"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

How should I have gone about this?

SteR

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
749
Reaction score
253
Hey guys. I was out clubbing last night with some of my mates and I was pretty drunk (wasn't really interested in gettin any girls that night lol).

Anyway I went out and when I got in the club I saw some other people I knew with some girls off their course who I've seen out before. Before I knew it (dunno how) I was talking to one, I think she asked my name or whatever which I knew meant she was interested in me.

I didn't really think she was that hot at all but she was a nice girl and after a while I started thinking should I or shouldn't I try and kiss close this (I'd heard about this girl before - apparently she was a bit of a slapper and she'd slept with a complete **** who I knew).

So we carry on talkin and we're just talking about the most random things like uni and people and blah blah. There wasn't really any kino from me because I was a bit edgey about leading this girl on. However she was all over me all night complimenting me, touching and asking whether I had a gf and all this crap. It got to the stage where I was thinking I might aswell start working for the kiss but all our mates were lingering around watching us and I was thinking shall I ask her to go somewhere quieter with me but the question I have is what should I have done from there? Only reason I ask is that all the other girls I've kissed in clubs I've been pretty drunk when I did it and it seemed to just happen - I didn't really think about it
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Did she turn you on? Did you WANT to kiss her?

Sounds like one of two things happened:

1) You really didn't feel like kissing her and were just thinking about it because it would be the "DJ thing to do."

OR

2) You were so nervous about it you made an excuse NOT to kiss her.

Which is it?
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Who said you had to kiss her at a club right then and there. If it was such a sure thing you should have asked her for her number.
 

Hanuman

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 22, 2004
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Wasn't really interested in getting any girls that night? - that's an AFC load of BS...

Anyways..., you had three options really:

1: Kiss her...

This could work against you - if she slept with some jerk before you would probably like to set your standards higher. Might mess with your socialproof otherwise...

2: Not kiss her

Well, if you had no interest in her - fine. Use the situation to boost your confidence and social proof, let her hit on you and remain cool...

3: Do what PuertoRican_Lover says, get her number.

This would probably be the most DJ thing to do in my oppinion. That way you can review the situation while sober (only get pissed when you are sure its only guys having beers, never around the ladies).
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
If she's a slapper and you're not desperate, then forget about her as she'll not be much good for you or, as Hanuman indicated, for your reputation.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

SteR

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
749
Reaction score
253
She didn't really turn me on I just had my beer goggles on lol so as I drank more I was thinking maybe I should just kiss her but the conversation was so.. normal so to speak that it would've been odd if I just out the blue kissed her. And no I didn't want her number at all, she is definately not the kind of girl I would want to see again, just kinda ONS material I guess.
 
Top