How to get the same soreness from leg days when doing chest

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When i do legs, i do four exercises and I go home sore like a mofo. But in a nice way. It slightly hurts, but manageable.

But when I do chest I never feel the same soreness although I do more (six exercises).

I can't do more weight for my chest I am on my limit for this 12 x 4 set . Any advice?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take shallower breaths during the chest exercises. Depletion of oxygen will make your chest muscles hurt.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When i do legs, i do four exercises and I go home sore like a mofo. But in a nice way. It slightly hurts, but manageable.

But when I do chest I never feel the same soreness although I do more (six exercises).

I can't do more weight for my chest I am on my limit for this 12 x 4 set . Any advice?
Go heavier, keep the reps from 6-10, but the last ones have to be pushing near failure.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Soreness is not the same as growth.

Incline DB Bench or Converging Incline Machine Press
Cable Flye or Peck Deck
then
Close Grip Bench or Dips.

2-3 sets each, every set to failure (unable to complete another rep).

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
When you grip the bar pretend as of you are squeezing your hands together while doing it. It activates more of your chest muscles fibers as you are actively engaging them during the entire process.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would you want soreness? DOMS is not a “goal” that signifies anything. It only makes you less likely to train again.

To answer your question, if you want chest soreness just increase volume of work. Go do five sets of 10-12 reps of barbell bench press at 60% or higher of 1RM. You will be plenty sore.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Soreness is not the same as growth.

Incline DB Bench or Converging Incline Machine Press
Cable Flye or Peck Deck
then
Close Grip Bench or Dips.

2-3 sets each, every set to failure (unable to complete another rep).

Why would you want soreness? DOMS is not a “goal” that signifies anything. It only makes you less likely to train again.

To answer your question, if you want chest soreness just increase volume of work. Go do five sets of 10-12 reps of barbell bench press at 60% or higher of 1RM. You will be plenty sore.
Good question...I am quite the noob when it comes to weightlifting. I heard in a video that if you don't get sore you're not going hard enough. And man..leg day is sending me home almost limping ( joke) . So I assumed that it was an indication of "progress ". Arms is also lighting me up. Thus wondering if I shouldn't feel the same when doing chest.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good question...I am quite the noob when it comes to weightlifting. I heard in a video that if you don't get sore you're not going hard enough. And man..leg day is sending me home almost limping ( joke) . So I assumed that it was an indication of "progress ". Arms is also lighting me up. Thus wondering if I shouldn't feel the same when doing chest.
Fair enough. Muscle soreness is not a good thing. Progress, aka lifting more on the bar, can happen without getting sore. You should focus on a competing a planned strength program and track your progress each work out. Don’t worry about getting sore.

What are your goals?
Are you natty?

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most gym advice you'll find is absolute garbage. Even here, most gym advice I've found to be subpar at best.

Focus on your big lifts, they will add the must muscle and get you strong.

Beat the logbook. Do more weight than last time, 5lbs per lift is fine. I like Phraks Greyskull LP most for fastest, safest strength/size gains.

If you're getting stronger, you're getting bigger.

Prioritize protein intake. It's best done through diet alone, but a protein shake can help in a pinch.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm the type of person, I don't use the gym necessarily to be fit, it's a great goal but my goal is to help manage my mental health, with that being said you have your good and bad days, on bad days I typically overdo it in the gym, on really bad days I might even go twice in a single day. I don't do this anymore but I did at one point.

If your doing this for growth, there are better ways as others have said, if your going to help manage your brain then you may want to join a league or something if your looking for that freedom and clarity you get from exerting yourself heavily.

You sound like your on the road to an injury.

BuckMasterFlex

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your gonna want to super set.

maybe 8 to 10 on the compound lift and 15 to 20 on the fly.

Flat bench bar to pec deck flyes

Incline dumbbells to to incline dumbell flyes

Decline bar press to cable flyes or weighted dips depending on strength

Push ups on dumbells at the end to absolute failure 3 sets

Report back

I gotta give back once and a while. But I feel like this site has become a place for incels and not natural poon wranglers as of late. ****ing sites info from years back is the golden stuff.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Most gym advice you'll find is absolute garbage. Even here, most gym advice I've found to be subpar at best.

