Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How long you been waiting to do a follow up text?

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Met a girl at a wedding. Got her number, couldn't close (I'll spare you the six hour story). Text her:

Me: What's the rule on texting a girl after getting her number? 48 hours? (**this was about 24 hours later)
Girl: LOL never texted a girl before.
Me: Oh? Not that good with the ladies. Total red flag.

Silence.

No **** I ****ed up by going too strong with the CF plus she just demonstrated LOI, or whatever caused her not to respond. It's been 48 hours since my last text. I've been thinking go a full week and start again, but what say the rest of you? Are girls attention spans nowadays so small with the advent of phones that a week is too long?

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, you fvcked that one up, lol. All you had to say was "nice meeting you at the wedding". Second text to set something up. That's it. Always have a point to sending that text.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, you fvcked that one up, lol. All you had to say was "nice meeting you at the wedding". Second text to set something up. That's it. Always have a point to sending that text.
Obviously- that's why I acknowledge I messed up

Do you plan on answering my question?

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would text in one week:

"Hi."

If she responds to that, I would then invite her to drink with me. Be specific with day, time, and place.

Save the wit and charm for the in-person meetup.
Agreed. Thanks Espi. Wait till after the 4th or don't give a **** text her anyway?

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, you should have answered "I was never good at memorizing rules" Now, there is a salvage attempt. wait until after the 4th, make damn sure you had something interesting to do, so if she asks you can tell her. Then try to message her, "hey how you been, would have gotten back to you earlier, but I was busy xyz over the 4th.. See if she bites.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, you should have answered "I was never good at memorizing rules" Now, there is a salvage attempt. wait until after the 4th, make damn sure you had something interesting to do, so if she asks you can tell her. Then try to message her, "hey how you been, would have gotten back to you earlier, but I was busy xyz over the 4th.. See if she bites.
I'm moving from orlando to ft. lauderdale (she lives in ft. lauderdale too) this weekend. i'll leverage if you think this is a good follow up on july 5th. tweak if you got a better follow up (my first texts got me shook with a lack of confidence)

"hey, wanted to get back to you earlier, but been busy with moving. how was your 4th?"

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, that is good enough.... just enough to let her know she's not first on your list, but is still on it. IF that fails, go ghost..... no need trying for a woman who is playing for hard to get....

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
said **** it and texted her today. got a date next week. lol. thanks for all the help team.

quicklearner

Don Juan
Reaction score
General rule 5-7 days

Personal Experience: >15 yrs in the field (now married/retired)

If the girl likes you it doesn’t matter, you could call hours after meeting her (you may lower your value and decrease your future value/success with her), but it won’t matter

Women, who were interested, who I accidently message/texted when I was trying to store their numbers in ancient phones (who I later went out/relationship with) never cared.

Lastly, I always sent one text message, a single email, or single phone call and voicemail…and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER called them back or tried to get in touch. if I didn’t get response in 24 hours, I deleted their number/text. If they called me back after 24 hrs, I still ignored them. Life is too short to waste on uninterested women or mixed signals.

This was one of my golden rule. No women gets my special attention, unless she reciprocates.

Did I miss out of some by not being more persistent, probably, but as a man who knows his own worth, women were never a priority and there never was a shortage.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While a friendly polite approach may not make her wet on the spot, its more than enough to get in touch with a girl who likes you and settle a date, keep the jokes and games for the date.

At the same time a "witty" or "cool" text is not gonna turn an uninterested girl in an interested one, actually it could turn off an unsure girl.

I believe that if a girl likes you its easy to make it work at least to settle a date.