How do we date or find our mate in this pandemic?

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
Focus on improving yourself until the pandemic ends, it might be another year but that's plenty of time to get fit and get your finances in order.

Learn a new skill and tske up reading, don't waste this time.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry if this post has been mentioned before, I haven’t been here since a couple of years.

Post a link if this topic has been discussed already.
I hot on baeeeeees and I take my D out.

amaterasu

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you need to meet new women, that's a big challenge right now. I encourage outdoor pickup. Many areas are cold right now and outdoor pickup is much more challenging. Masks make indoor pickup at grocery stores and the mall much more difficult. I haven't been inside of a mall since the pandemic started.

Going from initial interaction to date is another challenge. A lot of typical date venues have been severely impacted by the pandemic. Either some kind of activity date or a home date is the best option. The home date is easier to set up if initial interactions are done through some in person means rather than remotely/assisted by tech.

The people in the mating environment that have been hurt the most by the pandemic are people without permanent relationships and/or those marginally attached. The people who had long term relationships going into the pandemic and/or lived with their partners were given a massive advantage since they wouldn't have to deal with any of this early stage shiit. It is astounding to me that even a lot of relationships are cratering in the pandemic.

The only people I've had sex with since the pandemic started are women I had sex with prior to the pandemic. Starting new things during a pandemic is quite difficult in my experience.
Deym, this is difficult.

amaterasu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Focus on improving yourself until the pandemic ends, it might be another year but that's plenty of time to get fit and get your finances in order.

Learn a new skill and tske up reading, don't waste this time.
yep ive done that.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Learn a new skill and take up reading, don't waste this time.
I'd expect 2021 to be messy from a finding new mate perspective. COVID will end up being a 2 year jail sentence for most single men.

I'd spend the next year resolving issues. Get in good physical shape and get in good mental health shape. 2 years in jail is tough so seeing a mental health professional could be good if needed.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a different perspective on this. We are all human beings and have needs. Some of us have a lower risk tolerance than others and those are the ones that are going to come out of the woodwork and do their thing regardless of this pandemic. Or even the ones that are careful will eventually suffer pandemic fatigue and do what they may not have a few months ago. I'm talking on both sides of the pond here.

Will it be harder? yes in many ways. Options in girls will be lower, Venues to hang out will be lower or restricted, Even first date/meet demeanors may change or be stunted.

Just some real feedback: 3 girls that I went out with during the pandemic and have slept with all said they are glad they took the risk of getting Covid to meet me. Let that simmer in and let it change your perspective that girls are no different than guys in wanting to meet up regardless of the pandemic.

As long as you're on top of your game, market yourself out there(social circle, OLD, day approach), and are persistent and optimistic and not let fear imprison you, there are girls out there that want to go out with you regardless of the pandemic situation.

But of course if you want to just concentrate on the doom and gloom situations and give up, you've already lost. Just my $.02