Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How important are a man's clothes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wondering, how important are a man's clothes to a woman?

I've never ever been big clothes guy. I dress sloppily and shop for new clothes every 3 years. Clothes have never ever got me the hot girl. My words and actions have got the girl faster than anything I'm wearing.

I got relatives that buy $3,500 - $5,000 suits. They dress impeccably and shop at the most expensive places. I shop at the Gap and Walmart. I have an expensive car, but I won't spend anything over $30 on clothes. I really don't think clothes matter. A man's words, height, and hair are the most important.

Thoughts?

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I've never ever been big clothes guy. I dress sloppily and shop for new clothes every 3 years. Clothes have never ever got me the hot girl. My words and actions have got the girl faster than anything I'm wearing.

I got relatives that buy $3,500 - $5,000 suits. They dress impeccably and shop at the most expensive places. I shop at the Gap and Walmart. I have an expensive car, but I won't spend anything over $30 on clothes. I really don't think clothes matter. A man's words, height, and hair are the most important.

Thoughts?
There is a lot of room between 30$ and 3500$ for an outfit.

You dont "need" good clothing, nor do you need an expensive car or hair, height, etc. ...... but it helps.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Clothes help for many reasons.

1)They give hints about your status and wealth.

2)They give hints about your harmony in your environment.

3)When you are dressed as a king you often convince yourself that you are one, the same happens the other way around.

Billtx49

Reaction score

Thoughts?
Your op is wrongly slanted toward only the clothing cost aspect. Clothes do make the man, but mostly in the sense of wearing a well coordinated ensemble and dressing appropriately for the occasion …
The man that dresses right radiates the message to others that he’s got his life and his social act together.
Sloppy don’t say that…

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really don't think clothes matter. A man's words, height, and hair are the most important.
As much as I love dressing stylish, I agree with this statement. Would add face too.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I do it different. I have a reliable, non-luxury brand car. I'm more inclined to spend on clothes. I wouldn't spend that much on suits because I don't have that many suit wearing occasions, pandemic or no pandemic.

Repairs and maintenance on car brands such as BMW and Porsche are costly. That's not going to happen with expensive clothes. They are not depreciating assets.

Women will see your clothes when determining attraction, unless you do are doing pickup at nude beaches. Women won't necessarily see your car.

@BadBoy89's attire choice may play well with whoever his target market is. I can see that plan working better with certain segments of the female audience than others.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your clothing and your style has to match your location.
How you dress in NYC would work well in Chicago or Toronto.
How you dress in NYC wouldn't work well in Kentucky.
How you dress in Kentucky wouldn't work well in Los Angeles.

I would have to say clothing on a man only reflects 38% of his appearance.
Your face and your body type stands out more. And then your hygiene comes next.
Your body language is also noticed before your clothing.
I have seen a lot media personalities and politicians with really nice suits, but poor body language.

Last edited:

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Extremely important, it’s probably the most underrated aspect of appearance on this forum.

Invest in quality designer clothes, that fit well. It’s a must. Top shelf cologne is also a must.

If you are hung up on cost, remember it’s better to have two pairs of $200 jeans then 10 pairs of $20 jeans.
You’ll have a $500 leather jacket for a decade ..
Need a nice watch.

The quality of designer clothes covers the cost.

Honestly bro, I’m not going to bullsh*t you, nice clothes, nice car, nice smelling cologne, nice watch all that sh*t matters. It sends a message, and it’s not even about what you can do for her financially, the message is im a f*cking winner.

Last edited:

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Overall , it is about maximizing yourself

one guy with good clothes will be more attractive than a guy that is sloppy

I would say that dressing nice will give you an edge , not as big as maximizing your natural looks , but still will give you an positive ROI

again , having style , does not mean that you have to pay a lot of money on clothes

TheProspect

Reaction score

My words and actions have got the girl faster than anything I'm wearing.
Clothes, and your appearance overall, along with how you carry yourself in those clothes, speak a lot for you before you even open your mouth.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Your clothing and your style has to match your location.
How you dress in NYC would work well in Chicago or Toronto.
How you dress in NYC wouldn't work well in Kentucky.
How you dress in Kentucky wouldn't work well in Los Angeles.
Yup. That’s why I cringe at the “X clothing items every man should own” videos. You have no idea about the climate and/or regional clothing styles for which the guy lives. So it’s hard to generalize.

