Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How realistic was this argument within a marriage?

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes I like to watch movies with an Indie tone with great acting and I thought I'd give this one a shot and watch it.

Just how realistic was this argument scene with Scarlet and Adam Driver? I thought sadly this maybe the case with how a lot of arguments end up these days with the many changes within our culture.

I bet lots of dudes here has had arguments just as intense as this one if not more.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Not sure it’s that far off from millennial existence these days…

If you guys wanna engage in an interesting experiment, simply do exactly the same thing that a woman is doing to you Word for Word point for point.

If you’re having a texting argument, copy and paste her words that bugged you about 20 sentences in and see how she reacts meaning turn it around on her. You’d be amazed that she doesn’t even recognize her own words and how incensed she is going to be.

Seriously try it. The beginning of that clip she compares him to his parents and it’s OK but when he dares to do it oh crap, Ola.

logicallefty

Reaction score

If you guys wanna engage in an interesting experiment, simply do exactly the same thing that a woman is doing to you Word for Word point for point.

If you’re having a texting argument, copy and paste her words that bugged you about 20 sentences in and see how she reacts meaning turn it around on her. You’d be amazed that she doesn’t even recognize her own words and how incensed she is going to be.

Seriously try it. The beginning of that clip she compares him to his parents and it’s OK but when he dares to do it oh crap, Ola.
This absolutely works! Done it many times with multiple women.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes I like to watch movies with an Indie tone with great acting and I thought I'd give this one a shot and watch it.

Just how realistic was this argument scene with Scarlet and Adam Driver? I thought sadly this maybe the case with how a lot of arguments end up these days with the many changes within our culture.

I bet lots of dudes here has had arguments just as intense as this one if not more.

No it's not realistic at all, obviously, this is a movie and it's designed to entertain. There is certain things you just don't say in a heated argumment like that. But it goes to show that resentment builds up if you are sacrificing your potential and what you could have been, have a second rate-life with your wife and she in turn ends up resenting you rather than respecting the sacrifices you made to make the relationship work. In a sense, conceptually guys do all the hard work and sacrificing and women just complain and nag and jump ship when another guy who is not sick of her or knows her ugly side starts off with her while you are left high and dry.

Technically my marriage would appear to have ended on an altercation, but I didn't express those types of feelings about her to her face. We haven't been together that long to build up that level of resentment. However, the circumstances in which the marriage came apart or lead to divorce were so asinine that it did piss me off with her at the moment, and perhaps I was more passive-aggressive with the way I chose to express any quarrel (ie write-ups on legal papers, facebook posts, etc....). Sometimes a good heated arguement like that is the best because it's private and they are not making a spectical of themselves. However, even so, words said can't be unsaid or taken back and a wrong word in a wrong tone can just lead to things coming to an end.

As a movie their acting is good, but lets face it, both these actors / actress are millionaires and well-off and people who have money don't get into arguments like that. It's usually when things get tight and arrangements behind the premise of the marriage become he said she said and there are disagreements all over the place is when things really come apart fast.

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
In marriages, in conversations that are blow outs like that you tend to learn a lot about your partner you might’ve suspected but didn’t know empirically. When they’re hurt they go for the jugular.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

A plate bumped into me with another woman yesterday. she was furious

HOWEVER
2 nights before she was out drinking with a friend and a guy commented on her photo "let us join you both for drinks ;)"

She replied to him "Absolutely"

when I countered her initial fury with this hypocrisy.

Her reply ? "F**K off you F*cking Idiot" :rofl:

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Oh yeah ofcourse this looks familiar. No marriage is needed, a 4 months LTR can be so intense you'll be having this conversation with a woman. This happens when you REFUSE TO LEAVE.

- dead bedroom
-below the belt insults
-hypocrisy

The list goes on and on. This happens when you stay with a woman who lost all attraction to you.

Scarlett Johansson's short haircut is not good at all.
Still a solid 7. I would say maybe even an 8.
No it's not realistic at all, obviously, this is a movie and it's designed to entertain. There is certain things you just don't say in a heated argumment like that. But it goes to show that resentment builds up if you are sacrificing your potential and what you could have been, have a second rate-life with your wife and she in turn ends up resenting you rather than respecting the sacrifices you made to make the relationship work. In a sense, conceptually guys do all the hard work and sacrificing and women just complain and nag and jump ship when another guy who is not sick of her or knows her ugly side starts off with her while you are left high and dry.

