Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How to command presence if youre young?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's interesting. So what went wrong with all the other professions in your region?
Nothing. Young men just haven’t accomplished anything yet. Man’s value increases with age. Man acquires skill, competency, and wisdom through experience. You don’t see 25 year old fortune-500 CEOs or Presidents for a reason.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't look or act like one. You can still be young and be mature and hold a frame.

Body posture is important. Hold your back straight, as if you wanted to be taller. Good body posture translates into confidence and respect.

Dress well. You don't need to wear a suit and tie but wear clothes appropriate to your body. If you have a budget for apparel then use it towards companies like Stich that can give you ideas of good styles. Or even simply follow Instagram accounts with fashion tips and just buy clothes from cheap places that can mimic those styles. Eventually, you'll find your style.

Take care of your hair and skin. If you are young that probably means acne, so make sure to start creating healthy skin routines. Cut your hair at a barber shop. A clean cut can make a big difference. And just like clothes, your hairstyle should fit your face shape.

But the biggest thing is mindset. Have an assertive and driven mindset. Alongside being a good conversationalist, mindset will by far create a strong presence for you. How you carry yourself, how you respect yourself, how you view yourself, and how you genuinely feel about yourself will be night and day when it comes to how others perceive you.

Hope this helps.

Modern Man Advice

The.Prodigy

Reaction score
For professional reasons (started my company when I was 17) I’ve been wearing suits on a daily basis up to the last two years (29 now).

I’ve noticed that this alone has scored me a lots of dates. (The suit + showing the confidence in wearing one at a young age). But always remember whatever you wear, the basic point is to match colors on different levels so your outfit makes sense, en is aesthetically pleasing.

To further emphasize Modern Man Advice’s points. Working out will automatically improve your posture and frame and will make you more noticeable. Besides fitness, mma or a fighting sport is always a good addition. The confidence you will gain knowing another guy can’t wipe the floor with you, will make you less situationally timid or careful of being your total self in a public environment with other confident male strangers. (Don’t turn into a douche)

And indeed your mindset, having confidence in yourself. Direct communication and having an ambitious approach is never a bad thing.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Firm handshake and eye contact. Good posture. Actions over words.

Get a mentor who is invested in your success. Let them beat your drum.

Give credit to your mentors and trail blazers. Acknowledge their contributions to the field. It becomes a "Mutual Admiration Society"

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Young men being immature is a stereotype for a reason.

If you're acting in a mature manner, you're already ahead of almost everyone in your age group, and as such you will automatically command respect.

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Young men being immature is a stereotype for a reason.

If you're acting in a mature manner, you're already ahead of almost everyone in your age group, and as such you will automatically command respect.
Yes and no. Being a little bit of a troublemaker gains you a lot of sympathy. People like a someone that thinks outside the box and isnt afraid to have fun.

Just be cool, freindly, and above all self-confident and prideful. I often see a young kid I respect cause he just gives off cool and confident vibes. Think of the charachters of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn.

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
workout till you sweat tears of blood. box atleast twice a week. Stand up straight and always keep solid eye contact. Speak up and stand your ground. Keep your head on a swivel. Someone mentioned a clean cut. Hit up the barber shop. Get a fade on the sides and slick your hair back. Grow some stubble. Wear a watch. A growing man has to know what time it is.
Carry yourself like the judge is watching.
Be woke. You got this handled young homie.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing. Young men just haven’t accomplished anything yet. Man’s value increases with age. Man acquires skill, competency, and wisdom through experience. You don’t see 25 year old fortune-500 CEOs or Presidents for a reason.
Mark Zuckerberg turned 25 in May 2009. Between May 2009-May 2010 (while Zuckerberg was 25), Facebook was a strong company. Facebook was much more of a thing in 2009-2010 than it is today, where it is now just a place for old people to rant. Fall 2006 was when Facebook opened to non-college students.

Zuckerberg is an outlier though.

Get a hot young girlfreind.
Commanding presence will help in getting a young girlfriend. @ezio6 is 32, which is old enough to start getting respect for accomplishments.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mark Zuckerberg turned 25 in May 2009. Between May 2009-May 2010 (while Zuckerberg was 25), Facebook was a strong company. Facebook was much more of a thing in 2009-2010 than it is today, where it is now just a place for old people to rant. Fall 2006 was when Facebook opened to non-college students.

Zuckerberg is an outlier though.
Jesus Christ man. Mark Zuckerberg is the extremist of outliers. Why even bring this up?

Men, exceptions do not make the rule.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don’t see 25 year old fortune-500 CEOs or Presidents for a reason.
Men, exceptions do not make the rule.

Average age of a Fortune 500 CEO is 57. No idea what the median is but it is likely within a few years of that.

Average age for an incoming CEO to a company traded in the S&P 500 is 54.6 years old as of 2021.

In business, most who reach executive management level reach it after age 40. This is for all companies, including the smaller ones not publicly traded on a stock exchange.

It's possibe for someone to get a lower to mid-level managerial role between 30-44. First time managers are often in their 30s. Managers and Directors are usually in their 30s and 40s, but is the typically below executive management in most companies.

Serenity

Reaction score
There were a few old guys at my workplace who didn't respect me in my early 20's. The most important part is to be deserving of respect in the first place, get good at what you do and don't give anyone a reason not to respect you. Still some guys won't respect you merely for your age, even if you're very competent, that's when you simply demand respect by respecting yourself and not taking any sh!t.

One coworker was really disrespectful towards me, merely because I was a lot younger. It clearly wasn't because I didn't deserve respect, he was just an entitled prick and he's even less competent than me. So whenever he tried pushing me around I just ignored him and did it my way. One day he got really pissed at me, I refused to argue with him, kept my cool and ignored his whining, I did not buckle. He hated me for at least a couple of months, but he came around eventually and figured out I respond a lot better when I'm given respect.

So don't let yourself be pushed around, don't respond to immature behavior from older people. If they want you to do anything they better show you some respect and deserve your assistance.

Some people will simply recognize that you deserve respect and give it, others you'll have to demand it from and for that you'll need to respect yourself.

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Commanding presence will help in getting a young girlfriend. @ezio6 is 32, which is old enough to start getting respect for accomplishments.
32!!! Jesus. This guy isn't young. You do not need acomplishments to command respect. Simply carry yourself well.

ezio6

Don Juan
Reaction score
There were a few old guys at my workplace who didn't respect me in my early 20's. The most important part is to be deserving of respect in the first place, get good at what you do and don't give anyone a reason not to respect you. Still some guys won't respect you merely for your age, even if you're very competent, that's when you simply demand respect by respecting yourself and not taking any sh!t.

One coworker was really disrespectful towards me, merely because I was a lot younger. It clearly wasn't because I didn't deserve respect, he was just an entitled prick and he's even less competent than me. So whenever he tried pushing me around I just ignored him and did it my way. One day he got really pissed at me, I refused to argue with him, kept my cool and ignored his whining, I did not buckle. He hated me for at least a couple of months, but he came around eventually and figured out I respond a lot better when I'm given respect.

So don't let yourself be pushed around, don't respond to immature behavior from older people. If they want you to do anything they better show you some respect and deserve your assistance.

Some people will simply recognize that you deserve respect and give it, others you'll have to demand it from and for that you'll need to respect yourself.
i agree, but sometimes old people just envy you because youre young and they wish they young again