Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do you guys stay consistent with workout or running/cardio routines?

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wish there was a good way to wake up and constantly be slammed by motivation and all the reasons why I need to work on myself.
There isn't.

Discipline makes it happen, not motivation.
Also you need to treat the gym like work meaning if you are there to to train for one hour then frigging do the work for just one hour then get the fuuark out of there. Meanwhile don't use your cellphone, turn off all notifications etc and dont browse social media, internet or anything alike. That's what most people do in the gym hence they have no greater results.

They spend more on their frigging cellphone than actually training and doing the work. That is the losers way of doing it.

Actually the best thing you can do is to leave your phone at home and use a mp3 player instead because that cannot distract you in any way possible.

Personally I use a Apple iPod myself which I have loaded with music and training programs from Nike and it also carries the benefit of its lighter than phone, plus if one drops it it won´t break (and a iPod/mp3 player is much cheaper to replace too) which cannot be said about a smartphone...

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have conditioned myself to just do it no matter how I feel. Once I start I am usually surprised how well that workout goes. As for rest I go 12-16 weeks before taking an entire week off and even on those weeks off I am usually logging over 30-40 miles of running and walking.
It is pretty rare but in my younger days I suffered from severe over training. So I know when it’s coming and it’s actually a long process. The first symptom is usually pretty severe moodiness.... sleep starts to struggle and at rest my heart will race... if I notice this for a few days I will stop everything, and plan a week off for recovery.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Cardio is mostly unnecessary. You can train lifting in ways that act as a resistance training workout and cardio session at once by lessening your break time between sets.

At best cardio is inefficient, at worst it will rob your muscle gains.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cardio is mostly unnecessary. You can train lifting in ways that act as a resistance training workout and cardio session at once by lessening your break time between sets.

At best cardio is inefficient, at worst it will rob your muscle gains.
I disagree with this. Cardio has athletic application. Few bodybuilders can run further than a mile. Few people can sprint quickly or sprint for an extended length (longer than 10 seconds).

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I Think it was James Clear that said to never miss 2 days in a row. Sometimes you may need more rest than that.
I need to get back onto working out seriously.

I was doing great the first 6 months of the pandemic because i have a good home gym. But then the nastiness started with my wife.. and i've stopped the serious workouts for about 6 months. I am starting back real slowly.. daily walks and a tiny bit of lifting.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I disagree with this. Cardio has athletic application. Few bodybuilders can run further than a mile. Few people can sprint quickly or sprint for an extended length (longer than 10 seconds).
Depends what you define as cardio. Most of the time when people say this it's long sessions of running or on the elliptical.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I define it as running, swimming, bike riding, hiking, dancing, etc. They are all highly beneficial activities.
I'd generally agree with that. It becomes negative to muscle building when you do too much and it puts the body in a catabolic state.

TB24

Don Juan
Reaction score
As PowerQuest already said: Discipline is more important than motivation. The key is to make it a habit. You have to come to a point where skipping a scheduled workout seems unnatural. Like you don't wake up in the morning and ask whether you should go to work or not. You do it, because it's part of your lifestyle. It's no conscious decision, it's a routine. Maybe something like 75hard helps you to build this routine.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only advice I can give is that less is more. If you go too hard you'll get burnt out and irritated. Exercise is way more fun if you only you do it at 100% capacity.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I hit an extended period of consistency, the magic number for me is 3 times a week.

For some reason, I need the gym. I am much more consistent if it becomes a routine of leaving my house vs. working out at home with distractions everywhere.

Ultimately, it is all discipline. It must become a habit.

Habits are powerful.

Example:At work I normally get out of my car, grab my tool backpack, and walk onto the site. Today I went by this site to just drop some packages off. No need to carry my toolbag. Guess what I carried out of that parking garage and what I forgot?

Last edited:

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have conditioned myself to just do it no matter how I feel. Once I start I am usually surprised how well that workout goes. As for rest I go 12-16 weeks before taking an entire week off and even on those weeks off I am usually logging over 30-40 miles of running and walking.
It is pretty rare but in my younger days I suffered from severe over training. So I know when it’s coming and it’s actually a long process. The first symptom is usually pretty severe moodiness.... sleep starts to struggle and at rest my heart will race... if I notice this for a few days I will stop everything, and plan a week off for recovery.
Some of my best results have been when absolutely did not feel like working out.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A dog who likes to run
A written plan with Recovery runs, Intervals, Social runs with friends, and Long runs each week.
A race to train for
The 15 minute minimum. "I don't feel like running but I will give it 15 minutes. If I still feel BLAH I'll turn around" Best on Out and Back courses, Usually you get an endorphin rush at 15 min or less. Worst case scenario you walk it in.
Running on trails.
Running with Pace Booty
Music on my solo runs
Set aside 30 minutes each day dedicated to some outside movement. Could be a walk, hike, bike ride, dog walk etc
Buy real good shoes from a dedicated running store and get new ones before they are totally trashed.
Stretching and massage.