"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

How long was your longest Oneitis?

Aniki1818

Don Juan
Joined
May 17, 2020
Messages
42
Reaction score
57
Age
38
Location
Toronto
How long til it went away? Til you were completely and honestly over it without a doubt.

Was there ever rapport? Unrequited love after a breakup? Or just outright rejection from the start? What was the lowest point you've hit and the most embarassing thing you've done in being apologetic and/or pouring your heart out?

Let me have it.
 
Last edited:

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
Year. Well, technically 14 months to be exact. I learned a hard, bu valuable lesson. You’ll NEVER get over your oneitis when you’re around them, talking to them, etc. You have to completely remove yourself from their lives, and I mean completely. Not take a couple weeks off or a month off from seeing them and still texting with them every couple days or whatever. All you’re doing is allowing you’re oneitis to be like a fire that’s died down but will quickly come back when you throw more wood on it. Whoever invented oneitis had to have invented no contact too because that really is the only way. I couldn’t even tell you what her birthday is now, and I knew this girl for over a year. That’s how you get over it.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Aniki1818

Don Juan
Joined
May 17, 2020
Messages
42
Reaction score
57
Age
38
Location
Toronto
You’ll NEVER get over your oneitis when you’re around them, talking to them, etc. You have to completely remove yourself from their lives, and I mean completely. Not take a couple weeks off or a month off from seeing them and still texting with them every couple days or whatever. All you’re doing is allowing you’re oneitis to be like a fire that’s died down but will quickly come back when you throw more wood on it.
1000%

The withdrawals can be just as hard. The excuses you give yourself to message her, especially on holidays, birthdays, new years etc.
 

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
876
Age
38
I've had many oneitises (oneiti?) and also a twoitis for identical twins at one point.

It doesn't get better until they're completely out of the picture, and for a good while. Absolute no contact.

Today, I cut off all contact as soon as I develop any sort of irrational crush, even if it costs me. It happened earlier this year when I was teaching a class of young adults which included a nubile, slightly geeky 17 year old. You know the type, wears glasses, dresses in comic book T shirts. Potential virgin although that was probably my little head doing the thinking. Anyway she was underaged and showed no choosing signals besides, so I cancelled the class once a replacement teacher was found.
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
Oh I’ve caught oneitis many times, not consistently and I can’t even tell you what it is specifically about the girls I’ve caught it for that causes it to happen. I’ve posted pics on here of me with girls and the least attractive one out of the 3 I posted pics of, I had a case of oneitis for. They don’t last a year though like my severe case I told the story about though. You’re never going to get rid of oneitis completely unless you’re just a sociopath or have some mental block. I’ve had to learn how to control mine the best I can because with oneitis, out the window goes game, common sense, frame, everything. It’s like it brings the beta simp cuck out of you that you didn’t know was still linegering.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Oh I’ve caught oneitis many times, not consistently and I can’t even tell you what it is specifically about the girls I’ve caught it for that causes it to happen. I’ve posted pics on here of me with girls and the least attractive one out of the 3 I posted pics of, I had a case of oneitis for. They don’t last a year though like my severe case I told the story about though. You’re never going to get rid of oneitis completely unless you’re just a sociopath or have some mental block. I’ve had to learn how to control mine the best I can because with oneitis, out the window goes game, common sense, frame, everything. It’s like it brings the beta simp cuck out of you that you didn’t know was still linegering.
Yeah, the folks that "feast" off of folks would never develop a oneitis. They would "miss" that person they were using though.

How are you getting over your "oneitis" situations?
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
Yeah, the folks that "feast" off of folks would never develop a oneitis. They would "miss" that person they were using though.

How are you getting over your "oneitis" situations?
The one I spoke about that lasted 14 months, we had an argument about something (I forget what it was now) and didn’t speak for like 4 weeks. Longest time we’d ever gone without talking was 10 days. Fight was over something trivial I’m sure because most of the time they were. It ended up saving me though. I wasn’t over her in those 4 weeks but I could feel my mind decompressing from her from no contact and not seeing her. Doesn’t take long if you’ll let it happen.
The others are more tricky, oneitis will hit early on in the dating course for some reason, something clicks, trying to get rid of it while trying to date the girl is TOUGH.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Caelum

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
40
Reaction score
47
Age
38
For a month was my longest, and it was recently. Don't think I'll get it again though.
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
"get it"? Why not get a new babe that makes you happy enough to not worry about a oneitis?
Because those types of women are few and far between in many areas. That’s why oneitis is so easy to catch, the dating market is so ****ty that once you find someone that’s different than what you’ve been used to, you wanna hold on to that. Nobody wants to be thrown back into the pool of ****ty women.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Because those types of women are few and far between in many areas. That’s why oneitis is so easy to catch, the dating market is so ****ty that once you find someone that’s different than what you’ve been used to, you wanna hold on to that. Nobody wants to be thrown back into the pool of ****ty women.
She was a decent person?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
2,852
Reaction score
5,071
Age
40
Yeah, for the first few months anyways. Then she turned into the covert narcisssit she always was. I just got oneitis from her love bombing stage.lol
This was very similar to my last LTR. Incredible to be with during the love bombing stage — then turned into a complete narcissist. Everything was all about her.
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
So it's a monster. And you still haven't shook her off?
Oh I did, finally. The thing about dealing with covert narcissist types is when they turn bad, you spend the whole time trying to turn it around back to the lovebombing stage even though it’s impossible.
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
This was very similar to my last LTR. Incredible to be with during the love bombing stage — then turned into a complete narcissist. Everything was all about her.
I mean you hate to turn cynical the next time you meet someone that’s so nice to you and treats you well, but that’s the mentality you carry for awhile after going through something like that. The only types of men these narcissistic women (covert especially) can’t chew up and spit out are cold hearted sociopaths. And narcissist usually aren’t attracted to those types.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top