"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

How do I deal with a gay guy?

richardrli

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Ok now this is serious, there's a guy in my year who everyone knows is gay. Everyone as you might guess avoids him, but he hangs around me! Yes so f***ing annoying! Since he considers me his 'friend' everyone avoids me for obvious reasons. This guy has a terribly homosexual voice, face and body, and on mufti days he simply dresses gay. Now this person is really pissing the sh*t out of me, what can I do? He asks me everyday what I'm 'hiding' from him?! I mean please someone help me.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 30, 2003
Messages
2,300
Reaction score
17
Location
Where I be at
if he isn't hittin on you can't you be his friend? Are you a homophobe or something? Just because he is gay doesn't mean he likes you...have you EVER seen an after school special, i swear they cover this kinda stuff so much i thought i woulda been ingrained in your head
 

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 22, 2004
Messages
504
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Chico, CA during school, and Irivine off-school
What, do you think you're gonna catch it from him? He's a person too ya know. Thats why i love Will and Grace so much. One of the gay guys is a heterophobe and shows how ridiculous it is to be a homophobe.

The people at your school are tards if they're avoiding you because your friend is gay. Now, you can be a shallow, cowardly bastard and tell the guy off, or you can be an actual person with a heart and not care what everyone thinks and be friends with him. You can tell him that you're not into the same lifestyle as him and that he's being a little too smothering. But dont be mean.

And i have to ask, what is "dressing gay" and having a gay face and body look like?
 

richardrli

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Dudes, read my original post. I'm losing friends because of this guy! Now he doesn't seem he wants to change (And by the way my school is all male) We in the school just can't take that gay **** from anybody, now I need to shrug him off. No, I don't think displaying homosexual behaviour in the classroom is good, and most of the year would agree with me. So c'mon people, can't you think of any better methods?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

richardrli

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Hey buddy no offense but are you gay? I find your answer very strange because most people would probably tell me to run away as fast as possible from this guy. As to his behaviour in class, he wants me to sit next to him, while I did that he crosses his legs and leans the upper part of his body towards me and says 'Hi' in a high pitched voice, it's almost a shriek. People around me find that extremely disturbing..........
 

Bussey

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
376
Reaction score
4
Location
Toronto
Question Buddy,

Are you trying to impress the other guys with your 'coolness' or whatever?

I mean, your not trying to get dates with these guys, so what does it matter what they think.

Remember the Alpha Male leads the pack, so stand up! If you stop playing hot/cold ie. Not telling the gay guy you don't want to be friends or telling the other guys you don't like him etc. PEOPLE ARE GOING TO THINK YOUR NOT A CONFIDENT GUY!

I just started College, and one of my new friends is gay and you know what?? BEST FRIEND EVER! Want to know why?

1. Considering he does have the half female gene.. HE KNOWS WHAT GIRLS LOOK FOR! He tells me how to dress for a particular girl by the way she looks, and sooooo many times when I go out with the girl and he's told me how to dress and what cologne to wear, shes all over me!!!
2. I don't have to worry about him scamming a girl.
3. He's an awesome friend.

Basically a homosexual friend can do sooooo much good with the ladies for you!
Because he is not attracted to girls, he doesn't mind being a wingman.

Dude, you need to make a decision.
A) Tell this guy to **** off, and be a beta male, following the rest of your class for the year.
B) Accept this guy as a friend. Go somewhere and get him to hook you up with the hot b!tchs!

Your choice man... Personally, I'd choose hot b!tchs over a guy friend any day!
 

Bussey

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
376
Reaction score
4
Location
Toronto
Originally posted by richardrli
Hey buddy no offense but are you gay? I find your answer very strange because most people would probably tell me to run away as fast as possible from this guy.
LOL Thats a chick man! SEE!!! You couldn't tell the difference between a gay guy and a chick!

NOW IMAGINE YOU HAD THAT ON YOUR SIDE! YUO'D BE AN UNSTOPABLE DJ!!!
 

clarinch

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Florida
Look, kid. There is absolutely no reason to hate someone because their homosexual. If you don't like him as a person (hes an *******, stupid, backstabbing) thats one thing. But to disassociate yoruself from him when, fro what it seems, he has been nothing but a friend to you - that's something else.

If the homosexual thing is creeping you out, you can... just make it apparent that you arn't gay. Make sure he notices you're checking out the ladies (in an all guy school, put some bikini ads on your notebooks, ect). Although I doubt hes coming onto you. If all else fails, tell him you are straight, and that everythings cool, you just don't flow that way.

If it's a religious school, then I can imagine the problems that being friends with a homosexual can cause, but that doesn't undermine the fact that under no circumstances should you EVER betray your own sence of integrity and honor.
 

Mr. Debonaire

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
544
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
in front of my computer
one of my best friends is gay

other then being a dork, he's awesome. I've laid two hot chicks because of him :)

get him to hook you up with babes
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
699
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Location
SE England/ York
I'm not adding constructive advice, merely expressing how much homophobes piss me off.

You are a tool. Sort it out.
 

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
477
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Location
the Netherlands
Yeah... get over yourself.
Obviously you don't have the certainty of mind to know beyond any doubt that you are not gay.
Just look inside of yourself and see. I did this and concluded beyond any possible doubt that I could never have any sexual thought about a man that would arouse me.

I don't have any problems with gay people, I don't know any, but I know some very effeminate guys that would probably fit the profile you've given. They're humans too and the only time they are going to get pissed at you and annoy the crap out of you is if you treat them like they're not.

So treat him like a human and eventually it will probably change for the better. Treat him like a scary homosexual and he'll just keep on annoying your ass off.
 

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
If you dont want him around simply because hes gay, you are insecure.

If one of my friends turned out gay, I would still be friends with him.
 

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2002
Messages
481
Reaction score
0
Age
39
I'm not sure exactally what to do about this situation, but from his post it sounds like this guy doesn't like the gay guy because he's annoying, and the fact that he's gay is the reason everyone avoids him - he's getting a bad rep for a guy he doesn't think is cool in the first place.

Maybe someone should stop rampaging about being homophobic and try to help him with the problem, assuming what i just said.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Yes obviously he is the cause of your lack of friends.

You are a tool.
 
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
You're losing friends because of your personality. Can you really afford to say bye to another one?
 

richardrli

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Ok I am not homophobic, now I want some real advice here, here's the reason:
1)This guy is openly displaying homosexual behaviour in public, which means people in the train station move away from me when this guy's around. (Yes that's girls as well)
2)He is down to hell ANNOYING! He calls me basically every night to check on what I'm doing and he wouldn't hang up when I have to go!
3)I used to have lots of friends, until this guy came around me and they all left because they couldn't stand his behaviour, hell Jesus I don't think anyone can anyway. My few remaining friends strongly urges me once and for all to tell him to get lost, but I suppose I don't want to be 'mean'.
Now this is not a joke, I didn't post this thread for my own entertainment, I did it because I need to hear from people older than me and who has more experience on how to deal with sticky situations like the one I'm experiencing now.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top