How did Brad Pitt do it?

SuperMan_Wuss

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Señor Fingers

Sidenote: If you guys ever want a quick lesson of intent, trying going on a fast for a week and hanging out with all your friends while they stuff their faces and look at you like you have nine heads.
THis is true, supreme intent is fukcing awesome. I went on a low carb diet and everyone tried to get me off it. it sucked, but I had the supreme intent to change my life. I lost 100 lbs and people acted so differently toward me,. Its all about having a goal and letting NOTHING stop you from attaining that goal.

Quickclicker

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not gay or anything, but I just don't get what is so facially attractive about Brad Pitt. He looks like any other cool guy I've seen on the streets, relatively speaking. IMO, I think the dude who won "The Apprentice" looks better than him. What makes this dude so special?

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First off I just want to say, Johnny Depp is the coolest cat in hollywood. He takes rediculous parts and makes the movie great. If you want to learn how to be mysterious, watch how Depp carries himself, he just has an Aura about him. Hes experienced so many things in life and is not taken by all that Hollywood bullsh*t.

Now to Brad. This is just a case of reputation preceeding onself. Brad was cast as a heartthrob by the media, people started loving him, his reputation grew, more people started loving him, his reputation grew. Underneath it all, his just a normal dude.

I can vouch for this, because once in my life, haha a couple of years back I was in Europe. I got a reputation in the place I was at, and all of a sudden I was like a mini-celebrity. Was fukcing crazy, I could have my choice of ANY of the girls I wanted. And beleive me I took MANY of those choices. I was still the same old dude, but because of my reputation and the way people perceived me, I was all of a sudden a heart throb. Once you get this reputation, it never leaves you, unless you leave the area you are in. As for Brad his reputation is world wide, and he has worked it well. Never loosing his confidence and always carrying himself like he is the man, never had any real troubles and gone off track, this is why he has never lost that reputation.

Another man with Equal status right now is Beckham (in Europe), his reputation never leave him until he quits soccer. Ricky Martin is the same in Latin America.

Reaction score
The average Puerto Rican male is better looking than Brad Pitt, but PR's are not in vogue - Holywood is a artificially trying to portray the American standard for beauty for the male and female! I've seen thousands more 'beautiful people' who
are better looking than 'Hollywoods' minions!!!

Last edited:

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LuvMyArmyMan
hes also a great actor. and so fvckin sexy. all men want to be him and all women want to do him. like johnny depp!
i'm not the least bit interested in being Brad Pitt. any guy who is, is a lame ass insecure droit.

the guy is an actor. he is a professional phony. he has a public image that is contrived. you have NO IDEA what he's like in "real life". you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA. and don't spew any Tiger Beat exclusive.

as to his success. it's very simple--someone cut him a break, way back in the day. there are countless--countless--actors who are prettier than him, WAY better actors than him, and have more drive than him. but guess what? they never ever make it. i know, because i eat where they are waiting tables--every single day.

to answer the original post. LUCK! that's how he became successful in Hollywood.

oh yeah, hangin with Butter-Face Jenny didn't hurt his career, did it? now he's going to ride the coattails of Angelina Jolie. he's prepping his "career" for the impending break up and looking for another way to ho' himself into the limelight. boy, this is so sexy.

you see, these people are universal wh@res. the supply of talent is a million x greater than demand. you HAVE TO BE a wh@re to make it in Hollywood.

chicks live in fantasy-land when it comes to this stuff. "he's so genuine and honest and down to earth and he's such a great actor." he's none of this. grow up.

if he got in a car accident and broke his face up permanently, would you still think he's sexy? nope. would Hollywood give him the roles. nope. if he never hooked with Jen, would he have been as famous and sexy? nope.

a wise man named Phil Lynott once said...

---

They say people out in Hollywood
Live their life out in black and white
They're living out a technicolor dream
Next day they're a star overnight

Not like in New York
Man, it's tougher
Not like in London town
Boy, you suffer

Nobody give a break
When you're down on your luck
Everybody's on the take
You can't make a mistake

People out in Hollywood
They got a lot of class
You see the boys strutting down the boulevard
Trying to make a pass

Not like in New York
It's high rise, it's concrete and complex
Not like in London town
It reigns down on its subjects

Nobody give a damn
Nobody understands
Lady Chance, she won't dance

People out in Hollywood
They can make it to the stars
They can reach the screen
Drive around in big expensive convertible cars

Not like in New York
All you've got is Broadway
Not like in the west end of London
You can't make it no way

Nobody give a damn
Nobody understands
You've got to strut your stuff

You can't take it easy, it ain't good enough
Everybody's on the make
Nobody give a fair deal

Nobody understands my Uncle Sam
I'm ready for the dance
I gotta make a dollar holler

--Hollywood (Down On Your Luck)
--Thin Lizzy

Last edited:
Reaction score
TooCold,

"Hollywood hors is a good label!! Although there are some actors who respect themselves and hold the line when it comes to prostituting themselves - Denzel Washington is one of them.

