"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

how to be funny (and maybe ****y)

fillme

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
62
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Australia
Hi,

Can anyone recommed me a website or books on how to be funny & maybe ****y?

Thanksalot,
Fill.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

JoeBlack

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
179
Reaction score
0
Age
47
I think some of these are fairly natural talents, I would be weary of you going away and learning a load of jokes lol..

Personally I think that taking a few light hearted shots at a girl can be deemed as funny. However you gotta make it funny or it could be perceived as an insult lol Be a bit cheeky and funny and it should go down well.
 

evolvingnerd

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
Location
Brisbane, Australia
"being funny" can't actually be learnt
perhaps ingrained, via watchin lots of comical scenes
but i've found out i'm the master of comedy.....10 minute slater
when i'm dwelling ona situation, i find i can come up witht he best stuff...in the heat of the moment, i'm as dud as a dead potato
 

JoeBlack

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
179
Reaction score
0
Age
47
See I am fairly witty on the fly, which is quite a good thing I guess because I know I can get people laughing, especially in my friends group.

I find it a little harder when talking to a women though. I guess if I can do it with my friends, I should be able to do it with women.
 

#1 P.I.M.P.

Don Juan
Joined
May 16, 2004
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Trinidad & Tobago
Being funny has to do with yourself and being confident and comfortable in you skin and being able to see the humour in stuff. No body taught Jim Carry to be funnny Its somthing he leaned or realized in hiself the ability to see the humour, there can be humour in just about evrything In life and you just need to reaslze it. Humour comse from within just find youself first, don't try too hard, or you'll stick badly, practice humour with guys first If your more comfortable wit them, girls will laugh at most things guys do, and if they like you even more. The only thing they migh not laugh at is some obscene jokes guys are accustomed to, depending on the chick.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

phenom

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Example: I just used this today on text message with a girl whos been injured this week:

(Me) - You still hurting?
(Her) - Im getting better about to get in the shower good timing lol thx

(Me) - Now don't go fantasizing about me while in the shower I don't want you collapsing and hurting yourself again!!! hahahaha
(Her) - How did you guess?
(Me) - Im good like that

~The End~

I like to use inuendo but not overdo it. Usually I'm more subtle than this.
 

NRM

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
When you are confident enough in yourself, you can easily be ****y and confident. The funny part should be something that comes naturally as a carefree guy, who doesn't care what people think. So you're basically proud of who you are and don't give a damn about anyone else. The C+F should come naturally.

phenom gave a pretty good example. You can judge if it comes off as an insult or a joke by their reaction. If they play along with it, then it's going well. If they completely shut you down, then you're doing wrong and either your tone is wrong or you just aren't pulling it off very well.
 

phenom

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by evolvingnerd
"being funny" can't actually be learnt
perhaps ingrained, via watchin lots of comical scenes
but i've found out i'm the master of comedy.....10 minute slater
when i'm dwelling ona situation, i find i can come up witht he best stuff...in the heat of the moment, i'm as dud as a dead potato
Man, I hate that sh!t too. I guess it happens to the best of us though. When your face-to-face with an HB sometimes it's hard to find that quick, funny response and I just want to beat my head against the wall when 10 minutes later something truely magnificent comes to mind. I guess I'm a perfectionist when it comes to that sort of thing.:D
 

Phonenix DJ

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2004
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Space
Great

nrm said:

When you are confident enough in yourself, you can easily be ****y and confident. The funny part should be something that comes naturally as a carefree guy, who doesn't care what people think. So you're basically proud of who you are and don't give a damn about anyone else. The C+F should come naturally.
Thats the rule. When you wanna be funny, you need to think fast, analize the situation and DO or SAY something that turns that situation into something funny. Not to mention that you should not think about what others thinks or if they're gonna like it or not.

About being ****y, is more about feeling comfortable with yourself, and also not caring what others think of you. But becareful with that.
 
Top