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My opinion is that its far more important on the FITMENT of your clothes than the quality. I see these idiots with versace t shirts falling off them when a $25 H+M shirt that fit right looks better.

Same goes for suits. You can get a nice suit for $350 and a $80 tailor that looks monumentally better than a $2000 off the rack.

Men should always have one nice quality watch. Shoes are important as well for each occasion. I like cars so I always have a nice car but thats for me, not bitches.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady:

Yes it’s important. It’s important firstly because it sends the message (without you saying a word) that you care about yourself and that you understand matters of style and taste.

No elegant woman is going to be caught dead with a dude in Walmart threads.

A nice watch and a clean, well maintained car also make a difference. It sends a consistent non verbal message that you are well put together. For YOU. If you are into cars and can afford a nice one? By all means. But you do that for you. I drive an indefensibly expensive car. But every time I crank the engine it puts a smile on my face. And sometimes if something is bugging me? I take the top down, get a little speed therapy and I feel better. I feel blessed. But you don’t do those things for dating purposes or to impress other people.

You do them for you. For your happiness and joy.

If cost is an issue or you are a cost conscious person look into high end consignment stores or even EBay if you know your size in something. You can look like a million bucks in very expensive threads at a deep discount doing that.

My son loves to dress well. A few months ago we found a Prada suit $2000-&3000 retail, at a high end consignment place. Got him a dress shirt, and matching tie. Total outlay was roughly $250. He gets fitted at the tailor next week now that she has done the alterations. That bill will run several hundred because we got the suit, a cut velvet Versace smoking jacket bought deeply on sale at Neimans and the dress shirt all custom fit. He will look high end bespoke once the tailor is done. For a fraction of the cost. He understands great shoes too. He will look sick in those clothes and it makes him feel really good to know he looks really good.

That’s the thing. When you look great, you feel great. And feeling great translates to your vibe, which people around you feel.

It’s a much bigger thing than the clothes themselves.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A sharp watch can accentuate literally any outfit - casual or otherwise.

bonesmahoney

Banned
Reaction score
message, and it’s not even about what you can do for her financially, the message is im a f*cking winner.
The message is, you're dumb enough to get into massive debt to try to impress some skank ass hoe.

Last edited:

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i disagree about being in massive debt over this. i have a pair of $200 jeans, pair of some designer hoodies/t shirts, and top shelf cologne (I see no reason to splash cash on a car tho). and i work a barely above minimum wage job. nowhere close to being in debt. with a higher paying job, this shouldn't be an issue for anyone.

MoMoses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thoughts?
A few years ago I got the idea in my head that wearing a suit and tie would get me more chicks or at least more good looking ones. I looked like a million bucks and got a lot of compliments from both men and women. Hey, ZZ Top said it: Every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man, right?

Yeah, funny story but no. My results even went down

Why was that? I was looking as sharp as razor and had fairly good game. Had a nice cologne on, matching shoes.

I just wasn't feeling it myself. That's why. And women picked up on it. I wasn't portaiting confidence anymore, or less confidence. Maybe even false confidence. I was less into the moment. Less myself. Less spontaneous and more conscious about my surroundings and myself. This affected my game in a negative way.

After a few weeks I went back to my normal look. Just jeans, sneakers, a decent shirt or pullover and an unshaven face. I immediately started pulling more women again, including a pretty hot one that turned me down when I was still dressed like John Gotti.

Nice clothes can definitely work, but the most important things will always be what you are radiating, if you know what I mean? Your vibe. Your aura. You.

Bring energy. Bring joy. Present yourself as all of these things and you're at your best when you are doing this in the clothes you are most comfortable in.

Just my experience guys. I'm not changing again. Yeah, a few weeks ago some girl tried to give me shiit for wearing cheap clothes (she was all gucci and armani). Didn't care, didn't explain myself. Told her I went to store the other day, found me a shirt that looked good on me and bought that same shirt 10 times in 7 different colours. She laughed and thought I was joking.

I wasn't :)

Status
Not open for further replies.