Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How many of you are capable of taking rejection?

BornWinner

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's my question.

We've read all the posts in this forum and most of the time, we stress that confidence is the key to success.

That's the thing............. Even a confident man is afraid of rejection. I've seen some of them walking away after rejection feeling ashamed of themselves.

And now, I wanna ask all of you and I want an honest answer. How many of you are able to take rejection without feeling any emotional pain .eg. Ego?

Even I myself gets pissed off when I got rejected and my ego hurts very badly..... Hmm

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*raises hand*

I just got rejected by the Sarah chick in my journal. For 20 mins or so, I was quietly pissed and hurt, but then I told myself "Devin, stop acting like a big pvssy. No one shot you. You're alive. Life WILL go on. This chick has poor taste, fukk her."

static

Don Juan
Reaction score
If I were to handle myself properly during an approach where I got rejected then I believe that my ego wouldn't be hurt and that I would in fact come out of it feeling more manly. On the other hand, if I were to act like a chump during an approach and give the women power and the opportunity to chump me, my ego would probably get hurt. I would imagine that the latter case would happen in the absence of confidence. Because, of course, when you're truly confident, why would you give her the edge and the power?

It's not getting rejected that hurts, it's how I feel about the image that I give the women and observers about me that hurts...I don't want to look like chump. Of course, it can go the other way too, you can look brave to the women and observers even if you get rejected provided that you handle the situation properly.

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're smooth then being rejected doesn't hurt.

Crusader

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm getting better and better facing rejections. I used to obsessed about it a week or so, now , it's only a day.

numlock

Don Juan
Reaction score
some girls will like you, some girls won't. you're a chump if your goal is to make every girl like you -- it simply won't happen. do you like people who don't like you? of course not. so if you get rejected, it's simply because the girl didn't like you at that time and there's nothing you could do to change that. instead, pat yourself on the back for having the balls to go up to her and test to see if she liked you.

Craig Reeves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well nobody likes rejection.

But when you say "rejection", I think more on the lines that the woman was disrespectful in her approach to letting you down. If she lets you down easy, I don't feel as if that counts as a rejection.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know the feeling of rejection. I just have not always made a connection. Think about it....

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is how I think about it: "If I'm not getting rejected enough, then that means I'm not making enough approaches."

wolfie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Being rejected straight out IMO is better than the chick leading you on because she's trying to be 'nice'. That just sets you up for a bigger fall later.

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you've seen a confident man walking away and feeling ashamed of himself after being rejected, then he wasn't a confident man. Personally, i stopped giving a damn. Not approaching feels FAR worse than the worst rejection i can imagine, so that's all the logic i need! There are a lot of things you can do to make yourself stop caring. One of them is to realize that the world doesn't revolve around you, and there is a million reasons you could have gotten rejected that have nothing to do with you. Another is the excellent exercise that was posted on here about imagining yourself old, dying, looking back at your life and thinking how you'd do things differently. Another favorite of mine, a really straight-forward one, is to imagine the world will end in, say, 2015. Really, sit down, close your eyes and make yourself believe it. If you do it right, it'll fill you with incredible desire to make every moment count and rejection won't matter anymore.

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was afraid of rejection oh so long ago, but then I worked door to door and the sheer creativity which some people displayed while rejecting me made it seem like a game, not to be taken seriously. I also learned about the law of averages. Bottomline, you can't be afraid of rejection because it doesn't exist. I might go more into that later. Anyway...

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*raises hand*

If you had to worry about every possible rejection .. there's too many women, too much worrying then :)

If you're out and collecting dates, you're bound to get rejected at least once that evening. The only thing that happens to me is that I get really scared and start shaking and ....... just kidding :D I just say to myself 'You win some, you lose some and only those that act get to taste the difference'

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I have become numb to rejection, or rather i have always been numb to rejection.

Im normally kind of a heartless person so not having a girls approval is the last thing i would give a sh1t about.

Cassidy

Don Juan
Reaction score
*raises hand and then puts it back down quickly*

Since I fixed myself up from being an AFC, I haven't been rejected badly. Whether that means I'm not making enough approaches, I don't know. The last time I was rejected enough for it to hurt was before I changed my attitude towards life, so I really don't know if I'll be able to take it when it happens.

I do know, however, that I'll be able to cope with it better than when I was an AFC. My typical response back then was to stop eating solid food and cry softly into my pillow.

louis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BornWinner

And now, I wanna ask all of you and I want an honest answer. How many of you are able to take rejection without feeling any emotional pain .eg. Ego?
I think there was a line in one of the David D'Angelo newsletters about the ability to cope with rejection being one of the foundations for personal and business success. I agree with this. I can't take rejection without feeling some pain. But I think I am learning to cope with it (i.e. get over it) more easily.

Reaction score
Rejection! What the hell is that.

I can't help if they are too stupid to get on that high sailing ship, sailing to the port of pleasure and fun.

It's just a sign of their own poor decision making...has nothing to do with me!

Get what I'm saying!

InLawsHateMe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rejection.... ?

Honestly, I can't see it happening.... if it hasn't happend this long, it ain't coming anytime soon, and if it did, I wouldn't know what to look for. I guess I would think that that person is either not feeling well, or has made a very very bad mistake in judgement... it can happen.

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been rejected many times, it doesn't even hurt anymore.

I remember once I was in the middle of making lunch, a girl called me and told me she didn't like me like I did, I said ok and we hung up. Then I continued making my sandwich.

Another girl I used to DJ with is engaged to her old boyfriend. Ain't that a kick in the nuts? :p

Fortunately, it's one of those things where the more it happens the easier it gets.

StockTrader

Don Juan
Reaction score
After awhile rejection doesn't mean anything anymore. People get rejected all the time, and they live to tell about it.

You may send out 100+ resumes and only get 1 or 2 interviews. A success ratio of only a few percent. Guys have a better chance of getting a date than getting a job.

Think about it. If you approached 100 women randomly, you'd be virtually guaranteed alot of dates and alot of pu$$y. If you're an average looking guy, with an average income and you apply only 25% of what's in the DJ bible. You'd get at least 10-20 dates. If the average person sent out 100 resumes, it'd be very rare to get 10 or 20 interviews. Maybe 2 or 3. Or maybe none.

It all comes down to how you frame things. If you blow it up in your mind and tell yourself over and over.."If she rejects me, I'm a loser. No girl would want me. I'll be alone forever." Then you picture the worst possible scenario for yourself. She laughs in your face and everyone in the club/restaurant/store or bar stares at you as you leave with your shoulders slumped and your head down.

What if you took this attitude when looking for a job? You'd be broke, living in a cardboard box on the street! You may not be 100% certain that you can get the kind of job you want. But because the rents due, because you want some spending money on the weekends, you simply must find a job. You're willing to endure alot of rejection to find one.

People get rejected from sports teams, colleges, companies, you name it. The only meaning rejection has is the meaning that you give it.