"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

How to get that feeling when you had a few drinks even when you're sober?

RestUnknown

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 21, 2016
Messages
144
Reaction score
20
Age
37
I'm quite sure that the most succesfull people on this earth have this confidence that I get when I had a few drinks.

For example, I don't care what I say or do when I had a few. Don't get me wrong, I'm still responsible and respect others and have decent conversations. But I just say what I want, I do what I want and I don't care what the outcome is. Until I get sober and then it is "fvck what did I do", even though afterwards I realize it's not bad at all what I did and said. In fact, like I said, it's how I think I should behave every single time.

But I guess this is just a lack of self-esteem? I had the best results when I was slightly drunk, I'm still able to fully control myself , but this feeling that "yes this is who I really am/want to be". This is what I need all the time. But I can't seem to achieve it.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Joined
Nov 17, 2019
Messages
1,863
Reaction score
1,221
I'm quite sure that the most succesfull people on this earth have this confidence that I get when I had a few drinks.

For example, I don't care what I say or do when I had a few. Don't get me wrong, I'm still responsible and respect others and have decent conversations. But I just say what I want, I do what I want and I don't care what the outcome is. Until I get sober and then it is "fvck what did I do", even though afterwards I realize it's not bad at all what I did and said. In fact, like I said, it's how I think I should behave every single time.

But I guess this is just a lack of self-esteem? I had the best results when I was slightly drunk, I'm still able to fully control myself , but this feeling that "yes this is who I really am/want to be". This is what I need all the time. But I can't seem to achieve it.
there's a Jim Carrey movie called 'yes man' or a similar title.
The idea is he makes up his mind to say yes to new opportunities that he would have automatically said no to before.

Don't do this.

Instead, imagine this movie was 'honest man'.

Getting that same carefree, almost reckless drunk feeling is doable by becoming 'honest man'. One ends up feeling free to say and do what they want and its accepted....not because they were tipsy when they said or did it but because...."well, at least he's honest about it"

This is abstract. I'll come back to this thread to write more later.
 
Top