Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How important are a man's clothes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoMoses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That’s the thing. When you look great, you feel great. And feeling great translates to your vibe, which people around you feel.

It’s a much bigger thing than the clothes themselves.
This will certainly be the case for a lot of people, but in my personal experience I would switch these two words here

That’s the thing. When you feel great, you look great. And feeling great translates to your vibe, which people around you feel.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a stylish guy that loves wearing nice clothes, but I have a few short-sleeve, slim fit Henleys I got from Target.

Can't tell any difference.
Until you run them through the washer a couple times and they begin to get that worn look way faster.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This will certainly be the case for a lot of people, but in my personal experience I would switch two words here
No argument there. You gotta be congruent. You gotta know your style. Clothes and shoes and watches & cars are all accessories that say things about who we are. So no you shouldn’t try to be someone you are not...but you should strive to be the best you. I’m a high end girl. Always have been. Gucci and Prada and yada yada. But I also am understated. My stuff doesn’t scream the brand at all. I’m not a blatantly obvious label person. I find that garish. I’d rather have things that are only recognizable to others who have the taste to know what something is. Like an Hermes bag or scarf. Louis Vuitton is almost too logo centric for me. I do like the Burberry plaid though. It’s recognizable but not as garish as some logos.

But there’s also this...

Quality things last. My father wore Bally dress shoes. He was a big guy at 6’4” 250lbs. He must have resoled those Bally shoes 3 times but he had them 40 years. I’ve got Gucci, Chanel and Prada shoes I’ve had for 25 years. I’ve resoled my Prada boots, but they are classic and timeless so will never go out of style...and I bought two pair 20 some years ago so if I ever do wear the first pair out I’ve got the second pair in the box in the little felt shoe bags...

I feel better if I make the effort to look my best. But I like myself just fine in any case.

And I love Herve Leger dresses. I must have 20 of them. They look amazing on a good female form. These dresses retail from $750 upwards of $2000...and I have never paid retail for a single one. Every head turns in those dresses. That always feels nice.

So yes. It’s all about your vibe and how you feel. The wrong look can mess up your vibe as much as the right look (congruent with who you are) can enhance your vibe,

Seems to me that many men are so clueless about clothing that they dress sloppy or comfy etc. and call it good...and they can feel out of sorts when they try to improve their look and their style. If a man finds himself in that situation I think the thing to do is ease into changing your look. A guy in Levi’s and a t shirt still feels like a Levi’s & t shirt dude even if you put him in an Armani suit. He will feel weird, at least for awhile.

So we get back to doing what fits with you (and accepting the segment of women you naturally attract existing as you do)...

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a stylish guy that loves wearing nice clothes, but I have a few short-sleeve, slim fit Henleys I got from Target.

Can't tell any difference.
Thats fine but I’m not going to a high end venue like a white tablecloth steakhouse with a man dressed like that.

Early on when we were dating my exBF called me and said he had made reservations at Maestros (high end white tablecloth steakhouse). I dressed in a beautiful dress with pretty heels & bag. He showed up to pick me up in an Adidas track suit and sneakers. I asked if I should change since our plans had (obviously in my mind) changed. He said no, we have a 7:30. I told him “Look. You are not dressed for Maestro’s. I’m not going there with you wearing a track suit & sneakers.” So we went out and went somewhere else. He never made that mistake again.

A few weeks ago I met a man who was wearing a gray college t shirt and khaki Bermuda shorts and sneakers and a ball cap. Mid 30s guy. Handsome. We got to chatting and he asked me to join him for dinner at a similar type high end place as above. I told him I’d be happy to meet him there but not with him dressed like that. He said “Oh I know. I’ll swing by mine and change”...and he did. This particular guy is extremely wealthy. He dresses way down on purpose. But then instead of keeping his Ferrari key in his pocket he sets it down on the table on top of his phone (show off much, lol). I had seen the car as I was parked next to it in my ride. So I busted his chops a little about that. We showed up at the chop house at the same time. He pulled into the front valet spots at an angle and took them both up. I pulled in next to him, horrible parking jobs...and got out. The valet guys were cracking up. I gave them my keys and tip & said “You guys get to sort that mess right out”. After dinner the cars were beautifully parked side by side. It was cute.

We ended up chatting a good bit about style and dress and all that sort of thing. He doesn’t want to attract pure gold diggers. I told him to keep his key in his pocket for God’s sake in that case. He was surprisingly insecure, which I wasn’t expecting.

He struck me as kind of unsure how to present himself to the world. And that is a tough place to be, especially when you most want to be appreciated for who you are rather than for what you have.

mrrippey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not only about your clothing you also your style and swagger that aligns to your wardrobe. Otherwise you will look uncomfortable or be a hypebeast.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
If you are hung up on cost, remember it’s better to have two pairs of $200 jeans then 10 pairs of $20 jeans.
You’ll have a $500 leather jacket for a decade ..
Need a nice watch.
At the end of the day you get what you pay for.
I see no reason to splash cash on a car tho
I agree with this point, you will only attract hold diggers with a fancy car.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Wondering, how important are a man's clothes to a woman?

I've never ever been big clothes guy. I dress sloppily and shop for new clothes every 3 years. Clothes have never ever got me the hot girl. My words and actions have got the girl faster than anything I'm wearing.

I got relatives that buy $3,500 - $5,000 suits. They dress impeccably and shop at the most expensive places. I shop at the Gap and Walmart. I have an expensive car, but I won't spend anything over $30 on clothes. I really don't think clothes matter. A man's words, height, and hair are the most important.

