Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How To Beat The Internet Dating Dudes

Anti-Dump

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Misconception #1.

A girl with one hundred replies to her internet ad will not give you her number at a wedding or party.

WRONG. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. If you seem like her type, she will give it to you.

You will be saving her from having to go through all those replies. Especially if she likes you.

Misconception #2.

The guys on the internet that sent her a reply get to date her FIRST. Even though you got her number in person at a friend's house.

WRONG. She will by-pass them all if you seem like someone she is interested in.

Misconception #3.

These guys that reply are like Krynnster. They are communication geniuses. Nobody can beat their powerful words.

WRONG! Nothing can beat looking into a woman's eyes and asking for her number.
There is no greater power. IF SHE THINKS YOU ARE HER TYPE.

AD

Ralfus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the best bits of advice I got from this forum was to shut off the computer and go out.

Ralfus

------------------
"I tried to think,But nothing happened!"- Curly Howard

Cecil

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't do Internet Dating for one simple reason. How the hell are you going to explain that to your friends and family that you meet a girl on the internet and still look respectable?

I have done this a few times and my friends always broke into tears laughing, well until they saw the girl, then they stop laughing and started drooling

But i think its better to go approach a girl in person, it makes things go much smoother and you don't have to worry about what she looks like or if she has any facial ticks you wouldn't know about if you approached her on the net.

In my humble opinion go for the girl in person, its better for you both socially and mentally.

-Cecil

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AD? Giving Advices on Internet Dating???
:Confused:

I'm Ghost
Peace Out
DZ

------------------
AZN THUGZ NEVER DIE!!! AZN THUGZ 4EVA ALIVE!!
Prepare yoself fer the KayZeez y'all!!!

Anti-Dump

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My point was you STILL have an ADVANTAGE in person.

The guys that have a tough time asking for the dreaded number are flocking to internet dating.

They think they have a better shot than the number asker. Or that they can beat him. Not true.

You are better off MASTERING asking for the number and JOINING the few, the proud, and those that can do it.

I am not against internet dating.

AD

Krynnster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AD,

This may surprise you... but I agree with everything you wrote
. The approach I was trying to present in my "guide" was to try to make the process of meeting through the Internet as short as possible and as similar to the "real world". I didn't say and I don't believe that Internet dating is a better way than going out and meeting women, but it is a resource that can be used very effectively, it does increase your opportunities to meet women and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it

Cecil,

If the only reason you don't go to the personals is that you have a hard time explaining it to your family and friends then... well... either you or your friends need to grow up
... no offense okay? Personally, I don't feel like I have to explain or justify my actions to anyone. I am in control of my own life and I can do whatever I want to do. If some people have a problem with things pertaining to my personal life - it's their problem and they will have to learn to cope

K.

------------------
Decent people don't use their signatures for promotional purposes. To learn more, visit my web site at http://krynnster.tripod.com .

[This message has been edited by Krynnster (edited 09-11-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Krynnster (edited 09-11-2000).]

Smitty

Banned
Reaction score
Great thread. AD is absolutely right. And Cecil didn't you tell me you met your girlfriend online? Well anyway I used to think just like Cecil and still do to some degree. To me meeting a girl off the internet was the most pathetic thing anyone could do. But then I did it and I became infatuated with a girl that I dated for over a year. I never told anyone the way we met though. Personally its ok to meet a girl whether its on the net or a night club as long as she is sane(I was not that fortunate) However If I met a girl from the internet, I would still deny it

Keymaster of Goza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Internet dating is an artform in itself that doesn't get enough coverage here.

I think BigBill did a post on it a while ago and I'm going to do some research on Krynster.

I think anyone who rules out the internet as an avenue for clocking up potential dates is closing down opportunites because of a narrow mind set.

There is a drop dead gorgeous 9.9 I know who met her boyfriend of two years over the internet so there are foxes out there ready for the taking. Happy hunting.

