Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do you think you'd fair in a different generation?

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find it interesting that standards change over time, sometimes drastically

In the 50's and 60's the swarthy look was big. All the James Bond's, Elvis and Marlon Brando killed it. But today? Not so much. Tall blonde Chad seems to do better

I guess Blacks would have had a hard time before 1969 but now do quite well too.

Myself I really suit the beard and hipster stuff, so I fell lucky in a way. My father grew up in a time when people did not fully shave their heads so when he began balding in the 1970's he spent a decade looking like krusty the clown. Yet today, slick bald is quite normal

And to end on a funnier note, believe it or not, in ancient times small d!cks were much preferred and considered elegant, that's why Greek statues depict them as small

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

In the 50's and 60's the swarthy look was big. All the James Bond's, Elvis and Marlon Brando killed it. But today? Not so much. Tall blonde Chad seems to do better

I guess Blacks would have had a hard time before 1969 but now do quite well too.

Myself I really suit the beard and hipster stuff, so I fell lucky in a way. My father grew up in a time when people did not fully shave their heads so when he began balding in the 1970's he spent a decade looking like krusty the clown. Yet today, slick bald is quite normal

And to end on a funnier note, believe it or not, in ancient times small d!cks were much preferred and considered elegant, that's why Greek statues depict them as small
They had small flaccids. They never showed erect c0cks.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m probably better now because had I not been born in the era that I’m in, I would not have struggled in such a perfect way that would prompt me to improve myself to the extent that I have. Had I been born even 1 year later or one year earlier, I would not be who I am today. My struggles were perfect in balance, being neither too little nor too much. Praise God. I am who I am because of Him.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'd say Elvis would still do pretty well today. He has the IDGAF personality, and his music skills would still make vaginas wet. I get that nowdays, the buff athlete type is "in" but Elvis definitely had swag.

cheyne

Banned
Reaction score
In the old days, you could score a fairly hot girl by just wearing a suit lol

Girls physical standards have gone through the roof in comparison to their previous looks threshold. I guess the result of social media and tinder and smartphones and just being exposed to so many genetically superior men that they feel they deserve

Young Elvis and Brando would do fine today. Handsome dudes.

James Bond? Guess it depends on which one. Wasn't Roget moore's one like in his 50's and banging loads of 19 year olds or something? lol. Nowadays, that would only happen if he was running serious sugar daddy game (basically the same as using hookers) or if he went to South East Asia to get laid

Glassguy

Reaction score
The game today would still work back then IF a person had the social skills to pull it off. Now people hide behind text and phone/computer screens and act as if they have social skills but in reality they have none.

The platform is different. Social media, OLD, etc. Back then it was all about face to face approach. If a person can take advantage of talking to a woman one on one in today's world, they would be fine in those recent times too.

Also consider this- that was a time when women were much more loyal, had fewer options because the world really was smaller so to speak and they were MUCH more submissive than the average woman today.

So it was much easier to get a woman and keep a woman back then as long as there was mutual sexual attraction.

The actual face to face game hasnt changed much but its played in an entirely different venue these days. Thats the real difference that has effected the woman's behavior in today's dating terms.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No matter the era, most people are followers (they adopt the attitude / dress the part that is dictated by the era).

And further... those that are impressionable, will either cling to their formative years era (and later appear outdated and 'not with the times' ) or change like the weather and appear more like a chameleon than having any solid foundation.

No matter the era, women will always be consistent in one way. They desire men that are more self-defined and respected ... than a guy that is trendy and accepted.

The above is not intended as an insult to anyone here and (hopefully) not to be taken personally.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Let's see ... my equally short father was on a date when he met and got the digits for my mother. Yes, I think I would have been as successful as him - and he as unsuccessful as me in my era. :mad:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think d!cks in the flaccid state being small was considered elegant. They still idolized d!cks being pretty big when at attention. Here is an article about mrgoodstuff's avatar:

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My game is much stronger and "kill rate" much higher that guys younger than me because I got my dating chops in an era where there was no internet or OLD.

