How long should you text before asking her out?

AM349

Don Juan
Reaction score
What works the best for you guys after getting a girls number/insta?

keep the convo short or text first for a couple of days? If so how long?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have a hard rule but it's not uncommon for me to already ask them out before I get the number, sometimes more indirectly too eg "i bet we would have good conversation over drinks/coffee". But generally I will ask them quickly unless I'm too busy.

RobbyDog

Don Juan
Reaction score
You’re young…welcome aboard. If only I’d have discovered this site when I was 19, I could’ve saved myself so much grief haha.
The phone is primarily for setting up dates, not for a bunch of endless chit chat.
Ask her out within the first few messages for three main reasons:

1. It sets you apart as a man who can take charge and lead her which is what she craves
2. Prevents her from getting bored and losing interest
3. Most importantly, it weeds out time wasting low interest attention wh*res

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

My husband moved fast. Night we met, asked for my FB. Next morning first text, asked me out.

We are married now so I’d say he is pleased with the end result.

Get to the point. It shows decisiveness and moxy. It gives her something to say yes to if she likes you (anything other than a yes is low interest), and it saves you time because you get your answer right away.

Cowboy-Cheems

Don Juan
Reaction score
What I have learned is that sooner is always better. Becoming a regular texter with no action following those texts early on in the relationship is pretty much a guaranteed placement in the god-forsaken friendzone. You must set the frame of an intimate relationship, if you wait on her to do it, you will eventually receive a text from her stating how excited she is to go on a date with this other cute guy she found. If she rejects your offers for a date, Stop contacting her ASAP. Never allow yourself to stay in the friend-zone.

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should be texting them with the intent of getting them on a date. Otherwise you are just another texting buddy, just like her female friends. Ask her out during your first interaction and if you don't get a pretty clearly positive response then move on.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
depends on your attentions. If you are trying to get laid, do it fast, if looking for a relationship, be a little more patient.

Learning Curve

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What works the best for you guys after getting a girls number/insta?

keep the convo short or text first for a couple of days? If so how long?
The thing with Instagram and phones this are two different dynamics.

Instagram you can build rapport differently with 7-9 texts maybe and ask her out. Because the response time is usually quicker if not instant with most chicks i talk on there.

With the phone, you need to limit it to 3-4 texts max and ask her out since the response time could be 5-15 minutes for each text.

This plays a role on how you build rapport, use phone just for dates.

But the main core essence is that the less the better. Get straight to the point don't waste time.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi BeExcellent,
"We are married now so I’d say he is pleased with the end result" From where I sit,I would say he is one lucky Dog.