Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to deal with an Overbearing Boss?

Chuck Taylor

Banned
Reaction score
You know, the boss who's a pain in the *ss. He/she is always looking over your shoulder for no reason, breathing down your neck, etc.

How do you handle this type of boss?

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anticipate his micro management and beat him tot the punch. Interrupt him before he can finish asking you about some projects status. Repeatedly tell him "Relax,I've got this," and PROVE IT. Then do it better than he expects. Find some aspect of your job you do better than him and just throw it in his face, over and over...

Basically be so good he can't question your results.

Chuck Taylor

Banned
Reaction score
Anticipate his micro management and beat him tot the punch. Interrupt him before he can finish asking you about some projects status. Repeatedly tell him "Relax,I've got this," and PROVE IT. Then do it better than he expects. Find some aspect of your job you do better than him and just throw it in his face, over and over...

Basically be so good he can't question your results.
He's a miserable prick. He's constantly telling me and others how he just doesn't trust anyone anymore, because he's 'been burned in the past.'

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Never going to get better...you will have to deal with unneeded stress in your life and will end up hating your job eventually.

Go find a new one. It's often been said, employees don't quit their job, they quit their boss and it's definitely true.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You handle this boss by Moving Out On Day Yesterday. Don't be moody, move on.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Bosses have favorites and umm the opposite of favorites.

If you’re not his/her favorite or at least in the say top 3 of their favorites, it’s gonna be very tough for you.

Winning them over is like trying to win over a chick. They either like you or they don’t.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll respond as one of the overbearing bosses. I think it would help to get my perspective.

I've been reporting to bosses for many years and the last 4 years or so, i've been managing teams of 6-10+ people from all over the world.

--

For me, i don't dislike anyone on my team just because i don't like them. I've personally hired every single person on my teams so i wouldn't hire you if i didn't like you.

What I do judge people off of is their work ethic and performance. If you are lazy, I obviously will be ticked off but I will accept it if you are performing. I hope for top tier performance from everyone but not everyone is that motivated or able to achieve top tier results. I do try and weed out laziness during the interview process when I see it but it's not always possible.

Employees that lie and make up bullsh1t will definitely lose my trust. Lazy employees lose my support. Employees who don't complete their tasks in a timely manner also get dinged in my book.

This is mainly because I'm an overachiever. I don't like to lose and didn't get to my position for being lazy and not doing work. When you bring my team down, it creates more work for me. I have a few lazy people on my team that really don't add any value. I end up having to do their work to reach our overall team goals. Gives me more work and also put the people in bad positions bad reviews. Hurt them and hurts me. When an employee tells me it's not possible, i go out there and do it myself to show them that it is and I show them how I did it to address their objections.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know, the boss who's a pain in the *ss. He/she is always looking over your shoulder for no reason, breathing down your neck, etc.

New employment, side hustle, start a biz. The sec you acquire that you quit effective immediately. If they ask why you charge them for that info and your time.

Keep moving. Every man's part time job should be securing employment or building a biz or side hustle.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Violence. Alternatively get a new job and cuss him out.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's ridiculous for a manager who makes more, to expect their employees to work as hard as them. Just because they're willing to work to the bone for 50k more per year doesn't mean I'm willing to work to the bone for what I make. Offer me another 50k I'll work just as hard.