Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How many of you write posts to actually help people?

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just curious as to what division of people are writing posts to help out the AFCs and other DJs -- and what others are looking for respect from their superiors?

It hasn't really been suggested, but to be completly honest I think a number of threads posted these days are not there to help anyone. I think they are there to gain respect from the DJs they consider their superiors.

Is this a bad thing? Not per say. I just wanted to see if I'm alone in feeling this way about a lot of these posts.

I think everyone does everything, indirectly, for themself (for the most part). I don't see how posting a thread on this forum really benefits anyone physically.

Perhaps I'm making a poor assumption, oh well.

Last edited:

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been writing to help AFC's and fellow DJ's. I even helped Godsmoke (hopefully succesfully) over the PM board. Respect would be cool, but it's not a focus of mine.

oreo_renegade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree precisely, so many posts are just placed to get "status"

ON AN INTERNET BOARD!

its like a bad ego trip, I try to keep a purpose for my posts, whether it be question, information, tip, or just randomness in anything else.

The most AFC thing you can do is post threads to gain respect... If you post for real reasons and people respect you, then its great, but posting specifically to get admirred seems kinda fruity. :p

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would hope my posts help people, cause that's why I write them. I could give a damn less whether the people on here think I'm cool or not, cause I'm in it to further my knowledge of DJing and encourage other DJs.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
most of my posts are questions to other Dj's, but i try to help with my advice whenever necessary.

godsmoke

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think some have been posting to help us rising Djs. I can personally vouche for Crazy... His guides have tremedlously helped me, as well though Pm. Thanks. Im not so sure if its for status, but more for having an idea, and posting it, even though its been posted before... Yea I dont think that made sense.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I post to help, but only in relevant subjects. As I work on my DJ game, my knowlege grows, but I'm not going to attempt to help people in some aspect that I know little about....

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I post to share what I've learned with others, while requesting criticism.

I post what I know and beleive, and accept that I could be wrong. Being wrong would only lead to self-improvement so eh :).

Kwah

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WE'RE ALL HERE to learn, therefore I do what I can to give advice

misunderstood??

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think anyone would admit to posting to riase their 'status' but I mean I think you can kind of see who those people are. I don't think it's a bad thing for someone to want to raise their 'status' on an internet forum, I do however think their efforts could be better directly elsewhere.

O and I agree with the thing that everyone does everything for themselves indirectly alot, I find it very true.

Mikelo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am farily new here and I just READ for now, learn whatever i can, learn about problems others have ran into (and read those solutions), and of course i TRY and give some good advice although it may not always be GOOD advice :p

Great forum tho :cool:

Zelemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know the post is to gain status when it is almost identical to another post/part of post in the bible. This happens all too often. Oh well...

***- oh yeah, by that I mean when somebody makes a new thread with that kind of stuff... not when somebody replies to a post repeating information from the bible. The latter is good, while the former is laaaame.

Last edited:

GuitarOnFire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I follow up whenever I have something from my own experience that can help my fellow Don Juans.

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would hope that people would create posts to help people and not to just make themselves feel like God's for thousands of people that they do not know in person... sounds like a useless effort to me. I post about the things that I have witnessed and learned over the years with the intention of helping people. If I don't... that sucks, but it's cool. If I do... it's great, and that's cool too.

The Matrix: Reloaded

jmm854

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
doesn't matter

I don't really write new topics, because really, most every topic's already been covered in some way. And for the whole gaining status thing, as long as it's good advice being given then I don't see why it matters.

REDblueOI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A portion of what I write is for myself, testing writing methods, allowing me to demonstrate my understanding of a topic - because where the hell else can you lay out what your thinking and see what kinda response you get? I do strive to be recognized on the forum, because I feel the respect earned pushes me foward, makes me want to work even harder.

I also think just about everyone here is like me, in ^that^ respect.

But any time I respond to a thread witha question, or I'm talking to ppl on AIM, its all about helping my fello man [and vice versa, when I've got a question].

My first article - A confident man is a man who will succed [which sucked, as I look @ it thru heindsight] was all about helpin some guys lacking in that area. I wrote the HSDJB to try and say "thank you" to everyone on the HS forum for all the coaching I've recieved throughout my time here. FND to DJ 1+2 were pretty much playbook bull**** I wrote to kind of test myself, see if I really knew as much as I'm attributed. FND to DJ 3 I wrote cuz so many guys lack in the approach, and they needed it.

What can I say? I'm a man bent on being the best I can, and I have no reason to lie ;)

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't strive for recognition.
I've been here for a while, yet my name isn't quoted when talking about the best poster or the most popular/respected.

And that's okay by me, because I am no better man than anyone here... I'm just another fellow who enjoys playing soccer, laughing a lot and macking the girls. And sometimes I get a little inspired, and I want to make men feel like they're The Men.

When I write a post, I want to inspire, to motivate, to provoke.
I want the guy reading to rethink about life and try to live it differently, better, if only for one day.

If I get one guy to have a better day, I'm fulfilled.
Status is temporary. Many DJs had status and now are almost forgotten... only a few remember... but if they wrote something that made a change... the change is still there... and will never be forgotten...

That's what I strive for... the change !!

BBB

REDblueOI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BOORAH, baby, BROAOH!

Lol, you deserve the medal of ****in honor BBB, lol, we got a ****ing saint here.

Quad4IV

Don Juan
Reaction score
I try to post to get people to understand the small things, and to not fret the small stuff!