"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

How to Be a Gentleman... But Not a Nice Guy

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 19, 2020
Messages
325
Reaction score
272
Age
29
Location
North Carolina, US
Everyone wants to be James Bond. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we’ve all imagined ourselves being calm, debonair, and, well, suave just like Agent 007. And he’s not the only one: there are many men throughout our culture who are known for being kind, polite, and charming to women.
But how does one achieve this level of standard without falling into the dreaded “Nice Guy” category?
Here are a few ways to do this.
1. Never insult other men.
Many men out there think that making other men look worse will increase their chances with a woman. But this is an alarm bell in a girl’s brain: this guy is mean. And not in a sexy “bad boy” way either. Have respect for your fellow human beings.
2. Stay away from “inappropriate” humor.
If you’ve noticed, every cool guy in the movies who seems to pick up women effortlessly never actually makes “sex” jokes. That is what the other characters on the screen are for. The main character is a charming man that all the ladies love: not a perv. These jokes can be funny occasionally, but they hurt your image more than they help it.
3. Have a sense of humor.
#2 being said, you do need to be funny. Always have a few jokes up your sleeves, but not too many. You don’t want to be that guy that just jokes around all the time, because you’re in danger of being friendzoned.
4. Be “Old-Fashioned”
Girls love an old-fashioned guy. On your first date, agree to not be casual, and wear a suit coat. It can be a blazer or a sports coat if you like, or a tux. But just look neat and nice. Also, hold every door for the girl (without being intrusive or creepy). Girls, for some reason, absolutely fall to pieces when you hold the car door open for them while they climb in. Something about it makes them want to fall into your arms.

Have confidence, because low levels of confidence are the sort of thing that will land you in the friendzone!
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
4,413
Reaction score
296
Location
UK
Great insights. I've been noticing the past few years that more women are attracted to and even turned on by gentlemanly behaviour. So many guys are playing bad boy or wannabe gangsta roles these days that it's losing its appeal and everyone can see right through it. Whereas class and charm are so rare in society today.
 

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2020
Messages
730
Reaction score
737
Age
67
I disagree with the Tux unless (she) invited you to an Ebony & Ivory affair. And please take me off your list of "everyone" wants to be James bond. I am calm polite and sometimes charming. But Suave and Debonair IMO can be cheesy. I can be a nice guy without being a Simp. I get your meaning pup, but don't speak for me, I can't do fake.
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
Everyone wants to be James Bond. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we’ve all imagined ourselves being calm, debonair, and, well, suave just like Agent 007. And he’s not the only one: there are many men throughout our culture who are known for being kind, polite, and charming to women.
But how does one achieve this level of standard without falling into the dreaded “Nice Guy” category?
Here are a few ways to do this.
1. Never insult other men.
Many men out there think that making other men look worse will increase their chances with a woman. But this is an alarm bell in a girl’s brain: this guy is mean. And not in a sexy “bad boy” way either. Have respect for your fellow human beings.
2. Stay away from “inappropriate” humor.
If you’ve noticed, every cool guy in the movies who seems to pick up women effortlessly never actually makes “sex” jokes. That is what the other characters on the screen are for. The main character is a charming man that all the ladies love: not a perv. These jokes can be funny occasionally, but they hurt your image more than they help it.
3. Have a sense of humor.
#2 being said, you do need to be funny. Always have a few jokes up your sleeves, but not too many. You don’t want to be that guy that just jokes around all the time, because you’re in danger of being friendzoned.
4. Be “Old-Fashioned”
Girls love an old-fashioned guy. On your first date, agree to not be casual, and wear a suit coat. It can be a blazer or a sports coat if you like, or a tux. But just look neat and nice. Also, hold every door for the girl (without being intrusive or creepy). Girls, for some reason, absolutely fall to pieces when you hold the car door open for them while they climb in. Something about it makes them want to fall into your arms.

