Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How far to push when she says "i have a boyfreind"

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I previously used to give up when a girl would mention a boyfreind, but recently I expereimented with disregarding the statement and proceeding as if she said nothing, or saying " I dont give a ****" or even "your boyfreind is a loser and you know it" and though I have not gotten a number yet after this, I can see the girls interest peak after I blatantly disregard the statement. I have occasionally had a boyfreind actually walk up, at which point I politely leave.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Push hard. Use a boyfriend destroyer line or two. I'll keep pushing after I hear that, which is rare. I haven't gotten the "IHAB" line much in the past 7-10 years. I figured women were getting more sophisticated with excuse making.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women who are in committed relationships and have no intention of cheating do not put themselves in situations where they can get hit on in the first place (with some exceptions). If you talk to a girl who acts like she's single and then claims she has a BF, she's probably lying:

1) She is simply not interested and is soft rejecting you
2) She is shvt testing you, she may or may not have one, but wants to see how you'll react

Last edited:

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women who are in committed relationships and have no intention of cheating do not put themselves in situations where they can get hit on in the first place (with some exceptions). If you talk to a girl who acts like she's single and then claims she has a BF, she's probably lying:

1) She is simply not interested and is soft rejecting you
2) She is shvt testing you, she may or may not have one, but wants to see how you'll react
I will keep this in mind.

Push hard. Use a boyfriend destroyer line or two. I'll keep pushing after I hear that, which is rare. I haven't gotten the "IHAB" line much in the past 7-10 years. I figured women were getting more sophisticated with excuse making.
It is still very common. I don't do lines to get past it. I act like I didn't hear anything or say "I could care less" What about when they say they are married ? Check for a ring ?

How hard do you like to push a girl to give you her number when it is quite clear she is into you ?

Last edited:

logicallefty

Reaction score
If the chick tells me anything about the BF I will reply “Sounds like a decent guy. If you ever give him the boot he can hang with me, sounds like he would be a good wing man for me”. Chicks don’t know how to respond to this. It completely derails them.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sh!t test or not, it's a c0ckblock.
A girl that's highly attracted to you would not throw a c0ckblock in your direction.

Pushing past this sh!t test or the truth of an actual boyfriend goes back to the days of the Mystery Method.
It's ancient PUA tactics in my opinion.
It's in the same ballpark as peacocking or negging.

I see it at as an uphill battle and a total waste of time.

Last edited:

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A girl that's highly attracted to you would not throw a c0ckblock in your direction.

Pushing past this sh!t test or the truth of an actual boyfriend goes back to the days of the Mystery Method.

Agreed we don't live in that era anymore ,

However about a year ago i did come across a IHAB i kind of got stuck with her because my friend was chatting up her freind

I pushed aggressively she wasn't having any of it ( in a playful way) then i just stopped and went to chat to some other girls

She really didn't like this and then started chasing me !

We kissed a bit and i played with her pu$$y under the table in a club but then left it at that and we never spoke again

still not sure if she did actually have a boyfriend :rofl:

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

As I mentioned, when I plainly do not give a **** about any boyfreind, the girls will look at me in a different way. It clearly gains some respect and a good smile from them.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I still think it's good to push hard and rattle her psychologically a bit. The boyfriend destroyer lines are good options.

I agree on the cocckblock idea though.

I have used the boyfriend destroyer lines on very few occasions and I have had zero positive outcomes with the lines. The only thing you do show using boyfriend destroyer lines is that you aren't a beta male and that you have some backbone.

momentomori

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've plowed through in the past, sometimes I get a positive reaction, often times a negative reaction and I just feel bad. These days I just walk off and leave it alone. If your in a public place where there are no security guards go for it, but if you're in a mall or something where you could get kicked out then tread lightly.

However, if she says something wishy-washy like "I'm kind of seeing someone" then I will push back and say "kinda" seeing someone?!

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yeah, I would agree with this. If she had a BF she'd still cheat with some Chad, or else she wouldn't be out and about in a place where guys can hit on her.

On another note I've come to think that most shvt testing is not a good thing. I used to think the opposite and it's a sign they're potentially interested and simply making sure you're the real deal. However... when a women really likes a man she will keep the shvt testing to a minimum out of respect and fear of it potentially backfiring and causing him to lose interest.

roaming shark

Don Juan
Reaction score
95% of the time this is a hard rejection. But it’s worth ignoring and amplify to see

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have used the boyfriend destroyer lines on very few occasions and I have had zero positive outcomes with the lines.
yeah, unsurprisingly they don't work haha.
'how long have you had that problem?', 'I don't wanna be your boyfriend' ,'that's cool. Anyway, can I get your no', 'Maybe it's time for someone better, 'I don't remember asking' etc etc etc.
All lines in various PUA courses for use with the boyfriend objection line.

I can count on half a hand the number of times i've seen them 'work'...kind of, in infields etc

In reality, she basically isn't even gonna say that if she is into you lol. And your fancy bf destroyer line is certainly not gonna cut any ice if she isn't! The only actual 'boyfriend destroyer' is her thinking you are more attractive than him

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have used the boyfriend destroyer lines on very few occasions and I have had zero positive outcomes with the lines. The only thing you do show using boyfriend destroyer lines is that you aren't a beta male and that you have some backbone.
yeah, unsurprisingly they don't work haha.
'how long have you had that problem?', 'I don't wanna be your boyfriend' ,'that's cool. Anyway, can I get your no', 'Maybe it's time for someone better, 'I don't remember asking' etc etc etc.
All lines in various PUA courses for use with the boyfriend objection line.

