Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How often can you wear the same clothes?

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I have a wierd question here.

How often can you wear the same set of clothes? I see some people 5 times a day in my college classes and I never know what's socially acceptable.

Like I notice some guys will wear the same shirt once I week, and then others will never wear the same thing twice. I don't know how they do it, I don't have 200 shirts/parts. And then I was overhearing some girls talk about half-way through the semester and they were commenting on how they're already noticing some guys wearing the same clothes.

I used to be a total redneck but now I'm in college so I'm lost when it comes to this stuff, u guys have any thoughts?

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wear the same stuff all the time. I don't care. It's cold outside and my hoodie keeps me warm.

souporman

Don Juan
Reaction score
i'll wear jeans a few days in a row sometimes... its not that big of a deal.

I'm still in hs though.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well at college and work, ull usually see me where the same set of clothes 1x each week...yes t-shirts.

and i like my hoodie/jacket, mind you.

some rotations of 3 sets of shoes weekly, as well as jacket & people with big wardrobes you'll barely notice them wearing the same stuff again. But those are the fashionable people.

I used to switch between 2 pairs of shoes a week but dont bother anymore.

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have 8 pairs of winter clothes and 8 pairs of summer clothes. So generally all of my outfits get worn once a week. The only time anybody has ever said anything about this too me was back in 10th grade when I had a simpsons t-shirt "Livin La Vida Sofa" (I was the first person in my school to wear it from what I saw, then about 6 months to a year later I saw lots people wearin the exact same shirt.), and that was only because that shirt stuck out amongst all my other shirts. Once a week I think is prolly ideal, generally most people aren't going to notice you wear the same outfits every week unless you wear something that really sticks out.

Last edited:

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I'll stop worrying about it, right now I have...

22 button-down shirts (what I'm required to wear everyday to class and work)
8 Polos
5 Pairs of Pants
3 shoes (brown-dress, black-dress, tennis)

So I end up wearing the same thing every other week or so.

Ok, so my other question (I think what I meant to ask originally) is how it relates to what you wear on a date. I usually go for the collard shirt unbuttoned over a t-shirt.

Is it a no-no to wear the same thing for a 3rd date let's say as you did for the 1st? Like there's only a few shirts that I have that I can wear unbuttoned over a t-shirt that look good and I always forget which one I wore with what girl last. Maybe it doesn't even matter but I'm always afraid that I'm going to wear the same thing I did last time and look stupid.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha in high school i got voted 'most likely to wear green every day of his life' because i wore green so damn much and someone noticed. I like the color green.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
my wardrobe is always in rotation. right now i got 5 pairs of jeans on the floor which im gonna sell because i dont wear anymore along wit a 2 sweaters and 3 t shirts.

As far as the stuff im sporting... well i got 3 leather jackets, couple track jackets, bunch of button ups, 9 pairs of pants 3 pairs of shoes like 4 belts, im always cycling out old clothers and purchasing new ones... i like lookin fresh what can i say.

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
by cycling clothes you mean u sell the stuff to friends or on ebay or what? Who wants used pants? But I guess if they're really expensive it's different.

I buy all my stuff at ruged warehouse. Like an AE pair of jeans for $13. I haven't yet noticed any defects that are noticable but I always check.

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
during the winter I often wear pull over knit sweaters with a white undershirt, I own at least 12 pullovers and at least two zip up cardigan styles. I wear my sweaters at least 3 to 5 times before laundering, because they dont need to be cleaned every time they are worn since they are worn as "outer garments" over other clothing, but unless I spill some food on it then it just goes back in the closet.

jeans and trousers also get worn at least 2 times before laundering unless they get dirty.

I never wear the same clothing two days in a row, I alternate my clothing so I always look like Im wearing something different.

Don_Joffe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I got an outfit for each day of the month. My rotation is every month. how about that? DAY AND NIGHT CLOTHES.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have seven sets of identical clothes. When I get up I don't have to clutter my mind about thinking what to wear.

I'm always working on new equations and I think it's really important to be able to focus on one thing.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
by cycling clothes you mean u sell the stuff to friends or on ebay or what? Who wants used pants? But I guess if they're really expensive it's different.
Yeah i basically just sell them to whoever. Havent ebayd them but theres a place nearby that give you cold hard cash. I also have a couple cronies i know who buy my clothes when im thru with them.

I have seven sets of identical clothes. When I get up I don't have to clutter my mind about thinking what to wear.
You cant be serious haha.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Invest in your wardrobe. When you're a professional, a rule of thumb is to buy a new tie every month, and a new suit every 6. By the time you get to be 30-40... However, this is college, and the majority of people only go to class 3x a week. 5x for you does make things more challenging, however they aren't insurmountable.

Unless you plan on getting a job at a retail store (for the discount), you're probably better off shopping at a discount warehouse such as Marshall's. Many of these places have name-brand clothing such as Express Men, A&F, etc at about 1/4 the price. Sometimes there are defects, sometimes not.

I'm one of the types that tries to not wear the same thing twice (unless it's outwear such as a track jacket, jacket, etc...) As you've already pointed out, girls do notice if you've got a wardrobe that only lasts 1 week. My advice? Buy more clothes.

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Live within your means. The worst thing you can do is spend all your money on clothes to amass that huge wardrobe and be left short changed so that you can't actually afford to go out properly! And do not become extravagant on clothes simply because of a girl or two. I've lived with friends who've worn the same clothes a whole lot because we're in that University scenario. They've still got a silly number of women though because it isn't a thing to them.

A general piece of advice would be once you've got a few basics, shop couture for the things you do buy, so you are paying a little more, but they are much more timeless than the T-Shirt or trend that everyone is wearing and its so great that who cares if you wear it a little often. And when it comes to amassing a collection gradually you can place it within.

And this isn't simply me trying to justify not having any clothes myself since I'm very well endowed... 8 leather jackets, 4 winter coats, 30+ pairs of jeans, 6 suits, stacks of T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, zip up hoodies, and various other things... I enjoy it and I'm fortunate to have the money to buy jeans at $160+ a time but its always incidental to my game itself... do not try and disguise shabby game by dressing yourself up!!!

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A general piece of advice would be once you've got a few basics, shop couture for the things you do buy, so you are paying a little more,

You just said save your money to go out

but they are much more timeless than the T-Shirt or trend that everyone is wearing

Trend? TREND? I wear tshirts because I'm cheap, it's 100 degrees outside where I live in the summer, and it's comfortable

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AverageFC
Trend? TREND? I wear tshirts because I'm cheap, it's 100 degrees outside where I live in the summer, and it's comfortable
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but there are these things called "trends". Believe it or not, people actually buy clothes just because other people are wearing that same style. Destroyed denim is a perfect example of a more recent trend. Not everyone has such a cavalier attitude towards clothing as yourself, but the fact that you don't really care what others wear is quaint.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but there are these things called "trends". Believe it or not, people actually buy clothes just because other people are wearing that same style. Destroyed denim is a perfect example of a more recent trend. Not everyone has such a cavalier attitude towards clothing as yourself, but the fact that you don't really care what others wear is quaint.
I don't care what others think about what I wear, or what they wear.

I guess I'm a trendsetter for all the tshirts i wear then :cool:

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AverageFC
I don't care what others think about what I wear, or what they wear.
You're one of the few, then. The reason there are so many places offering clothing (from jeans to suits that cost the same $ as a new car) is because the vast majority of people out there do care about how others view them... and since clothes are often a status symbol of sorts, just as the car you drive generally is, they follow the latest trends...

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm one of the types that tries to not wear the same thing twice
You mean like ever?... or not in the same week or something. How is that possible?