Technically my marriage would appear to have ended on an altercation, but I didn't express those types of feelings about her to her face. We haven't been together that long to build up that level of resentment. However, the circumstances in which the marriage came apart or lead to divorce were so asinine that it did piss me off with her at the moment, and perhaps I was more passive-aggressive with the way I chose to express any quarrel (ie write-ups on legal papers, facebook posts, etc....). Sometimes a good heated arguement like that is the best because it's private and they are not making a spectical of themselves. However, even so, words said can't be unsaid or taken back and a wrong word in a wrong tone can just lead to things coming to an end.

As a movie their acting is good, but lets face it, both these actors / actress are millionaires and well-off and people who have money don't get into arguments like that. It's usually when things get tight and arrangements behind the premise of the marriage become he said she said and there are disagreements all over the place is when things really come apart fast.
Bruh. I had women saying MUCH worse things to me than this. This is indeed, two intelligent, civilized people acting like they have a fight. I had women throwing shyt at me, breaking stuff, scratching me opening like a tiger would , screaming till the cops arrive.Real life is WAY worse than this .

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven’t had an argument this intense. And I’ve seen and heard about far worse. What helps me in disagreements is to take deep breaths. Keep it at a disagreement, don’t let it turn into an argument.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah ofcourse this looks familiar. No marriage is needed, a 4 months LTR can be so intense you'll be having this conversation with a woman. This happens when you REFUSE TO LEAVE.

- dead bedroom
-below the belt insults
-hypocrisy

The list goes on and on. This happens when you stay with a woman who lost all attraction to you.

Still a solid 7. I would say maybe even an 8.

Bruh. I had women saying MUCH worse things to me than this. This is indeed, two intelligent, civilized people acting like they have a fight. I had women throwing shyt at me, breaking stuff, scratching me opening like a tiger would , screaming till the cops arrive.Real life is WAY worse than this .
Yeah like that OF kilker.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Oh yeah ofcourse this looks familiar. No marriage is needed. This happens when you REFUSE TO LEAVE.

- dead bedroom
-below the belt insults
-hypocrisy

So true!!!

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm I do wonder how many relationships implode because yr not managing your woman. I know I had at least 3 probably more. Caveat that many women these days are complete train wrecks and unmanageable.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm I do wonder how many relationships implode because yr not managing your woman. I know I had at least 3 probably more. Caveat that many women these days are complete train wrecks and unmanageable.
I'm thinking even if they were manageable before marriage, they know that they have the upper hand once a man enters the institution of marriage with them. They know the man is institutionalized, thus becoming unmanageable.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is where I think you US guys should vote with yr feet. I wake up most mornings with my Asian Mrs of 8 years glued to me. Then she gets up and make my coffee. She s an Aussie citizen,
brought herself here no import fee required, post grad, full time nursing teacher. I know 2 other guys with Asian partners same deal. US ladies don't seem to know how to team....or cook.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Uber,
Your post is on the money....Mainland Chinese Women are such good value...great in the
sack and cook too...What other women find joy in service?...a shame they have no sense of humour
maybe we should have given them that rather than Opium.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No it's not realistic at all,
I've had this argument before with my most recent ex. I met her in a city and asked her to move with me to another city where I was being relocated. She agreed and about 6 months in we had this argument about how she never wanted to leave, etc. We both blew up on each other yelling some hurtful things to each other to the point where she said she hoped I kill myself riding my motorcycle. The stunned look I gave her made her realize she went too far and broke down and apologized saying she didn't mean that. Things just weren't the same afterwards.
She also threw a pan of mac and cheese at me that she was making for dinner. Trust me. These arguments happen.

TimothyPrice

Don Juan
Reaction score
My wife and I almost never fight. It’s good to remember your Heartiste basics and not take her too seriously and get sucked in. I love it when we DO have a fight because I bring out some dread game and the sex is hotter for weeks after.