BigBill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I made a post on it

in the discussion forum a while back. It gives some good pointers to help you get started on making a standard letter that you fire off to whatever girls you are interested in and some other stuff that's cool.

The internet is changing the whole world. This site is a good example of how it's changing dating for the better by giving us guys a way to pool our resources and learn from eachother. I think its just a matter of time, maybe a couple of years, and there will be absolutely no stigma attached to meeting a girl online. Its just the direction things are going. People, including hot girls, are spending more and more time online. Why not meet them where they are?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
That "chain letter" comment reminds me of my time on matchmaker.com ! There were a couple of guys who sent me those kinds of letters. I had become the target of this wierd guy from Turkey who was being horribly pushy, so I removed that profile and put up another one a couple of weeks later. Those two guys sent me the exact same letter a second time that they sent me the first time, verbatum. The initial letters didn't grab my attention at all because they didn't even make a single reference to anything I had written in my profile. The second time I got them (same picture, mind you) I wrote back to both of them and told them they had sent me that same letter word for word previously and they might want to consider being a little more personal to improve their chances of success. Bottom line, I thought these guys were morons for writing to me twice with that letter in such a short period of time and obviously had sent out so many that they didn't recall sending me the first one. I blocked them both. There's nothing wrong with using a short introductory paragraph AND adding some comments to each individual person about things you read in their ad. Sticking to only a chain letter and sending it to everyone has it's disadvantages. I always wrote first to guys with funny profiles or something in common with me if I liked their picture. And I tried to answer each letter (even the 60 something year olds who wrote to me)because it's rude not to.

BigBill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WF...

I reccomend carefully crafting a letter that you will send out to all the women online. I know you disagree and you feel compelled to set me straight but I have had great success with my standard letter. In fact I get a reply rate of over 50% and I'm pretty sure that compares very favorably to almost any guy on the web. and why not? All I'm doing is what any guy ought to do on a first date or the first time he meets a girl. that is to present myself at my very best.

The advantages are...

You can easily track your success. The one I send out now has gone through 5 or 6 revisions. If I were to add something to it or take something out of it tomorrow, I could fire it off to 10 or 15 girls and see within a few days if the changes I made helped, or hurt.

Right now changing it isn't much of a priority because if I send it off to the 10 or 12 new profiles on Matchmaker that come up every month I already get more replies than I can really handle.

This brings me to the other major advantage. its quick. I go to the word file I keep it in, click select all, copy, and I can paste it into the text box of 30 or 40 girls in an hour. Very efficient.

The last thing is that this letter represents me at my true best. I'm not worrying about whether I'm saying the 'right' thing or obsessing about the girl and whether this sounds right or that might sound better. I send off my letter knowing that she's seeing the Best of BigBill and if she doesn't like it or think it's personal enough... fine. there are plenty more where she came from.

The only disadvantage is that yes, some chicks will change profiles and you mail it to the same girl twice. You know what?

I don't even care.

As long as my letter keeps reaching new girls, I will continue to get more numbers and dates. If it reaches some girls it already reached once, well, she is either screwing me by then and wont worry too much about it, or she wasn't interested anyway so no harm done to me, just a waste of the 30 seconds it took to peruse her profile and paste in my form letter.

Truth told those guys didnt have a chance with you anyhow did they?

The 'jerk' mentality tells us that its better to get what you want from 1 woman and have 99 others think you are a jerk, moron, ******* , idiot, creep, pervert or whatever, than to have all 100 think you are sensitive, caring, polite, and they all just KNOW you'll meet the right girl... someday.

The strategy you use in dating on the net is going to be way different than what a guy has to use. Just because those guys ddin't succeed with you doesn't mean they are losers. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they get a lot of action using their methods.

Here is my letter, how does it compare to theirs. You always have advice to give and I'm sure that whatever you say about it will be interesting if nothing else!

