Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do I know whether just friendly or something more; Girl placed her head on my shoulder

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Brothers,

I met up with this girl the other day to catch up on our lives. I’ve known her for like two years(I know her through school)--She did good in school last semester and made dean's list so I got her a surprise gift, just like a small box of her favorite pastries. It was less than like $20 so no big deal. It made her really happy and she leaned over and put her head on my shoulder, we were sitting next to each other on a bench talking. Something like this has never happened before with her so I was a bit caught off guard. We hug when greeting and saying bye but that’s the extent of any physical stuff.

Some background: We’re not like super best friends or anything but I feel like we know each other well. There’s been times where I FELT she liked me- she’s reached out to me a few times saying we should hang out and catch up after not seeing each other for a few months and she even invited me to her apartment once during one of said hang outs, but nothing has ever happened.

Thanks for reading – I’ll check back
The way to find out is to make a move. Get close to her, touch her (casually at first, as you would a friend) and gradually increase the level of contact. If she doesn't object, you'll end up having sex and if she does stop you (by moving away, for example) now you know that she's not interested.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
...she even invited me to her apartment once during one of said hang outs, but nothing has ever happened.
A few other random thoughts. (Will get to the above point in #2.)

1. While a female friend might jokingly put her head on your shoulder for a second, I would say that any chick that keeps her head on your shoulder for any decent length of time is definitely attracted to you.

2. When at her apartment, I would also consider how close she sits to you. Let's say you sitting on the couch for any reason, say watching tv or playing a video game or whatever. For a chick that is very interested in you, there will generally be no space between you too. In other words, your sides (or legs or whatever) will be in contact. If she keeps a foot or more away while seated (pre-Covid crap) , that points more towards friendzone.