Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do I recover from this beta move?

Partizan

Don Juan
Reaction score
A female friend of mine brought her HB friend on Friday night to a dancing social. I did a couple of dances with the HB. We had good rapport. She laughed at all my ****y funny humor. . Was planning to snag her number at the end of the dance but when I looked for her afterwards, she had already left.

So I reached out to my friend the next day and asked her for HB's number. The friend got back to me eventually and said HB didn't want to give it and that "maybe next time I see her I should ask her myself". Ouch.

Was wondering what happened given how well I thought the interaction had went. And then it dawned on me that I must have looked like a total chump with no balls by going through the mutual friend to get her number. Ugh. How do I recover from this? What do I do next time I see her? Is this situation salvagable?

Lesson learn for you newbies. Sack up and ask her for the number during the high point of the interaction. Don't wait

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A female friend of mine

Male-female "friendships" are almost always a pretense. One side likes the other, but cannot communicate those feelings.

The friend got back to me eventually and said HB didn't want to give it and that "maybe next time I see her I should ask her myself".

FFFFFTT FFFFFFFFT REEEEEEOOOOOWWWRRRR!!!! She probably never even asked the girl for the number, because she likes you, and you made her jealous.

Building_and_Loan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It wasn't beta to reach out through your friend, sometimes that's all you can do if you just weren't able to snag her number yourself before she left. I've done it myself with a girl, and she was thrilled I got her number through a buddy of mine, dated her for a while.

Both answers before mine could be applicable here. It's possible she wasn't as interested in you as you think she was.

However, I'm more inclined to believe your friend never actually reached out to the girl for you. Why would she also say "maybe next time you should ask her yourself" if she HAD reached out to the friend and said she didn't want to give you her number?

Think about it.

Partizan

Don Juan
Reaction score
These are all solid replies, fellas. The more I think I about it, the more think it's a combination of both reasons.

My friend is single and I think is probably into me. She probably did ask HB for the number. When HB hesitated, my friend should have really advocated for me telling her that I'm a great guy and she should give me the number. I don't think she really advocated for me because she was jealous. I can see her being that type.

Oh well. Should not have put the friend in the middle. Needed to have number closed on my own. Gonna chalk this one up as a loss and move on