How do some guys maintain attraction to their women?

user252009

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always (with every single woman in my life) had the issue that over time of a few months into a relationship (gets worse about 8-10 month mark) my attraction to them starts to rapidly drop. And it doesn't seem to be just one sided, I feel like their attraction to me also starts to drop once we both get to know each other better and get a bit familiar with each other. I'm curious to see other guys' thoughts on this, if you've also experienced this, and what approach you took to make it better for yourself.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always (with every single woman in my life) had the issue that over time of a few months into a relationship (gets worse about 8-10 month mark) my attraction to them starts to rapidly drop. And it doesn't seem to be just one sided, I feel like their attraction to me also starts to drop once we both get to know each other better and get a bit familiar with each other. I'm curious to see other guys' thoughts on this, if you've also experienced this, and what approach you took to make it better for yourself.

My attraction almost always drops after the first few times sleeping with them. Just how it goes. It's not realistic to maintain physical attraction to the same woman for very long.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After having a 20 year marriage, and now a five year relationship. I feel like I can identify what makes a long-term relationship work.

Attraction isn’t how someone looks. It’s about how they make you feel. Once you guys figure that out then you’ll have the key to maintaining a traction

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You’re simply describing the end of the “honeymoon phase” of your relationship with them. This normally exposes long term compatibility issues at this point once the thrill of just banging each other nonstop has worn off. You still want sex with them of course, but you need something more to keep a relationship going for more than a year.

I would chalk this up to you simply not being long-term compatible with these women and vice versa - even if you find them sexually attractive.

SetinStone22

Banned
Reaction score
diversity is the spice of life playa.. you need to always be crackin new bitches.

if you in a relationship and this is happenin to ya, it only goes to tell you that you needa be playin the field, not cuffin a *****.

you play the field until u find a chick that don't get boring-- and thats the one u keep around

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
diversity is the spice of life playa.. you need to always be crackin new bitches.

if you in a relationship and this is happenin to ya, it only goes to tell you that you needa be playin the field, not cuffin a *****.

you play the field until u find a chick that don't get boring-- and thats the one u keep around
The scenario you described would more accurately be said as upgrading when available.

john1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
After having a 20 year marriage, and now a five year relationship. I feel like I can identify what makes a long-term relationship work.

Attraction isn’t how someone looks. It’s about how they make you feel. Once you guys figure that out then you’ll have the key to maintaining a traction

Share some more, so after the honey moon phase. How do you maintain interest?

I find that for me after 8months mostly less , no matter how fit she is , I am wanting to bang other hot girls. But I fight off the urge and definitely don't! They want more and more of me, so definitely , there is attraction from there end.

What makes this worse is that as a man if you have slept with many women, it will be very difficult to stick to one long term! Just saying.

john1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

I used to do this:p banged different girls, played the field, many returned for more, many I pumped and dumped. But then the pandemic kicked in.

So I saw that it's fun! but I'm getting old and wanted something more " normal " as I'm afraid my luck will run dry. Then I would not be able to get these girls.

The interest issue ! How to pass it, because even the fittest girls I met , I lost interest after banging them loads.