuse me (getting very cold and serious) (pause) did you (accent the you) just cuss at me. If you want to talk to me about something then approach me as an adult. Until then we have nothing to say you feel my!

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4 months did you say?

The facade she put up to make herself attractive to you is starting to come down. You may be starting to see the real 'her' now that she is becoming comfortable around you.

If you don't like her behaviour then you'll need to sort it out soon, because it will only get worse.

Normally I would expect the rose coloured glasses of a new relationship to stay on for at least 6 months. If I start seeing major personality flaws in a girl within that time... big alarm bells!

Being a DJ doesn't mean always taking **** from someone and excusing it by telling yourself that "you are above that petty cr@p", especially not in any sort of LTR (or potential LTR).

Gold Heart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
where everyone seems to need social acceptance in
if you don't like it then don't bother. she is lucky enough to be with a man like you. when the girl shows some slack, start showing her you don't tolerate it.

go and start finding new prospects. as long as you're not kissing or boning your prospects or telling them you want to be with them, you're not cheating. she'll eventually find out and whip back into shape. if she doesn't it just shows how much she likes you.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She is acting this way because of dropping IL. In the beginning, her IL in you was much higher, so she went out of her way and act decent around you. Now that her IL in your is dropping, she cares less and less and her real personality is staring to show threw. This happends quite often, been there done that. The only solution is a NEXT.

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree that the only solution is next. She's learning how to behave towards you. At the moment, what she's learning is that she can be a b*tch. So she's going to carry on doing that. You need to start standing up for yourself NOW to teach her that she needs to behave differently with you. Either by withdrawing from her, or by stating, calmly but solidly, that you won't be spoken to like that.

Yes, she is losing respect for you, but that's because you're taking her sh*t. It's a test, and it can be easily passed once you get over your own fears of telling her when she does something you don't like.

netman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going through the same shyt right now with my girl. Everytime she starts with her BS, I just withdraw from all conversation with her, or if it's over the phone, I'll just calmy tell her, "you know what, I'll talk to you tomorrow". She HATES when I do that, but it works!!!

It got so bad though about 2 weeks ago, that I told her that I wanted to break up. Since coming to this site, I've learned to show her that I'm the catch and that she's the lucky one to be with me. Anyhow, after we hung up, about an hour later she calls me back crying her eyes out about how she knows she has an anger problem and that she knows she has to change. She hasn't given me any shyt since. Let's see how long that lasts...

chlywly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lmao! good men :) don't take their ****, but be respectful.

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pimpster
My girlfriend and I have been together for 4 months. She's becoming a big ***** lately .... Its more of rude comments than anything.

This could be a couple of things.

It could be that her good behavior is going and you're seeing the real person underneath. This was stated above.

It could be that she is seeing what kind of bad behavior she can get away with and whether you've balls enough to handle her--in effect, like a child, they want you to take control and set the rules. I know a lot of young guys are not used to asserting themselves and defining how others should treat them. If you, like I was once, are quiet and don't say much (because you expect decent behavior as a base-line behavior)--she'll see this as non-responsive behavior from you and will push for a reaction--she'll force you to define the limits so that she'll get to see what you think and feel about the relationship and her. The worst thing you can do is not react and let the behavior continue--she'll continue to lose IL and respect for you.

Or it could be that she's found someone else but hasn't quite "landed" him yet. Or she wants out and doesn't want to take the blame for it. So she starts being bytchy and picking fights in prep for her saying "you know, it's just not working out, LJBF..."

I'm not going to leave her, but i feel she should know that i'm mad.

You need to think this part through. I suppose you have already. I'm not saying you should consider next'ing her at every provocation, but I'd suggest you be a bit more flexible on this point. If this bytchiness continues as is, will you still hang around??? If this bytchiness is really who she is, will you stay with someone like that? If she gets the sense that you are here and have no other options, she may not take seriously anything you do to get her back into line.

If you do know you can and will leave (yes--that you can next her next week if you have to, even if that means chucking her out the door and going without a GF for a long time) she will pick up on it and listen to what you say. If she get's the sense you have few other options and will stay with her, she will get that you're desperate and won't really have to listen to you.

