How do some people go from friends-->dating?

Exhumed

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm wondering how some people become good friends with a girl, and start hooking up and whatnot months later...I've seen people say that it's simply because their relationship never reached past a certain point, both were flirting the whole time, etc. but it sounds like an incomplete answer...how can an average (not super alpha, not AFC) guy become friends with a girl and just kind of stumble into a relationship by accident? Surely every time this happens there's not a guy saying "Okay, I'm going to take this step by step, six months from now I should be in her pants!" or some sort of PUA-esque transformation going on.

I'm not trying to make this sort of thing happen, there's no specific girl in mind, I'm just kind of wondering what your take is on it.

Ridingthelightning

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If there is attraction at all then you can move out of friend zone. I don't care what the major consensus is on this board is, it can be done and I've done it multiple times.
I think the attraction has to be there, and you can build attraction much in the same way you build it with some chick you've never met.
I've been told by my female friends that I'm attractive. That automatically gives me leverage.
If a female finds you attractive then you can move into a nonfriend direction, but! you might lose a friend by doing so. If she finds you attractive great, but if a girl has put you in a friendzone you will have to break down the walls of that all-the-while building the nonfriend comfortable park bench.

starplayer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The way i see it there is no "Friend Zone" as girls make there out to be, ie. "we're such good friends and i don't want to ruin our friendship". The friend zone is just an excuse; somewhere she puts guys she's not sexually attracted to but would not like to completely cut out of her life (for reasons such as attention, gifts, emotional support, etc.) or just to let the guy down easy.

If a girl is attracted to one of her guy "friends", 9 times out of 10 it's the guy who was the upper hand in the friendship. He's usually a player type who flirts with loads of girls and might have a girlfriend - he is NOT a loser AFC nice guy.

Like ridingthelightning said, there has to be attraction. I've had it before with female friends and there was a ton of sexual tension between us. If a girl starts getting sexual feelings for a guy friend, she won't give a sh!t about ruining the friendship - she'll just wanna ride his c0ck all night long.

moneyisking

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
starplayer said:
The way i see it there is no "Friend Zone" as girls make there out to be, ie. "we're such good friends and i don't want to ruin our friendship". The friend zone is just an excuse; somewhere she puts guys she's not sexually attracted to but would not like to completely cut out of her life (for reasons such as attention, gifts, emotional support, etc.) or just to let the guy down easy.

If a girl is attracted to one of her guy "friends", 9 times out of 10 it's the guy who was the upper hand in the friendship. He's usually a player type who flirts with loads of girls and might have a girlfriend - he is NOT a loser AFC nice guy.

Like ridingthelightning said, there has to be attraction. I've had it before with female friends and there was a ton of sexual tension between us. If a girl starts getting sexual feelings for a guy friend, she won't give a sh!t about ruining the friendship - she'll just wanna ride his c0ck all night long.

bro that is what i am saying. thank you. i hate when girls say friendship bull sh*t. that is metaphorically saying "i don't want to offer my body for you to fvck, but i still like to boost MY ego and look like i have a lot of friends around. I am drama b*tch so i need many ppl around me. sorry you can't do me, but i like gift and attention you're giving me. bye"

thats what bitc*es do, and i hate it. i see NO girl as my friend. Absolutely none, and that's b/c if i can't get what i want out of her, why the fvck should i invest MY time, My energy, and give My attention to her when i can't even tab that azz. good point

thecurtainfalls

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
moneyisking said:
thats what bitc*es do, and i hate it. i see NO girl as my friend. Absolutely none, and that's b/c if i can't get what i want out of her, why the fvck should i invest MY time, My energy, and give My attention to her when i can't even tab that azz. good point
Hmmm... good luck with that approach to life :whistle:

moneyisking

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thecurtainfalls said:
Hmmm... good luck with that approach to life :whistle:
don't get me wrong. i talk to a lot of girls and have fun with them.

i just don't waste my time and energy on them unless i know they are down

sexually. just sit and think about it. why would YOU decide to give away all

yours when she doesn't want to give you anything? isn't that unfair? that is

what i believe.

Exhumed

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well if you don't WANT sex out of her....or if you don't want it badly....and you enjoy her personality...why not be friends? Maybe some girls don't want to "look like they have lots of friends around" but actually want to have lots of friends? Maybe not every girl approaches a friendship with a guy wanting an ego boost and an emotional tampon and free gifts?

I like starplayer's explanation.

Ice882

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
starplayer said:
That's totally true. I'm in this exact situation as the guy with loads of girls... and my friend is pining after this girl in my social circle.

NewGuy72

Don Juan
Reaction score
Every time I've done it it was because one of us (or both) were in a relationship when we met. So when we both become single there's a chance we'll start hooking up. But that's because there was attraction there to begin with.