Last edited:

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by George Gordon
A great deal of an actor’s success seems to depend on the kind of characters he plays—and more has the ABILITY to play. I think this goes to the heart of an actor’s, the individual’s personality and ‘energy’. Brad always seems to get the ‘alpha-male’ roles.

What is this ‘energy’ that Brad Pitt emits? It is his body language.

2) BODY LANGUAGE is something I’ve been studying, observing, and experimenting with for the past half a year.
I have been through this phase as well. Using ultra-masculine bodylanguage does seem to create more attraction. But recently I was baffled by a few of my natural friends. These guys are always surrounded by HOT women yet their body language is TERRIBLE! We are talking slouching, head down, hands in pockets. It was truly baffling to me until I realized they were just COMFORTABLE that way. IN a sense this is ultimate alpha behavior because they are not trying to give off any vibes. THey are so comfortable in their own skin that girls feel comfortable around them.

I decided to give it a shot and forget all about my macho posture. The results have been interesting. I dont get any blatant signs of attraction like before, but I am finding that girls are more at ease around me. In the span of a week, I had more of them trying to seduce ME than I had in months.

Very strange!

The last girl I hooked up with was very much like this. She was very shy in the beginning and I remember asking her what compelled her to make moves on me. She told me something that quite a few of my ex´s have told me but had forgotten about.

"I dunno...its like I dont have to play any roles or be someone else when I am with you. Like everyone I meet wants me to be someone for them, but with you I am finally free to be myself"

Very interesting....

One thing I have not changed is the speed at which I move. I notice that when you are slow and deliberate you come off as more of a sensual being. ALso shows that you are not nervous/fretting!

If you’re talking about the same thing as, what I believe Brian Tracy called ‘Definite Major Purpose’; don’t you think that ALL actors need to have that to make it in the business?.
Of course, but not all of them have the recipe for success in Hollywood. You need looks, talent, drive and a nice dash of luck doesnt hurt either!

Do you think a guy like Ethan Hawke, had he gotten every role Brad Pitt did, have come out with the same success? He always seems to have a ‘weak’ aura to him.
Funny. I know tons of girls that are totally hot for Ethan and plenty who dont see what the big deal about Pitt is. Women have different tastes so I dont think its really all tat helpful to use one man as an archetype of attraction. I am trying to read deeper than the persona to see what aura really makes someone "hot".

Like sometimes I will meet a girl who is not pretty at all, but there is something about her that is incredibly sexy. The way she moves and carries herself is part of it. But its also the way she responds to her environment and others. I am attracted to the classically feminine chicks. Soft, tender and nurturing types. I can see these attributes in the subtle ways she communicates and deals with the world around her.

I suppose women see us the same way. If your intent is weak, then the frame of your reality is weak and you are not capable of satisfying their desire to be swept off their feet, which is what they all want. A man whose charm is stronger than their personal hang-ups. Someone who sets them free.

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chico, CA during school, and Irivine off-school
The reason why Johnny is multi-talented is because he is a musician, he sings and plays guitar quite well (ever seen Chocolat? Thats him, i think he either wrote that song or improvised it) AND ALL of his characters are so diverse. Ever seen Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? well watch that, then see Edward Sissorhands. Watch Chocolat, then watch Blow. Watch Pirates. What about Sleepy Hollow? and The Astronauts Wife? Donnie Brasco? All parts that are so different from each other. Normally an actor chooses the same parts, relatively. I mean, i cant think of any examples, but i'm sure you can think of some.

As for Brad Pitt. Yes, he did get lucky. but that doesnt overshadow his talent. I mean, *&^%in Fight Club. 12 Monkeys. sheesh. Hes just a great actor. TooCold, youre just jealous :cool: u know u like him....come on admit it. and yeah, just about every girl i know wants to f.uck his brains out, and do him a million times over. But moreso with Johnny. We all wanna have his babies. hehe ok enough!

The fact is, they have charisma, besides from extremely good looks and talent, and theyre both eccentric to an extent. Like CLOONY said, they have an aura. Its really undescribable.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Toocold your text is dripping jealousy.

George Gordon

Banned
Reaction score
Señor Fingers

I have been through this phase as well. Using ultra-masculine bodylanguage does seem to create more attraction. But recently I was baffled by a few of my natural friends. These guys are always surrounded by HOT women yet their body language is TERRIBLE! We are talking slouching, head down, hands in pockets. It was truly baffling to me until I realized they were just COMFORTABLE that way. IN a sense this is ultimate alpha behavior because they are not trying to give off any vibes. THey are so comfortable in their own skin that girls feel comfortable around them.

I decided to give it a shot and forget all about my macho posture. The results have been interesting. I dont get any blatant signs of attraction like before, but I am finding that girls are more at ease around me. In the span of a week, I had more of them trying to seduce ME than I had in months.
Maybe 'masculine body language' wasn't the right phrase. I wasn't talking about what one of my friend's calls the 'hot-shot'; you know, really ****y body language. Tyler Durden. 'Alpha'.

The 'Romantic Hero' would be closer to what I was talking about. I would say that my body language resembles James Dean. And that sounds like exactly what your friends were doing. Slouching, leaning, downcast head and look. Indifference. Hands in pockets. Creating an initmate atmosphere around you, a place a woman wants to fit into, rather than a very open to everyone posture.

But you have to keep it open when you're looking until your with a chick, then you close your posture in on her.

One thing I've even tried a few times is actually tucking my hands down to the knuckles into the front of my pants as if my waist line were pockets. Interesting reactions.

Body language is a vehicle to projecting your attitude. It's the manifestation of your persona.

"I dunno...its like I dont have to play any roles or be someone else when I am with you. Like everyone I meet wants me to be someone for them, but with you I am finally free to be myself"
Right on! Sounds like she's known a lot of Nice Guys. Nice Guys always seem to have agendas and strong forms and rules for the woman before they even know her. Of course they never will. Not really.

It must suck for women to have to put up with such illusions being projected onto themselves. Good to hear there's a Senor Fingers out there.

Funny. I know tons of girls that are totally hot for Ethan and plenty who dont see what the big deal about Pitt is. Women have different tastes so I dont think its really all tat helpful to use one man as an archetype of attraction. I am trying to read deeper than the persona to see what aura really makes someone "hot".
My sister was totatlly hot for him too.

I think this ties into woman as the tester. What they think they want is something their nature doesn't want; a prevention. I often wonder if women's idealistic fews are the foundation for how they test men.

I was chatting with one of my friend's girlfriend's at a party last weekend, and surprizingly enough, she gets it. She said that because women are so spoiled they want a man who will not give them what they want. I replied, saying, "You're right. You know, the one question Freud couldn't answer was: What do women want; And the reason he couldn't answer it was because I wasn't born yet."

Cheers!

!GEORGE GORDON!

Omni

Don Juan
Reaction score
Brad Pitt achieved sex symbol status far beyond what his looks or talent justify because his butt was naked in "Thelma and Louise." There are few male bare butts in movies, and most of those few are gross middle-aged butts, so a hot butt gets a big response. It worked for Rob Lowe. It worked for Mel Gibson, too, but he at least has some talent.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Julian
Toocold your text is dripping jealousy.
dudes a fvcking ho, flat out. EVERYONE in hollywood's a ho bag. on average, they are the stupidest people, on top of it. La La Land the scumiest business on planet earth. freely use people and get used in return. at all levels, even execs.

take away his looks and his fame (e.g. jenny's fame) and he's got NOTHING! ZERO! pumping gas at Arco. Community College Theater.

oh, wait a minute, he has a high school diploma to fall back on. boy, i wish i had one of those.

why do people want to be famous? and to what lengths will they stoop, to get that fame? yeah, he's a real confident chap. think about it.

pitt is a big fat hairy B======D

LuvMyArmyMan, you're in Luv with him solely because he's famous. MJ still makes little girls weap--even FAINT! and that dude's a freakzoid. and they DEFEND him to no end. they build shrines to him.

chicks do this for some odd reason, don't they?

hey Luv, how many times have you dreamed that it was YOU walking down the red carpet with brad, instead of jenn? dreamed about running away from the stalkers, hand in hand? i'll bet a lot! how exciting this would be!!!

don't worry sweetie, you'll outgrow it at around 25ish--you're just a little pup. in the meantime,

visit this link,

http://www.kidzworld.com/site/p1083.htm

PS: okay, if/when he nails angelina, then i'll be jealous :)

PPS: if Troy is a blockbuster, there will be a divorce forthwith.

