"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

How did I become an AFC again?

Brooks

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 14, 2019
Messages
176
Reaction score
55
Age
36
Become distant. We can’t stand that and will chase. This means don’t initiate sex, texting, calls, etc. I cannot resist a man that ignores me! lol
Then she would know there’s games and tactics at hand. Or she would create drama?

I'd agree with this as a plan of recourse, but as I mentioned, it's low- probability. Much harder to re-attract than just start over with someone new.
But scrapping a otherwise great relationship seems a little drastic, no?
With the right attitude couldn’t it just be a slow recalibration? Rather than starkly dropping off?
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

SeekerOfTheWay

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2019
Messages
331
Reaction score
209
I don’t see it as a game. When i feel like i am getting too attached to a man, I pull back. Meaning I focus more on myself and what I am doing rather than focusing on him (i do more yoga, read, go out with others). I think that’s what makes people more attractive. Having their own lives and not fawning over anyone else. When a man is too into me I feel pressure and it’s a tad creepy. I like to know he has options, hobbies and doesn’t need me to fulfill his life or entertain him. So if he’s more distant I know he has all that on his own and it’s more attractive to me.
 
Last edited:

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
1,848
Reaction score
3,697
Location
Mile High City, USA
But scrapping a otherwise great relationship seems a little drastic, no?
With the right attitude couldn’t it just be a slow recalibration? Rather than starkly dropping off?
If you feel the relationship is otherwise strong except for the fact you've lost leverage or "hand" (in Seinfeld terms), then yes, try a slow, steady re-calibration. This should be your default mode of thinking anyway as women should only represent the small dollop of mashed potatoes on your huge plate of Thanksgiving food. They are there and present but certainly not the main course. The "meat" is your purpose and life goals as a man which should NEVER be the pursuit of the acceptance and approval of one woman.
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
I got out of the “we are friends” rut I was in after I found myself there after we’d been dating awhile. I sorta knew I had slipped to that level but it didn’t hit me until we had an argument about something and she said “you don’t control me, we are friends, we aren’t dating”. I was like holy **** hit the reset button, this isn’t where I want to be! I went radio silence for 3 days before she reached out and apologized, I wasn’t out of the woods yet though. I knew I had to set up a date to show her I was still the fun guy she liked at one time. We went on several dates where I made sure I was on my tip top game and she said she was having the best times with me again. In between dates though I NEVER initiated texts or calls. She’d text me the day after the date and we’d exchange about 4-5 texts and I’d stop responding after a few. She wouldn’t let 2 days go by without texting me again. She also wanted to hangout more all of a sudden with me acting this way. It’s a lot of work though, I wouldn’t do all this for just any girl.
 

Epic Days

Banned
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
1,869
Reaction score
1,643
Age
42
Seeing someone once a week is enough. It keeps it going. Throw in a two week beak every now and then.

It’s important for a man to understand his biology. If you see her too much or too often you will burn it down. This includes texting and phone conversations. Keeping a relationship breathing is fun once you get it down.

I think it’s possible to have a relationship for years like this. People ruin things because they always want more.
For the best and dirtiest sex, chill out.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

SeekerOfTheWay

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2019
Messages
331
Reaction score
209
Great post! Only thing i want to add is some red flags are dealbreakers. Some are just things you work with as a couple. I won’t date an alcoholic or drug user or anyone with a criminal past. Even if they don’t drink anymore or that jail time was long ago. So the flags are subjective and you have to decide what you can handle and tolerate and what you won’t. Probs different for everyone.
 
Top