"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

How to be a better conversationalist

moser

New Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2003
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Europe
This perplexes me to no end when people say they can't think of things to talk about with chicks
Ha haha... So if you can't understand these people how can u give them good advice. I'm one of them and I will explain it to you: I always have plenty of great topics to talk about with chicks but only when there are no chicks in front of me. The problem is that i'm not laid back enough when i talk to the chicks i don't know well. My thoughts can't go freely and the only topic i find in my head is endless EMPTINESS.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

azn_alex

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 3, 2005
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
when most ppl say they cant think of stuff to talk about, i think wat they really mean is that they cant think of something INTERESTING to talk about

i used to be like that. sure i could talk about my how my goldfish swam around 3 times, or wat her favourite food is, but it'd bore the **** out of her and me

good post anyhow
 

snogroove

New Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
My Goldfish swam around his bowl three times today.

I think this could be an incredibly funny, bizarre, idea for a deadpan joke.

" I had a pretty good day. I watched my goldfish swim around his bowl. He did (look up and remember)
three laps ,no, four I think."

Then just look at her. If she has no sense of humor she will flinch. If she has a brain she will laugh at how bizarre it is. :p
 

The Experience

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 16, 2010
Messages
129
Reaction score
2
snogroove said:
I think this could be an incredibly funny, bizarre, idea for a deadpan joke.

" I had a pretty good day. I watched my goldfish swim around his bowl. He did (look up and remember)
three laps ,no, four I think."

Then just look at her. If she has no sense of humor she will flinch. If she has a brain she will laugh at how bizarre it is. :p
Then see if she wants to come to your place and watch your fish swim. Exciting, no? :yes:
 

MicCheck1-2

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 28, 2005
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
This reminds me of this 26-year old girl that I talked to when I was 19. I said the smartest and dumbest things out of my head and surprisingly that attracted her even more. Yea, how can anybody ever run out of things to talk about? It's beyond me.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Top