PPPS: if dude does Broadway i'll give him props on the acting.

PPPPS: now i realize why i the Mature forum is a tad bit better.

felony

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't have time to read this whole post, but some people say Brad didn't do it. All the women did it to him. They all jumped on the band wagon and made him up to be something amazing, and of course more women jumped on. With that sort of status, confidence, money, power etc just comes along with it.

With a little bit of work anyone can be 1/2 decent looking... brad isn't particularly handsome? Does anyone here not think they can look similarly good looking? Besides, we all know physical looks aren't a big issue to woman if the guy is confident and all that jazz. However, looks are important for cold approaches etc but by no means do you have to be a brad pitt clone.

cheers,
f.

B9

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, he has the attributes to be succesful. Good looking, well fit body, lots of charisma in a boyish kind of way (without it being sissylike as Leonardo Dicaprio).

Think it's an excellent point about him continually being cast in alpha male roles being a key to his success. Combined with the fact that he has generally managed to pick roles with a certain measure of authenticity.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I partially agree that fame has a snowballing effect. Brad Pitt might actually be a pretty cool guy, but is probably not the DEMI-GOD that the media portrays him to be. He has faults, and probably has personal problems.

But the attention garners more fans, who spread even more positive publicity, and so forth, until the reputation takes on a life of it's own.

I think this is what movie stars like Johnny Depp call "Hollywood bull****", more than anything else - the propensity for everyone to judge such-and-such celebrities as "amazing", "wonderful husband/father", "model citizen", "stud", etc. -- based on nothing but word of mouth rumors. ;)

dillin

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen thousands more 'beautiful people' who
are better looking than 'Hollywoods' minions!!!
Yep!

They seem to glamorize the beauty of the people in Hollywood yet I can go almost anywhere and still find men and women who look much better.

Wonderbread166

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TooColdUlrick
dudes a fvcking ho, flat out. EVERYONE in hollywood's a ho bag. on average, they are the stupidest people, on top of it. La La Land the scumiest business on planet earth. freely use people and get used in return. at all levels, even execs.

take away his looks and his fame (e.g. jenny's fame) and he's got NOTHING! ZERO! pumping gas at Arco. Community College Theater.

oh, wait a minute, he has a high school diploma to fall back on. boy, i wish i had one of those.

why do people want to be famous? and to what lengths will they stoop, to get that fame? yeah, he's a real confident chap. think about it.

pitt is a big fat hairy B======D

LuvMyArmyMan, you're in Luv with him solely because he's famous. MJ still makes little girls weap--even FAINT! and that dude's a freakzoid. and they DEFEND him to no end. they build shrines to him.

chicks do this for some odd reason, don't they?

hey Luv, how many times have you dreamed that it was YOU walking down the red carpet with brad, instead of jenn? dreamed about running away from the stalkers, hand in hand? i'll bet a lot! how exciting this would be!!!

don't worry sweetie, you'll outgrow it at around 25ish--you're just a little pup. in the meantime,

visit this link,

http://www.kidzworld.com/site/p1083.htm

PS: okay, if/when he nails angelina, then i'll be jealous :)

PPS: if Troy is a blockbuster, there will be a divorce forthwith.

PPPS: if dude does Broadway i'll give him props on the acting.

PPPPS: now i realize why i the Mature forum is a tad bit better.
You're wrong. Girls don't like Pitt solely because he's famous, that's already been established. It's true that a lot of people in Hollywood are sleazebags, but some guys, like Pitt and Depp, are alpha males because

1. They have a relaxed, confident aura

2. They are talented

3. Yes, they are good looking

Think of being famous as having amazing social proof. This isn't the only thing that you need to meet a girl's requirements, no matter how famous you are. Pitt and Depp are Alpha males, and that is well known because they are celebrities.

btw, the reason that Michael Jackson still has many loyal fans is because he made some great music a while back. But you don't hear women saing they want to **** him.

Alen-Delon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lol heres the reality Brad Pitt aint fockin nobody but hes ugly A$$ wife... and as far as hes acting goes it sucks big one..... i am not speaking from jealousy its the reality.... i bet few of us here get more&better pu$$y then he does... and who cares if lot of girls like him... girls like ussualy like what they cant get... its not like he gets mass as$ or nothin.... and even if he did good for him...

I think this discussion is lame

dont we have anything better to do then discuss some lame actors....