Hi <Girl's name>,

Your profile looks interesting. Not sure what you are looking for from the service or why you joined. Looks to me like quite a few women on this service are here to meet that tall, handsome, flamenco-dancing, sports car driving, lawyer or doctor who loves camping, hiking, rock climbing, motorcycling, water-skiing, sky diving, bunji jumping, rare coin collecting, and building houses for homeless people.

I guess many of these women feel that such a man is probably tired of shallow relationships with the supermodels and actresses that bother him constantly and so he’s here looking to meet a girl on the internet.

But you aren’t that shallow right? No, not you. You’re not stuck in fantasyland and neither am I.

If that made you smile send me a message. I may not have a yacht or make 6 figures but I’m damned entertaining, pretty interesting, and quite the handsome devil too when I get all decked out.

If it didn’t make you smile: sorry, You can go back to fantasyland now!

Ciao
Bill

PortugueseMeatball

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ralfus:
One of the best bits of advice I got from this forum was to shut off the computer and go out.

Ralfus

Quoting Groucho Marx:

"Television is a very educational tool. Every time someone switches on the TV on the living room, I go to my bedroom and read a book."

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From the archives....the perceptions around internet-based dating in 2000 and 2001 were interesting.

Misconception #1.

A girl with one hundred replies to her internet ad will not give you her number at a wedding or party.

WRONG. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. If you seem like her type, she will give it to you.

You will be saving her from having to go through all those replies. Especially if she likes you.
Even in 2000, men were flooding women's inboxes online. Now, it's the swipe queues and sliding into DMs on Instagram.

Misconception #2.

The guys on the internet that sent her a reply get to date her FIRST. Even though you got her number in person at a friend's house.

Misconception #3.

These guys that reply are like Krynnster. They are communication geniuses. Nobody can beat their powerful words.

In 2022, it is still true that nothing beats face-to-face time.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From the archives....the perceptions around internet-based dating in 2000 and 2001 were interesting.

Even in 2000, men were flooding women's inboxes online. Now, it's the swipe queues and sliding into DMs on Instagram.

In 2022, it is still true that nothing beats face-to-face time.
It was actually pretty good back in 2002 compared to today. I could more easily get dates with 7's then (who looked like their pics). Obviously I'm 20 years older but conversely, I get more IOI's walking around today (due to having game and a better vibe) than I did back then.

That being said, if I had game back then I wouldn't have resorted to online due to the low number of women using it. But it was considerably easier back then to get a 7+ woman's attention if she happened to be online dating. Matchmaker was the sh1t back then.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Misconception #1.

Misconception #2.

Misconception #3.

AD
Women do almost everything based on how they feel at a particular moment.

A guy writing to them on a dating site isn't go create the strong emotions that you can when you're right there with them

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women do almost everything based on how they feel at a particular moment.

A guy writing to them on a dating site isn't go create the strong emotions that you can when you're right there with them
That depends on how well you can engage their imagination

logicallefty

Reaction score
I've always looked at online dating as good entertainment and experience, nothing more. Great practice if you are young and don't have a lot of dating experience. Can potentially get you on a dates much quicker than going out sarging. The worst mistake I have seen made by myself in the past and many other guys is not having the right expectations when jumping into online dating. It's entertainment and experience, that's it!

SmoothSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the girls i met in real life from bars and day approach have been significantly hotter and higher value than any girl i have met online.

they were also higher interest, and held interest in me for longer, put more effort into chasing me, sh!t tested less, and saw me as alpha rather than a beta provider, and were more feminine.

its like once girls know u use the internet to find partners, they will always hold it against you in some subtle way. u will never be seen as a catch like the men from her real life, you will always be 'proving' yourself to her. the girls are also more likely to have personality issues, be lower smv etc

this isnt just a random observation. its a real trend. the hotter, younger and better women have been from approaches and the worst ones have been from online

online really only works if you are a 8/10 man looking to hook up with 4's-5's-6's, or for ageing women looking for a betabux provider

Last edited: