"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

How do we handle compliments?

Medina

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2019
Messages
862
Reaction score
1,543
I've never been quite sure how to handle compliments when or if they arrive (it's rare)

For example yesterday I was tagged in a video on FB singing and playing guitar on stage

This peaked attention at work and compliments from women in particular came knocking

My "natural" reaction to situations like this is to say something like "I bet you covered your ears!"

And to generally DOWNPLAY the compliment. Same goes for other praises too, like clothes etc

Good way to go? Any thoughts on this?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
6,557
Age
69
Location
The 7th Dimension
I prefer a "Thanks very much" and then a followup question, depending on the nature of the compliment, like, "What in particular did you like the most?" if it's about a performance, for example.

Never ever play down a compliment or be self-effacing. Accept it with confidence.
 

Trump

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
3,000
Reaction score
1,669
You probably cant say anything magical that will make them take off their clothes and have sex with you right there in the office.

Say “thanks” and move on.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
I’m c0cky as hell about it. All done with a big grin, though.

I’ll follow up a lot of compliments with, “I know, right?!” or, “Yeah, I get that all of the time”.

You’re right. I am pretty awesome. Etc.

So long as they know I’m just joking, works for me 90+% of the time.
This works extremely well with a sly smile.

Confidence will see it through.
 

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
Just “thank you” is nice, but it’s fvcking boring. I save that for grandma when she tells me I’m handsome.
This should be in every man's psyche.

I could straight up size a man up when he's humble (and that's not good) but will need time to do the same for a c0cky man - that is the advantages of being c0cky and it's good.
 

Trump

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
3,000
Reaction score
1,669
I’m c0cky as hell about it. All done with a big grin, though.

I’ll follow up a lot of compliments with, “I know, right?!” or, “Yeah, I get that all of the time”.

You’re right. I am pretty awesome. Etc.

So long as they know I’m just joking, works for me 90+% of the time.
Bro I know you (and Spaz) get laid like a rockstar, but to me that’s not ****y, that’s conceited and turns people off.

Girl: “Hey, you were pretty good last night.”
Guy: “I know I was, right?”

Girl: “Hey, you were pretty good last night.”
Guy: “Thanks, let’s go grab and coffee and discuss more.”

Maybe it’s the *way* you say it?
 

fanatic22

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2018
Messages
416
Reaction score
329
Bro I know you (and Spaz) get laid like a rockstar, but to me that’s not ****y, that’s conceited and turns people off.

Girl: “Hey, you were pretty good last night.”
Guy: “I know I was, right?”

Girl: “Hey, you were pretty good last night.”
Guy: “Thanks, let’s go grab and coffee and discuss more.”

Maybe it’s the *way* you say it?
You aren’t actually being c0cky, you’re being playful.

Girl: “Hey you were pretty good last night.”
Guy: “Pretty good? You mean I blew you away.” *smile*

It’s pretty much just the same hyperbolic sh1t talking you do with your friends, except with a flirty spin.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2018
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
3,272
Age
50
Not being able to take a compliment makes you look insecure, not confident, and low-value. Always accept compliments confidently.

Many people believe that being humble means downplaying or deflecting compliments but that is not the case. Being humble is not going around the office proactively showing everyone the picture of you on stage. But if someone sees it on their own and compliments you, then you absolutely should accept it. I like Amante's strategy, but that isn't quite my personality so it might come off poorly if I did it. I just smile and say, "Thanks! I appreciate that."
 

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
6,557
Age
69
Location
The 7th Dimension
In cases like compliments, each man's personality will dictate what works for him.

I think the main takeaway though is that we should always accept compliments confidently, with never even a hint of embarrassment.
 

Chalet

New Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2019
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Just say thank you then move on any questions regarding the compliment is Approval seeking behavior
 

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
6,557
Age
69
Location
The 7th Dimension
For a man of wisdom, a compliment can be steered to her talking herself into being wildly attracted to you. It's all what you say after the compliment, or rather, what you get her to say.
 

Medina

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2019
Messages
862
Reaction score
1,543
Girl - I saw a video of you playing on fb and wow!
Me - Did you cover your ears?
Girl - No you are so talented!
Me - Thanks a lot

That's how it went with the best girl of interest and I think I did OK. A good mix.

It's not my personality to be c0cky and I can see it back-firing if not careful

Edit - Although on reflection I could have spiced things up by saying "Come round mine I'll teach you a chord or two" or "Why don't I give you a private showing" lololol nah well
 
Last edited:

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Roober

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
2,372
Reaction score
2,120
Just say whatever fits your style and the occasion. I'll often use sarcasm similar to what @Amante Silvestre described, but then sometimes just a simple thanks.

At work, I tend to be more humble. With women or friends, I tend to be more sarcastic or some ridiculous response.

I would advise against speaking negatively to a compliment (unless its blatant sarcasm), as it reeks of insecurity. You are better off not responding at all.
 

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
1,406
Age
37
Location
So Cal
Anytime someone gives a compliment;
1. own it completely and escalate further
2. say thanks
3. hold eye contact, switch the emphasis to then and ask them something to engage them.

Really depends on the context of the situation and with who it is. There isn’t a one encompassing answer. Thank you is the safest
 

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 5, 2017
Messages
801
Reaction score
890
Age
48
Agree and Amplify in a cawky way. I have used “Do you want my autograph now or later” line a few times with success.
 

Murk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
3,322
Age
37
Location
London
A simple thanks
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top