Focus on your big lifts, they will add the must muscle and get you strong.

Beat the logbook. Do more weight than last time, 5lbs per lift is fine. I like Phraks Greyskull LP most for fastest, safest strength/size gains.

If you're getting stronger, you're getting bigger.

Prioritize protein intake. It's best done through diet alone, but a protein shake can help in a pinch.
If he is trying to grow muscle, he should be prioritizing carb intake.

Protein is more important when losing weight to maintain lean body mass. Intake of protein when trying to add muscle simply needs to be adequate but carbs are more important overall.

The amount of protein able to be synthesized is the rate limiting step in muscle growth unless taking something that overrides this such as steroids.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Report back

I gotta give back once and a while. But I feel like this site has become a place for incels and not natural poon wranglers as of late. ****ing sites info from years back is the golden stuff.
Weighted dips >>>> pushups

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If he is trying to grow muscle, he should be prioritizing carb intake.

Protein is more important when losing weight to maintain lean body mass. Intake of protein when trying to add muscle simply needs to be adequate but carbs are more important overall.

The amount of protein able to be synthesized is the rate limiting step in muscle growth unless taking something that overrides this such as steroids.
His protein intake should be the same whether cutting or bulking. Most gym newbies don't have a problem getting in carbs, frankly because they eat like a normal American. Getting 200g protein in every day - is a very large diet change for most.

I agree with everything you said, just that a non-gymgoer's protein intake is probably insufficient.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
His protein intake should be the same whether cutting or bulking. Most gym newbies don't have a problem getting in carbs, frankly because they eat like a normal American. Getting 200g protein in every day - is a very large diet change for most.

I agree with everything you said, just that a non-gymgoer's protein intake is probably insufficient.
Fair enough...I guess I never really thought about it in terms of what a typical diet would be like but that's likely true.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fair enough. Muscle soreness is not a good thing. Progress, aka lifting more on the bar, can happen without getting sore. You should focus on a competing a planned strength program and track your progress each work out. Don’t worry about getting sore.

What are your goals?
Are you natty?
100% natty and I am not gonna change that.

I am always the 10% who can't handle shyte so I'm taking no chances.

I am a former kickboxer so I'm kinda lean 1.84 cm (6.1?) and 82 kilos. I wanna get bigger but without the bloated stomach.

I am extremely careful about injuries tho.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm the type of person, I don't use the gym necessarily to be fit, it's a great goal but my goal is to help manage my mental health, with that being said you have your good and bad days, on bad days I typically overdo it in the gym, on really bad days I might even go twice in a single day. I don't do this anymore but I did at one point.

If your doing this for growth, there are better ways as others have said, if your going to help manage your brain then you may want to join a league or something if your looking for that freedom and clarity you get from exerting yourself heavily.

You sound like your on the road to an injury.
Oke thanks for the input. Why you think I am on the road to injury?

Yeah ,joining a competition would be GREAT for me ! I am competitive and it is a miracle I dropped the ego lifting and dailed all the amount of weight back in order to sets of 12 x 4 , push pull leg twice a week = 6 trainings. I also do abs workout occasionally.

On top of that I am teaching boxing.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Report back

Unfortunately inceldom is a direct reflection of society. I dont even wanna count the amount of men I think that are "silent incels".

Most men also refuse to work on themselves, and the gym is just one big one they avoid like the plague.

The most difficult thing about this gym journey seems to pick the right program. I am on this PPL program for 5 weeks now ( before I was just "gym bro-ing") and the gym owner who gave it to me said do this for 8 weeks. It does make more buff already

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think you can properly do more than 2 compound exercises for chest in a training session. Just doing weighted dips (2 warm-up sets, then 3 sets with enough weight for 8-10reps/set) alone should suffice and elicit soreness next day ... for a natural, 40yrs old guy.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I don't think you can properly do more than 2 compound exercises for chest in a training session. Just doing weighted dips (2 warm-up sets, then 3 sets with enough weight for 8-10reps/set) alone should suffice and elicit soreness next day ... for a natural, 40yrs old guy.
I'd trade out bench for dips personally. Bench always gave my shoulders problems and it wasn't form related, I have some weird physiological issue that causes issues when using a bar. DBs were fine and I used to do decline since that was also fine.