Have confidence, because low levels of confidence are the sort of thing that will land you in the friendzone!
Welcome SnoopDog... 1 and 3 are solid. 2 and 4 are iffy and depends on what's considered inappropriate. On 4, I hold the door open for nearly anyone as it's common courtesy. Suit on a first date? No. Just no.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 19, 2020
Messages
325
Reaction score
272
Age
29
Location
North Carolina, US
I disagree with the Tux unless (she) invited you to an Ebony & Ivory affair. And please take me off your list of "everyone" wants to be James bond. I am calm polite and sometimes charming. But Suave and Debonair IMO can be cheesy. I can be a nice guy without being a Simp. I get your meaning pup, but don't speak for me, I can't do fake.
Hey, I understand, dude! I have never met a girl who didn’t like a gentleman, but I have met many guys who don’t like to be them: and lots of those guys are still chick magnets.
This post was just targeted towards that specific group of guys who like to be that sort of person.
P.S. the suit is hypothetical. I saw a lot of people reacting to it and no it’s not necessary. I was thinking of a specific time, when I went dancing on the first date, with sushi afterwards. But if you’re doing really anything less fancy than that, dress-up is not necessary.
 

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Messages
1,462
Reaction score
2,576
Everyone wants to be James Bond. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we’ve all imagined ourselves being calm, debonair, and, well, suave just like Agent 007. And he’s not the only one: there are many men throughout our culture who are known for being kind, polite, and charming to women.
But how does one achieve this level of standard without falling into the dreaded “Nice Guy” category?
Here are a few ways to do this.
1. Never insult other men.
Many men out there think that making other men look worse will increase their chances with a woman. But this is an alarm bell in a girl’s brain: this guy is mean. And not in a sexy “bad boy” way either. Have respect for your fellow human beings.
2. Stay away from “inappropriate” humor.
If you’ve noticed, every cool guy in the movies who seems to pick up women effortlessly never actually makes “sex” jokes. That is what the other characters on the screen are for. The main character is a charming man that all the ladies love: not a perv. These jokes can be funny occasionally, but they hurt your image more than they help it.
3. Have a sense of humor.
#2 being said, you do need to be funny. Always have a few jokes up your sleeves, but not too many. You don’t want to be that guy that just jokes around all the time, because you’re in danger of being friendzoned.
4. Be “Old-Fashioned”
Girls love an old-fashioned guy. On your first date, agree to not be casual, and wear a suit coat. It can be a blazer or a sports coat if you like, or a tux. But just look neat and nice. Also, hold every door for the girl (without being intrusive or creepy). Girls, for some reason, absolutely fall to pieces when you hold the car door open for them while they climb in. Something about it makes them want to fall into your arms.

Have confidence, because low levels of confidence are the sort of thing that will land you in the friendzone!
Welcome!

This is def a good start (3 is a plus) but being a gentleman is so much deeper. It's not just daily actions that become part of who you are and how you behave but it is also a mindset. The mindset is a big part of that.

But yes, generally speaking gentlemen have a grace to them. An aura almost. But it radiates from within, first and foremost.

Again, welcome and enjoy the community. There are a lot of good men here.

Modern Man Advice
 

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 19, 2020
Messages
325
Reaction score
272
Age
29
Location
North Carolina, US
Welcome!

This is def a good start (3 is a plus) but being a gentleman is so much deeper. It's not just daily actions that become part of who you are and how you behave but it is also a mindset. The mindset is a big part of that.

But yes, generally speaking gentlemen have a grace to them. An aura almost. But it radiates from within, first and foremost.

Again, welcome and enjoy the community. There are a lot of good men here.

Modern Man Advice
Yup, I just grazed the surface, but it might be a good place to start. I’m no expert, I just have an opinion.
 

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2020
Messages
2,792
Reaction score
2,125
Oh look, Modern Man Advice and The Charming Guy are here, thank God, what would we do without you two
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 19, 2020
Messages
325
Reaction score
272
Age
29
Location
North Carolina, US
Can’t tell if that’s sarcasm, but if it isn’t, thank you very much!
 

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 6, 2015
Messages
5,145
Reaction score
3,302
Age
52
Location
Hoe County, California
"How to Be a Gentleman... But Not a Nice Guy"

Or just be Godzilla. : )



Chicks dig Godzirrrra!
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
19,085
I disagree with the Tux unless (she) invited you to an Ebony & Ivory affair. And please take me off your list of "everyone" wants to be James bond. I am calm polite and sometimes charming. But Suave and Debonair IMO can be cheesy. I can be a nice guy without being a Simp. I get your meaning pup, but don't speak for me, I can't do fake.
WTF? A tux? Give me a break OP that sounds pretty lame. I mean maybe if you are going to some NYE event then sure. Otherwise, I dress however the fvck I want and if they don't like it they can kick fvcking rocks. Usually jeans, t-shirt, hiking shoes and hat. Turned backwards. I have no issues.

OP, Stop trying to impress them and start expecting them to impress you.
 
Last edited:
Top