On the other hand, i feel i should be a DJ and not be effected by her words. Even though i am. That i should just make it seem like it didn't effect me....

It isn't that you shouldn't be affected by her words, it's that you will not be all that affected when you see past the histrionics and see what her behavior is and where it's coming from. You're doing the right thing by stepping back and seeing what it means. As for when she pulls crap in the moment, you can easily bring attention to the inappropriateness of her behavior by saying "Excuse me?" in such way that says "Oh no no no! You DID NOT just tell me to..."--as in, what you just did is unacceptable and I will NOT take it. She has one chance to correct it or you tell her where she can get off, or you just get up and leave. One thing manipulative people (that includes bytchy people) understand is you leaving--some wise man said that.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bp1974
I disagree that the only solution is next. She's learning how to behave towards you. At the moment, what she's learning is that she can be a b*tch. So she's going to carry on doing that. You need to start standing up for yourself NOW to teach her that she needs to behave differently with you. Either by withdrawing from her, or by stating, calmly but solidly, that you won't be spoken to like that.

bp,
she is like a horse with a broken leg. A Lost Cause. Her true colors are starting to show, but more importantly, the IL is dropping like the stock market in 2001 and there is NOTHING, NOTHING to stop it. The only solution is a next. Trying to raise a quickly dropping IL is futile and takes way more time and effort, if possible, than its worth. Chalk it up to experience and NEXT her

Pimpster

Don Juan
Reaction score
From what i've learned i don't think NEXTing is the answer. My girlfriend is in love with me (or atleast says she is) and i know she'd do anything to not break up with me. Nexting to me is not an option for bytchiness. From what you guys have told me, I think the best is to either tell her it is was wrong. For ex the "Excuse me?" comment
Or, just leave, keep distance, make her miss you and regret what she did. Being a man and a DJ at the same time.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Withdraw, however make SURE she knows why you are withdrawn. Seriously girls are dumb like this, they can never work out exactly what they have done wrong. Especially when it is *****iness, usually caused because she is unhappy with her life or because she doesnt love u that much. Remember the most important thing, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. If she is saying she loves you it doesnt meant sh*t, if on the other hand she is being a btich to u!!

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good advice..

you need to stand up and say "I dont know about other people and what they say about your $hitty attitude/disrespect, but I wont TOLERATE it!"

then walk away and withdraw

you have to communicate your disapproval..then punish her..DONT GIVE in until she apologizes with a BJ ..

ya gotta stand your ground..and dont let this type of behavior to escalate to higher frequency

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No excuses--common decency is common decency.

Besides, she will likely use "PMS" for justifying all sorts of bad behavior. You'll probably find her PMS'ing 3 times a month.

MacdaddyJr

Don Juan
Reaction score
I once had a girl who after five months who finally showed her colors and became ultra-b*tchy. I put up with it because she was going to college and our relationship was going to end. Well she kept getting worse, and purposely, and it seemed to me she tried to make me break up with her. But I loved her. We had a big fight and I threatened to end it and I thought I did. She came by my house the very next day and put this card in my mailbox telling me how she loves me and how she realizes what a ***** she has been being. The card was so touching that I bursted into tears while reading it because things weren't going well and I really did love her and wanted to spend quality time with her the last week before she would dissappear as my gf. And I thought she realized how she was treating me. What an AFC I was!!

Well, We went out and she couldn't even try to have a good time and she blamed me. I mean, I was happy and having a fun time and she is completely cold. I told her that I want to enjoy the last week together, I'm sorry your sorry lets make up. She told me it wasn't working and thats when I got the LJBF line. It hated that stupid biatch for playing with my love for her and then throwing me away like someone she just met. We had a serious relationship and I was their for her for so many things, likewise with me. But I realized that stuff doesn't mean nothing!

She treated me like sh*t and I was getting dumped!! F*ck that, I won't allow another biatch do that to me again. Because of that I don't take sh*t anymore and women learn to be nice or I won't stay around.

chicago#one

Don Juan
Reaction score
here's the deal

Talk to her about it, be on point, direct, and respectful. If she gives you any shyt, don't get pissed; tell her that you need your space and split. Done deal. Don't let anyone treat you like crap.