"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

How should I respond to this e-mail from girl after 1st date?

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
So after our first date, she leaves for break the next morning, and I get this e-mail a few days later and wanted to run it by u guys before I respond. I had taken her out for dinner and personally, was nervous during the date and didn't think it went that well but I like her and therefore enjoyed it.

Exact message:
_________________
Hey skinny! i hope your holiday is going well so far. I wanted to write because i thought we had a fun time saturday and i wasnt sure if i got a chance to tell you. i really got to learn more about you and i find you very interesting...so...keep up the good work i guess (im not sure what one is suppose to say to that).* Anyhow, have a great christmas and hope we get to catch a play soon!

Drive safe! ?(I ran the car off the road onto the grass during our first date :eek: )

Take Care,
Sara Pearce
__________________

* what the heck does she mean by this?

I know some people say never tell a girl that you've had a good time but should I reciprocate in my responce? I was thinking making fun somehow of the whole running off the road thing but I need some ideas of what to say or if I should even respond.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Not a Game

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 11, 2004
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
bay area.ca.usa
You don't have to be too worried about what you write at this point. From the email, it's obvious she likes you and wants to see you again.

Just keep it light and tell her you'll talk to her later, so she'll be thinking about you and will anticipate your call. Throw in something funny so she doesn't think you're a robot or something. Other than that I'd say you're home free.
 

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
2,077
Reaction score
4
Location
UK
yeah not to woried but still watch what you say because she deffintly likes you but things can change.

just do what you think is best, that should be fine as you will make sure its not afc wont you.
 

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
11,680
Reaction score
4,874
This email is just a cue that you SHOULD set up a second date with her. She's shown her interest in you, and even vocalized it in an email. It just means that you're doing things right and need to continue.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by skinnydart
So after our first date, she leaves for break the next morning, and I get this e-mail a few days later and wanted to run it by u guys before I respond. I had taken her out for dinner and personally, was nervous during the date and didn't think it went that well but I like her and therefore enjoyed it.

Exact message:
_________________
Hey skinny! i hope your holiday is going well so far. I wanted to write because i thought we had a fun time saturday and i wasnt sure if i got a chance to tell you. i really got to learn more about you and i find you very interesting...so...keep up the good work i guess (im not sure what one is suppose to say to that).* Anyhow, have a great christmas and hope we get to catch a play soon!

Drive safe! ?(I ran the car off the road onto the grass during our first date :eek: )

Take Care,
Sara Pearce
__________________

* what the heck does she mean by this?

I know some people say never tell a girl that you've had a good time but should I reciprocate in my responce? I was thinking making fun somehow of the whole running off the road thing but I need some ideas of what to say or if I should even respond.
"Keep up the good work" just sounds like she's fumbling for a pithy phrase and comes up short. Overall, I'd keep your response brief. You can say something witty, but make the E-mail relatively short...the impression you want to give is: 'Cool. I had fun too...talk to you soon.'
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

ego

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
150
Reaction score
1
Don't write too short, or too long.

You don't want to become her email-buddy, remember that.

But at the same time, you want to write her a couple of lines to show that you take yourself time to write her.

So, don't write a one line-email. 5-6 lines is cool. Don't ask any questions in your email - or else you'll end up with a long conversation. Finish with "I'll give you a call some day. Talk to you soon." :)
 

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
i really got to learn more about you
Ok, is this future or past tense. Is she saying "I was able to learn more about you" or "I really need to learn more about you"? I don't remember telling her much about myself the whole date, but o well.

Ok, so this is what i have so far, not sure how I should work the "I'll call you" into it, seeing that i won't be seeing her until the middle of Jan (she's across the country) and I don't think I should call her between now and then just to chat right?

______________________
Hey Sarah,

I had a good time too, not sure how soon they’ll have that first play, but we’ll definitely have to see it!

I’ll try to drive safe, but I hope that doesn’t mean one can’t test the off-road capabilities of his new Escort. j/k
Ok, maybe that Jeep thing was a good idea. *

Try to stay sober for at least some of the break; you’ll want to be able to remember some of the cool things you did so you can tell me about it. (See, I learned a few things about you too) **

You and your family have a nice Christmas,

Skinny
______________________

* She had mentioned on the date that she liked jeeps and wanted to get one some day.

** I had learned on the date that she drinks with her family during holidays and stuff, and that one time she drank a little to much and her dad got mad at her.
 

diablo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
4,678
Reaction score
9
Location
Louisiana, USA
overanalyzation alert!
overanalyzation alert!
overanalyzation alert!
overanalyzation alert!
overanalyzation alert!
 

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
overanalyzation? How is that?
Why the hell don't you just phone her and set up another date?
Because she's not here, and won't be until jan 18th, she went home.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

diablo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
4,678
Reaction score
9
Location
Louisiana, USA
Originally posted by skinnydart
overanalyzation? How is that?
Originally posted by skinnydart
Ok, is this future or past tense?
It's irrelevant. Who cares if it's past, future, or present? That shouldn't be what you're focusing on. There's no need to pick apart every possible meaning of every sentence she utters to you - you're not going to be happy that way. I understand it's not coming naturally to you, but you do have to fend for yourself a bit - you won't have everyone on the forum to help you with every aspect of your interactions between you and her. It sounds like you've done a good job with her in person, keep that up! Emails shouldn't be such a source of worry - definitely not worth thinking for hours about what you can say to write back. Did she spend hours figuring out just what to say to you? Of course not. Write back. Don't think about her words so much as the meaning behind the words. This is what I mean when I say you're overanalyzing the letter she wrote you.
 

diablo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
4,678
Reaction score
9
Location
Louisiana, USA
If that's what's congruent with your personality, or the side of your personality that you showed her, then yes - go for it. If she's going to read it and wonder "who the hell wrote that?!" then I'd say you're better off starting over.
 

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
So any other suggesttions? I mean does it sound at least half way decent or am I just off my rocker?
 

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
59
I'm totally with diablo on this one. What do you mean what are you overanalyzing!? You're taking a sentence from her e-mail and running it through your head over and over again. Stop making such a big deal out of it. You ARE overanalyzing it by just posting this. Don't try to make something out of nothing.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

RedKnight04

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2004
Messages
218
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Heres what I would say bro:

Sarah,

Whats up girl?

I had fun too but please no staulking! (Insert a wink).

Well have a great Christmas and I can't wait to see the Plasma TV you bought me under the tree! Whats that you say? No TV? Well don't worry you can still buy me dinner!

I gotta run out now but we'll talk soon.

Skinny
 

blue17

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
^^ That's not bad, but if that's not his normal personality then it would seem awkward and forced.
 

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
but still watch what you say because she deffintly likes you but things can change... you will make sure its not afc wont you
I'm wasn't exactly sure what you were refering too regarding the afc stuff in the responce, so I was just making sure it didn't sound to afc'ish. I can take care care of the making-it-sound-like-me part.
 

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
grrr, I guess my first attempt at a neg hit didn't work quite right.
______________________

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

i wouldnt say i was a drunkard but i do drink on the occasion. Hope u dont think bad of me. And have blast testing the capibilities of your escort. Kudos!

See ya!
Sara

______________________
 

jason86

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
248
Reaction score
0
Age
40
My reply:

'Hey Pearcey. Yeh i had a cool time on Saturday too. I know you're away until the 18th.. so whenevers clever after that, just say. I also learned a lot about you on Sat and found you.. lets say.. intriguing. So keep up the good work too i guess ;)
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top