"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

How to do deal with HB's high expectations?

WatchMeWalk

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 17, 2003
Messages
353
Reaction score
0
Location
Brooklyn
Hi everybody! It's been a long time since I asked for help here but I need it now big-time.

I've been hanging out with a Thai HB9. We share a couple of film classes and have a lot in common. Problem is that the possibility of an LTR is bleak because I'm Jewish and my family has very strong (but justified) issues against assimilation. If she wasn't oriental and I had my own pad dating her wouldn't be so problematic.
We haven't started officially dating yet but I know that all I have to do is say the word. She shows all the starry-eyed signs of infatuation. She's even been concocting excuses for us to spend more time together in a platonic pretence. Should I just step up to the plate and tell her frankly that an LTR would just cause too much drama in my household or should I be more subtle?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2003
Messages
1,677
Reaction score
3
Age
44
Location
In the C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh!
That is different then the title implies...

Why do you have to introduce this girl to your parents?
 

Rallfus

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2003
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Don't put the cart in front of the carrage. Ask her out, if she says yes, you go out. If she says no, problem with parents is solved.

Don't start thinking way ahead, that's how you sabotage your DJing.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Ralfus got it right.

I guess your only option in life is jewish women, if you follow your parents dictates. This narrows your 'playing' field dramaticallly.

You should bring a Islamic Black girl home and shock your parents into having a heart attack and then you will no longer have to worry about meeting their expectations!! :D

This is something I would do - but you are not me!
 

WatchMeWalk

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 17, 2003
Messages
353
Reaction score
0
Location
Brooklyn
All the jewish girls I've dated have invariably proved to be self-absorbed primadonnas who treated life like a popularity contest
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

captn caveman

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 10, 2003
Messages
151
Reaction score
1
Location
Finland
Originally posted by Rallfus
Don't start thinking way ahead, that's how you sabotage your DJing.
This maybe one of the top five sentences Iread in the forum..

Not just for this post, but for almost all problems,

This sentence is part of the solution!!
 

olderandwiser

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 23, 2003
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
North America
Widen your horizions -

Tired of JAPS?

Try PAPS


P_ersian
A_merican
P_rinceseS


or GAPS


G_reek
A_merican
P_rincesseS

:) LOL - They mess with your head too!

Try opening your mind. There has not been *pure* jewish people since the Roman legions smashed the hebrew sub-state
of the Roman Empire in 70AD and sold them into slavery of arabs, indians and germanic/celtic tribes.
 

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
501
Reaction score
0
Location
Georgia Tech
Originally posted by WatchMeWalk
All the jewish girls I've dated have invariably proved to be self-absorbed primadonnas who treated life like a popularity contest
LOL! That is my experience (although I only dated one jew (I'm not jewish myself), and while she wasn't BLATANTLY like you describe...when you get to know her and then step back and look- yeah that's her).

Realize that this has nothing to do with your parents. It's about you- don't settle for a girl you don't really like just b/c she pleases your parents.

I say go for it- you obviously dig her. It's not like you're going to marry her just b/c you date her- and if you two wind up really falling in love then I don't think you'll care about your parent's desire for the ethnical purity of their grandchildren. And I'll bet you if they see their son is happy with this girl, they'll get over it.

A woman like this is a rare opportunity. Even for a happening, top-of-his-game guy, a worthy chick who is really interested is pretty rare when you consider the hundreds of rejections he faces. Don't pass it up for something you yourself don't believe in.

Hope that helped- E-Z
 

ToP DoN

Banned
Joined
Aug 25, 2003
Messages
180
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Location
San Francisco
If you cant be with her on a LTR

then why dont u just be with her on a short term basis...you barely know the girl and already want a long term relatonship? just date her and hit it and if you hit it off then all good...but to worry about ehr meeting your parents now? its too early...
 

MR_PERFECT

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 6, 2001
Messages
456
Reaction score
4
Location
CA
If you need your parents approval you are not yet a man. I don't think you deserve her.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Top