Thoughts?
It's not so much the brand, but the way it fits on your body. Then again, while I have a good amount of nice clothes, I usually wear the same thing every day. 7 of all mankind jeans, black timbs and a henley. When I get to the ER, I'm in scrubs anyway. But even after, that what I feel comfortable in. Plus, dressing nice costs more money. Nice clothes have to go to the dry cleaners. $$$. I really do not like to spend money on stuff that doesn't produce a return. So, there you go.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

Yes it’s important. It’s important firstly because it sends the message (without you saying a word) that you care about yourself and that you understand matters of style and taste.

No elegant woman is going to be caught dead with a dude in Walmart threads.

A nice watch and a clean, well maintained car also make a difference. It sends a consistent non verbal message that you are well put together. For YOU. If you are into cars and can afford a nice one? By all means. But you do that for you. I drive an indefensibly expensive car. But every time I crank the engine it puts a smile on my face. And sometimes if something is bugging me? I take the top down, get a little speed therapy and I feel better. I feel blessed. But you don’t do those things for dating purposes or to impress other people.

You do them for you. For your happiness and joy.

If cost is an issue or you are a cost conscious person look into high end consignment stores or even EBay if you know your size in something. You can look like a million bucks in very expensive threads at a deep discount doing that.

My son loves to dress well. A few months ago we found a Prada suit $2000-&3000 retail, at a high end consignment place. Got him a dress shirt, and matching tie. Total outlay was roughly $250. He gets fitted at the tailor next week now that she has done the alterations. That bill will run several hundred because we got the suit, a cut velvet Versace smoking jacket bought deeply on sale at Neimans and the dress shirt all custom fit. He will look high end bespoke once the tailor is done. For a fraction of the cost. He understands great shoes too. He will look sick in those clothes and it makes him feel really good to know he looks really good.

That’s the thing. When you look great, you feel great. And feeling great translates to your vibe, which people around you feel.

You know, you could just go to a made to measure place, and get a whole ensamble for around a grand custom to his body. Not going to lie, I got a few suits and sports jackets, and they fit better than my Armani or Brooks Brothers suits. I went to placed called My.Suit. They're in NYC, but I am sure they have some around Texas or wherever you are now located.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I've never ever been big clothes guy. I dress sloppily and shop for new clothes every 3 years. Clothes have never ever got me the hot girl. My words and actions have got the girl faster than anything I'm wearing.

I got relatives that buy $3,500 - $5,000 suits. They dress impeccably and shop at the most expensive places. I shop at the Gap and Walmart. I have an expensive car, but I won't spend anything over $30 on clothes. I really don't think clothes matter. A man's words, height, and hair are the most important.

Thoughts?
A pretty big fvcking deal

RickTheToad

Reaction score
A guy in Levi’s and a t shirt still feels like a Levi’s & t shirt dude even if you put him in an Armani suit. He will feel weird, at least for awhile.

So we get back to doing what fits with you (and accepting the segment of women you naturally attract existing as you do)...
That's me. I have a wardrobe of Armani, Brooks Brothers, Twillory, etc., but I do not like the feel of the clothes, so I usually go back to my jeans and a henley. I actually have a favorite pair of steel tip boots I wear (this is Bridgeport), but they've been beat to death. Drives my gf crazy when I wear them. She said, just the other day, Rick, you have such nice clothes, why do you prefer to dress like that? Simple.. it's comfy. I work hard, I deal with the hell in the ER and urgent care. When I am done, I want to be comfy. I've given up a long time ago what people think of what I wear. When we were actually able to go out to nice places, then I'd dress more for the occasion, but that's been done for a while now. I like to have the option to dress nice, but time after time, I go back to my 7 for all mankind henleys and jeans. Sometimes true or lucky as well. I am a creature of habit. I do wear creed cologne though. It's my signature cologne.

There is one good thing about dressing in just basic jeans and a henley.. No one bothers you when you're walking around.

MoMoses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Big thing....and nearly all guys don’t even pay attention to this...

Shoulder seams.

Make sure the seam fits perfectlyon your shoulder edge.

Sooo many guys wear shirts where the shoulder seam sits far far too low.
Had to google this one because the word was unknown to me but Hell yeah Hank. Shoes, a belt that matches your shoes and shoulder seams are important. No matter your style. This shows you know your clothes suit you or not. This shows you know how to dress. No matter how expensive or cheap your clothes really are.

MoMoses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably thinking...."mutton dressed as lamb...."

Sometimes the clothes do not make the man....
I need to get this of my chest.. you are by far my least favorite person on this forum. I feel you are just a troll. Not once have I seen you contribute to anything. You seem to limit yourself to judging other people, without offering a solution to their problems or questions. Always talking down on people from your high horse.

Insulting another user for no reason whatsoever is pretty lame mister. I've seen you doing this lots of times before, be it subtle or less subtle. I don't like it. I'm putting you on ignore.

You'll probably start accusing me of white knighting but I don't care that you just insulted a woman that didn't deserve to be insulted. I've seen you do it to male users too, myself included. I do not like your style and personality. Again, I think you're just bored and enjoy trolling people. I don't have to read those pointless comments anyore :)

/ Ignore

bonesmahoney

Banned
Reaction score
Bro, if nicer clothes, cologne, and financing something better than a Nissan Sentra will send you into “massive debt” you don’t need to worry about women right now..
Bruh, if that's you in your avatar pic, you're gonna need chloroform instead of cologne to get a hot girl into bed smh.

But seriously, nice cars attract......dudes. If that's your preference, have at it.

Last edited:

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Thoughts?
Face> words, height and hair.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bruh, if that's you in your avatar pic, you're gonna need chloroform instead of cologne to get a hot girl into bed smh.

But seriously, nice cars attract......dudes. If that's your preference, have at it.
If you search I have a real life picture thread with better pictures of me, one of them you can even see a little bit of a d*ck print.. since you like rating guys looks. Might as well get a full scope of things.

Broke a$$ boy..

Status
Not open for further replies.