I can count on half a hand the number of times i've seen them 'work'...kind of, in infields etc

In reality, she basically isn't even gonna say that if she is into you lol. And your fancy bf destroyer line is certainly not gonna cut any ice if she isn't! The only actual 'boyfriend destroyer' is her thinking you are more attractive than him
I have not gotten IHAB'ed much at all after 2010 and never IHAB'ed in day game. The women that I've approached within the last 5-10 years have been getting more sophisticated in their excuse making when not interested. Perhaps I haven't been getting the IHAB because women can sense my game is sophisticated and I will push back on the IHAB. I actually thought the IHAB was dead. I got IHAB'ed in the 2000s a bunch. It happened enough to be annoying so I found my way to learning the boyfriend destroyer lines. I haven't had to use them much as I said above.

Every time that you get an IHAB, you must push back with a "boyfriend destroyer line". The IHAB line is an earlier version of Last Minute Resistance. Even if the boyfriend destroyer line doesn't work, you're still building your own game and showing that you are not a docile beta male. That's why I encourage to push back hard on IHAB. It probably won't work but there is a small chance that it will. I agree with you that the best way to get a woman with a boyfriend is her thinking you are the more attractive optiom.

The infield video taken below in April-May 2021 shows that the IHAB is still alive

I counted him getting IHAB'ed 3 times in that video.

IHAB #1: In the approach from 7:30-8:30, the guy did a good approach on the tall-ish woman (I'd estimate she was in the 5'7"-5'8" range) on an urban residential street as he approached her from the front. Overall, this is an approach was worth doing. Opened with "Hey, sorry, this is random but I thought you were very pretty." Yes, no shiit, she is attractive. But not "very pretty". He could have opened if he had nothing based on the tie dye and black pair of shorts she selected. If he opened with "I'm impressed with the pattern and colors on the shorts you're wearing. What made you choose to buy that pair of shorts compared to others you might have seen that day?", then you have some basis for the beginning of an extended conversation. Some women would give an unimpressive answer, which means she's not at all interested or has a bad personality, neither of which is good. Then, you can transition the conversation thread to a frame like Roosh's GALNUC from "Day Bang" or some other topical thread that would lead to a date agreement in approximately 5 minutes of talking (if going well) or the conversation fizzles out before the ask of a date. One of the reasons a conversation can fizzle out before the ask of a date is that the woman has a boyfriend. A lot of women with boyfriends are not talkative because they don't need to socialize when they are actively receiving penis. That was a shiit approach on all levels because he opened with pedestalization and asked for a number within 1 minute (unless video was edited). The boyfriend she cites may or may not be real, I'm less inclined to think this boyfriend was real. He got the IHAB here based on lack of interest.

IHAB #2
: The woman at 5:49-6:52 was alone on a park/street bench and had an open space next to her. Unfortunately, her face was in her phone at the beginning of the approach, indicating that she's occupied with something else and not open to being approached. Women without boyfriends are not going to have their face down in a phone on a park bench if they are serious about meeting men. Everything about her pre-approach behavior indicated that this wasn't an approach worth doing. I think this one had a real boyfriend based on her body language.

IHAB #3
: The approach from 20:31 to 22:16 was done on Dallas' most notable walking path for daygame. I have daygamed this location many times. There have been times I've done 2 hour approach sessions on weekends on this walking path and approached no one simply because there were no valid approach opportunities. This walking path has both sufficient foot traffic and demographically targeted traffic. Most women on this path are 21-34 and unmarried. However, the biggest problem with this path is the overuse of headphones/earbuds. There are way too many yuppie, college educated White women using headphones/earbuds on this path. The guy in the video approached too many women wearing earbuds, including the one at 20:31-22:16. She was nice about the rejection as a lot of Dallas women will be if the guy is reasonably good looking. She did say at 22:07 that she was "kinda seeing someone" so that tells me she has a weak, early stage relationship and that the guy approaching had weak game. This is not demonstrating higher value. A guy with the right game could have converted this opportunity, but that threshold would be high. Overall, this was not an approach worth doing because of the earbuds.

20Humble5050

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say that whether to bail on the girl or not in this situation depends on a number of factors. If she hits you with the "boyfriend" line before you even get a chance to say anything that is unambiguously flirtatious or escalating, or immediately names the guy and/or elaborates on who he is, forget about it. But if she lets you flirt with her for a long time before telling you that, or even better, actively flirts with you, or better still, only mentions her boyfriend for the first time after you've gotten her number and are pushing for a date, she's fair game. In between these two extremes, where the girl is not too flirtatious but friendly and not standoffish either, I'd personally be inclined to push harder in a nightgame setting only.

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say that whether to bail on the girl or not in this situation depends on a number of factors. If she hits you with the "boyfriend" line before you even get a chance to say anything that is unambiguously flirtatious or escalating, or immediately names the guy and/or elaborates on who he is, forget about it. But if she lets you flirt with her for a long time before telling you that, or even better, actively flirts with you, or better still, only mentions her boyfriend for the first time after you've gotten her number and are pushing for a date, she's fair game. In between these two extremes, where the girl is not too flirtatious but friendly and not standoffish either, I'd personally be inclined to push harder in a nightgame setting only.
I probably have more or less the same framework in my head, although tbh, I don't even really need her to give me the bf line to know where I stand. I feel like experience has taught me to know whether I have a shot with a girl (she's attracted) or not in less than 5 seconds of opening my mouth nowadays.

Besides, as was mentioned, the line itself has maybe fell out of fashion somewhat. Most girls, at least here, will more or less flat out ignore you and look at you like you are on fire when you open her in a bar and she's not interested

M

member160292

I found any woman who wants to pursue anything with you will not mention her boyfriend until later on. It may come up when she has already made up her mind to bang. I take the IHAB line as her not seeing enough value in me and it's time to move on.

My intention isn't to screw over a poor schmuck just to get laid, and any woman who cheats is not relationship/plate material