Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to go NC when you have a kid?

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, it was so much easier in my younger days... if a ***** did me wrong, I just went NC immediately, and I was over it within a week or so... but with my baby mama I am forced to stay in contact with her because of the daughter we have together. I've been pretty good for the most, only keeping the conversations strictly around our daughter, never about "us", however I did slip up one night when I was drunk and she texted me and I ended up banging her (the got the clap, yay)... I really wish I could just NC for good. I'm in no position to take on my daughter full time, our joint custody arrangement is fine... but I am literally forced to talk to her and see her anytime I want to see my daughter. How do I got about this NC guys? What's even worse is when she calls my phone then immediately hands it to my 3 year old and starts talking wanting to come over, which is fine, but then I find out she is going out partying and being a ho.... I love my daughter, and I shouldn't care what my ex is doing... but the whole "watch my kid so I can go be a slut" thing just doesn't sit well with me... maybe there is still feelings there, and I am slightly jealous.. which is why I really need to go NC, but it's not %100 NC, and I believe it's why feelings are still there, and why I slipped up... I just don't know what to do. I wish there was an "off switch" in my brain. I mean, we keep the meetings casual, about the kids, and all that... but I am literally forced to see her and it just brings up a range of emotions at times I can't control.

For all the mature guys here with kids who are forced to see their exes, how do you deal?

Thanks

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep all talk to the kids only. Be polite, but very short. Keep it to texts if you can. My exwife and I get along fairly well, although she has been reaching out more now that she found out my exgf and I broke up. We have young kids, so we see each other quite a bit at birthday parties or random events. Just keep your distance...

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro I get it. And I probably wouldn't care as much if there wasn't my kid involved.. but she's just doing a bunch of stupid **** right now.. blowing all her money on weed and partying, then has the balls to ask me to cover her for Xmas.. my daughter isn't stupid, she may be 3, but she gets it, and she already feels the neglect because she gets separation anxiety with me because her mom would rather smoker her brains out and talk on the phone for hours.. it just pisses me the **** off man. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and I know my daughter is seeing all this, and thinks it's ok behavior... I realize one day she will be old enough to connect the dots herself one day, but she is still young and impressionable, so I'm not going to lie, it does piss me off.. but I can't express this to her mom without looking like a blue pilled beta *******, nor would she even listen to me anyway.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro I get it. And I probably wouldn't care as much if there wasn't my kid involved.. but she's just doing a bunch of stupid **** right now.. blowing all her money on weed and partying, then has the balls to ask me to cover her for Xmas.. my daughter isn't stupid, she may be 3, but she gets it, and she already feels the neglect because she gets separation anxiety with me because her mom would rather smoker her brains out and talk on the phone for hours.. it just pisses me the **** off man. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and I know my daughter is seeing all this, and thinks it's ok behavior... I realize one day she will be old enough to connect the dots herself one day, but she is still young and impressionable, so I'm not going to lie, it does piss me off.. but I can't express this to her mom without looking like a blue pilled beta *******, nor would she even listen to me anyway.
If my ex did any of that, I would fight for more custody. Especially if you can show how it is affecting the child.

Jason887

Reaction score
I lost my job and my wife dumped me. No funds to leave. I sleep in my daughters old bed in the basement. It could be worse brotha.