If you wanted to date a girl, you...wait for it...you actually walked up to her and asked her out--in person. The horror!!! lol. Many of these girls you saw at bars and parties, chatted up a bit, and then got their number. Some were from social circles but not many. 80% was cold approach only.

So, to the confident, assertive, and daring went the spoils--and the girl. The introverted shy guys back then were out of luck and never got laid as they lacked the guts to approach and risk getting shot down. I remember a couple of guys friends that were good-looking guys but never got laid because they never approached. Girls would approach them and the guys would dance on their d*ick with golf shoes, it was actually hilarious. One of the best pick-up guys I knew was probably a man's version of a HB5--but he was really smooth and used the calm, sensitive, but direct approach. I had a high kill rate but his may have even been a bit higher. It was--and still is--in the approach and attitude.

Now, 90% of the dating crowd hides behind their computer or phone. How "daring or risky" is that? LOL

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, if this was the 70s, the decade I was born then the economy would have been better with more full time jobs around and it is not as messed up as after the Free Trade Agreements of the 80s, and offshoring and you didn't have the internet then my chances of finding someone decent and starting a family probably would be higher. This is also after the civil rights movement but before the war on drugs and unjust mass incarceration of Blacks/minorities to undermine and even reverse all of that progress, so there would be less racial oppression or ignorance compared to decades before, and afterwards, and things are modernizing. This could be a sweet-spot decade. If more men had great jobs and women had difficulty finding work and needed men to support them and you didn't have online hypergamy then more women out there would need men or won't have unrealistic hypergamous expectations/become cratered alpha widows? So I think society as a whole was more sound in the 70s compared to today.

cheyne

Banned
Reaction score
Now, 90% of the dating crowd hides behind their computer or phone. How "daring or risky" is that? LOL
I only cold approach in person, personally, although I can certainly see why people just use apps and OLD nowadays.

Time efficient, for one. You can swipe tonnes of girls without wasting time on girls who would never be into you in a cold approach (you're not her physical type)

Also, many girls are way too anti social and stuff now to the point that they find it super weird when they are cold approached, and you'd probably have better chances trying your luck DMing her on insta or something lol (just the world many young girls live in now)

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only cold approach in person, personally, although I can certainly see why people just use apps and OLD nowadays.

Time efficient, for one. You can swipe tonnes of girls without wasting time on girls who would never be into you in a cold approach (you're not her physical type)

Also, many girls are way too anti social and stuff now to the point that they find it super weird when they are cold approached, and you'd probably have better chances trying your luck DMing her on insta or something lol (just the world many young girls live in now)
Yeah, people's attitudes have changed a lot. I do think women under 40 think cold approaching in public like a Starbucks or supermarket is strange and many may even think you're a psychopath. In bars it's a little different and acceptable.

I use OLD because I'm so damn busy and as you get older your social circle shrinks and you don't go looking for girls in bars and clubs.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Would you have tapped Mae West?

This video doesn't really convey her intense sexuality, and the soundtrack of her singing as an old bag doesn't help. You have to see her talking and looking at men to get an idea of the incredible "animal magnetism" she had, to use a phrase from her era. Everything from the way she looked at you to her vocal inflections conveyed sexuality.

Would tap.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The old west. Slaying puzz after a revolver battle is epic shyt.
I love revolvers and the old saloons.
Woman understood a man "taking her"
Not this "can we have sex tonight honey" generation.
Pathetic
You can get "me tood" for "taking" it. Plus feminism wants to take charge of sexual engagement. Ie you aren't "taking" shyt! In my system a woman who doesn't like me to "take" it is simply not compatible. I won't force no one to do things they don't want to do.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hard to say, I'm calibrated to current times and had the most success in my mid 20s till now.

I would have no success at all in eras where commitment was necessary to get girls, that is something I really cant adapt to.