How the hell do I even respond to this?

Exoduso

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I've been seeing this girl for a couple of weeks now... we went out three times, things are progressing nicely. I haven't seen her since Sunday, but I was busy with school this week and so we didn't talk a lot this week but kept in touch.

We end up scheduling to go out tonight, for bowling. We sent a few texts back and forth a while ago and then she randomly texts "do you want to also invite some friends or just us?" This is after her spending the whole week letting me know how much she wants to see me.

Now at this point this text dropped my interest gauge by a tenfold... how do you even respond to something like that? Honestly... haven't seen you in almost a week, we've only gone out three times and I barely know you, and this is what you suggest? lol...

How would you guys handle this?

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I have to make sure your not a gutterball machine before i start bringing my friends."

Exoduso

Don Juan
Reaction score
TheException said:
"I have to make sure your not a gutterball machine before i start bringing my friends."
Not sure that'll make her see the stupidity of her question.

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure that'll make her see the stupidity of her question.

Why is this your response to her question? Alpha males arent flustered by stupid small ****. Her question isnt even bad. Water off a ducks back brother, answer her and move on. Go out tonight, rape her in bowling, then escalate.

TheCWord

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did she suggest inviting friends because she didn't want to be alone with you and therefore has low interest? Or is it because she wanted to feel closer to you by spending time with you along with her/your friends?

Could've been the latter, but your negative thinking made you think of the former first. Tell her just the two of you, and a dig about her bowling skills like Exception said would be a nice touch.

Enjoy the date, re-evaluate afterwards.

Exoduso

Don Juan
Reaction score
TheCWord said:
Did she suggest inviting friends because she didn't want to be alone with you and therefore has low interest? Or is it because she wanted to feel closer to you by spending time with you along with her/your friends?

Could've been the latter, but your negative thinking made you think of the former first. Tell her just the two of you, and a dig about her bowling skills like Exception said would be a nice touch.

Enjoy the date, re-evaluate afterwards.
That's the problem, I dunno which one it is.
You might be right, might just be my overthinking. The problem is that thinks HAVE been going well, but we only saw each other 3 times in the past 2 and a half weeks, so when I ask her out after not seeing her for almost a week and she brings up being with other people instead makes me feel like it's from a lack of interest.

Lord Hypnos

Don Juan
Reaction score
your response: 'yeah I'll bring my best friends Big Bird and Elmo'

don't take anything a girl says seriously. if she asks a stupid question, give a stupid answer

Don_Dom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't blame you for this getting to you...The friends on dates thing gets to be ridiculous when every other girl brings it up.

Just the two of you, obviously.

plate's_empty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She could be insecure and not sure what you're looking for.

Or...

Bowling is always more fun with friends, other couples. It's not like you're taking her to a nice romantic dinner. She's probably talked to her friends about you and they want to meet you, and she thought this might be a good time. She's still leaving it up to you but it's no big deal, friends can't really ruin a bowling date. Not like you're going to putting on the moves in the bowling alley. With friends there it would probably me fun for both of you anyway.

Yes, I believe over thinking. Take it for what it is, consider it a legitimate question, not a personal attack.

Neon Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Exoduso said:
Do I go along with it or stick to just us 2?
Do whatever you want to do. Don't worry about upsetting her by declining her offer to bring friends, if you just want it to be you two then tell her that.

Don_Dom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Some girls want to meet a guys friends before sexing them. I have seen this before and encountered it once myself.

I nexted her immediately. You can meet my friends after I've fvked you. Having said that, I'm pretty strict on my rules for girls and expect the highest interest level possible.
Respect, sir.

I've run into the friends on dates thing so much in the last year I'm getting really close to making a rule about it too. Like next if they even mention it. Not there yet, but have gotten close.

Exoduso

Don Juan
Reaction score
I asked her who she was thinking of inviting, just to see what happens. She wanted to bring along 2 of her girlfriends, and was thinking I could invite some of my friends too (even though she knows all my friends are couples, pretty much)

I told her my friends can't make it but if she wants to bring hers that's fine. Or if she prefers we can reschedule (which was just a reverse **** test on my part to be honest) and she replied saying "nono that's fine i'll see them tomorrow."

The overthinking on my part on this subject drove me insane, but it also brought me to a point where I've lost some interest now. Just meet her tonight and play it by ear? Can always just switch the venue now and do something different, doesn't have to be bowling.

EDIT: I'm close to making it a rule too lol. A year ago I was dating this girl who (coincidentally also prior to the 4th date) wanted to bring her roommate along to a movie because "she has nothing to do tonight"... I cut all ties with her that night.

LMFAO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop with this complete and utter bull****. Tell her to stop pretending.

"After I beat you at bowling, you're going to feel ****ty until I take your dress off. Because I'm going to do that."

Only if you already banged her.

Financed

Don Juan
Reaction score
You should have just said just us and left it at that. Girls will always play the power card and push their limits. It's up to the man to draw the line. Take charge, man!

Exoduso

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I did...
she responded well and everything was okay, then about an hour after she texted to say that she had a fight with her parents and she's going out of town to stay with her sister, but wants to see me and wants to stop by on the way back tomorrow and blahblahblah.

At this point I'm over it, next?

andersonsmith969

Don Juan
Reaction score
Exoduso said:
Why are you asking us?

Are you really over it or just saying that?

Do you want to **** her or not?

Are you going to let you "I'm the player" ego next this girl when you don't actually want to?

Financed

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't next her. Don't be so quick to next. Girls are people too. Everyone is different and act/reacts different ways. You hardly know her to really get offended by her actions. Just play it cool. Don't go NC but maybe let her reach out to you for a little while. Once you start getting irritated you should P the B's and back off a little to the point where she won't irritate you. Go meet more plates.

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exoduso said:
she responded well and everything was okay, then about an hour after she texted to say that she had a fight with her parents and she's going out of town to stay with her sister, but wants to see me and wants to stop by on the way back tomorrow and blahblahblah.

Sorry Ex, but I don't understand your reasoning here at all.

She's had a fight with her family and has decided that (besides her sister) you're the one who makes her feel good and wants to see you. This sounds like high IL to me.
If she had low IL, she wouldn't have even told you, she'd have just gone to her sister's and let you do the chasing.