Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How did Brad Pitt do it?

George Gordon

Banned
Reaction score
A question I've been asking myself over the last few months is:

How did Brad Pitt become so successful? And what is it about him that all the chicks love?

Of course you could go with:

-He has looks.
-He has money and status.
-He has confidence.
-etc. or a combination

The usual answers.

But what I'm driving at is this: there are hundreds of great looking actors (better looking than Pitt) with celebrity status. Most have 'come and gone', had their moment, yet Pitt always seems to remain in the forefront, since the beginnings of his career.

I have some ideas, but I'd like to hear what you guys think...

!GEORGE GORDON!

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well he is very good looking but the main thing imo is his roles/movies... He has always been some badass/prettyboy with an attitude and a hell of alot of confidence/bodylanguage.

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kineti[C]harm
Well he is very good looking but the main thing imo is his roles/movies... He has always been some badass/prettyboy with an attitude and a hell of alot of confidence/bodylanguage.
Yeap, that's pretty much it!!!

amokk23

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think anyone looked cooler then him in 'fightclub' or 'snatch'

Can't see Keano Reeves playing that role.

And he has the natural good looks that come from good breeding. ie jawline, bodyshape.

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LuvMyArmyMan
hes also a great actor. and so fvckin sexy. all men want to be him and all women want to do him. like johnny depp!
Yeah, pretty much. I don't think any guy would mind being either of them.

The cool thing about those two is, if you ever read interviews of them, they are pretty real guys. Pretty real-life badasses.

Señor Fingers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pitt is definitely a heart-throb for tha ladies. Not a bad actor either. But as George said, there are many, MANY talented/handsome actors out there. What makes this guy so special? Is it just pure luck? That sure helps but I think there is something else at play here.

Brad has something the other guys dont... a SUPREME INTENT.

This trait would be best defined as a pure, burning desire to make things happen. It is a magical fuel, propelling you forward no matter how many times you fall, a giant magnet drawing you closer towards your goal despite everyone/everything around you that suggests it is impossible.

I know quite a few actors and I can tell you that acting is one tough gig! You get shot down and rejected so often, it really can take its toll on your self image. To top it off, many of these guys have to deal with their family constantly discouraging them and telling them to get a "real job".

Brad simply wants success more than the next man, so it shouldnt surprise us when he gets it.

Look at all the great men in history. Martin Luther King, Einstein, Christ... they were loved as much as they were hated. They were dreamers & heroes as much as they were madmen & heretics. My guess is that unless somebody somewhere thinks you are absolutely nuts, you probably wont make much of an impact on society in general.

As far as chicks are concerned, they get VERY excited around a man with a large intent. Penis size aint got nothing on this! An intentful man with mediocre looks will get double-takes from women. They will be unable to describe what it is about him that makes him so "sexy". It is merely his strong will that penetrates the world around him and forges it into whatever form pleases him.

Sidenote: If you guys ever want a quick lesson of intent, trying going on a fast for a week and hanging out with all your friends while they stuff their faces and look at you like you have nine heads.

I will be posting my experiences with this and more thoughts on intent very soon.

elvis aint dead yet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
He is a celebrity.

Many male celebrities have women wet in their panties.

I mean there are still millions of Elvis fans, even years after he got fat and years after he died.

There are millions of Jimi Morrison fans, years after he went off the deep end, years after he died.

The list goes on.

You can say he has this and he has that, but none of that matters if he weren't an actor. None of that would matter if he weren't a celebrity.

If he were a very successful businessman, not that many people would really care.

Society today is fascinated with our 15 minutes of fame.

I mean that oriental kid from American Idol who was booted off before the show really started and he just sold almost 500,000 CDs.

And now they are making an Anti-American Idol because of this kid.

ANd look at all the reality TV shows.

People are fascinated with fame and famous people.

I mean there was never anybody more popular then Leo Dicaprio during the Titanic movie.

While he might not be as big as he once was, the few films he's in still make money.

And Brad Pitt has a new movie coming out, so his publicity team will be moving full force to show him more often.

As for Snatch, it's not like that movie really made that much money.

And as another guy said, Johnny Depp makes all the girls swoon.

It's all about being a celebrity. If these guys weren't famous, nobody would really care who they were.
It's all about celebrity.

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you care? Is this another excuse to take a random tangent and come up with another philosophy?

Pitt
Cruise
Depp

They are very good ACTORS...Vin Diesal in fast and furious was a ****ty actor, girls may go nuts over him, but won't want to see more of his movies...

hb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wats the big deal with Depp? I mean, he dont look good compared to other guys.................. (no homo)

LuvMyArmyMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chico, CA during school, and Irivine off-school
Originally posted by hb
wats the big deal with Depp? I mean, he dont look good compared to other guys.................. (no homo)
He's a brilliant actor, he's funny, has immense sex appeal, he's so gorgeous, and he makes us women swoon. He is charasmatic and he has an awesome smile, he's multi-talented (he also plays guitar), he loves kids (he has two with his girlfriend), he's cultured, and has an appreciation for a different culture (he resides in france) and he identifies with a different era. I believe the 1920's France. that whole Bohemian thing.

Oh and Ninja, youre just jealous :cool:

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LuvMyArmyMan
He's a brilliant actor, he's funny, has immense sex appeal, he's so gorgeous, and he makes us women swoon. He is charasmatic and he has an awesome smile, he's multi-talented (he also plays guitar), he loves kids (he has two with his girlfriend), he's cultured, and has an appreciation for a different culture (he resides in france) and he identifies with a different era. I believe the 1920's France. that whole Bohemian thing.

Oh and Ninja, youre just jealous :cool:
Ive only seen him in two movies.. pirates of the carribean and once upon a time in mexico.. i liked his CHARACTER in once upon a time... altho in pirates i fell asleep(it was late tho). Actually i saw a lil bit of that last movie... secret window. I thought it sucked. I guess hes not a bad actor, ill give u that. I really dont think hes all that great looking tho. THere are much better looking celebrities... or non celebrities. Same with brad pitt.

Multi talented?? all u said was he plays guitar? who DOESNT play guitar lol? This is like saying tyson biggs ( from all american rejects) is multi talented cuz he sings and plays bass ( theyre songs .. altho a few can be catchy... take no skill)

Charismatic is a trait i really like in people. But actors i think ARE charismatic in real life are danny devito, i forget this guys name but he was in.. oh yah jack nicholson i believe and probly vince vaughn.

anyways...we should stay on the topic. More responses on why BRAD PITT has STAYED popular?

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dr. Depper~ wouldn't you like to be a depper too?

Doesn't Mr. Depp sing as well? I know that he has his own band, just can't remember the name off hand.

I like him. He is a richeous dude.

:cool:

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Johnny Depp is one of the best actors in Hollywood.

Just watch him in Edward Scissorhands and Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas. Two completely different roles, but he pulls each off flawlessly. As he does with most of his movies.

TheRisingSon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think many of you are missing the point here. Brad Pitt isn't "Brad Pitt" because he is a movie star. There is something else. It is intangible (sp? Don't feel like spell checking), but it's there, and vastly important. There is a difference between him and the next guy, and it isn't looks.

In my own life, relating to business, many people ask me "How did you work out that deal?" Or, "How did you meet that person?" Most often the reply is something vague. Why? Because I don't know. I can't teach it. I recognize a chance and how it fits into *my* game plan. That is it. But, there is more...

I Have Risen

George Gordon

Banned
Reaction score
There are hotter guys. There are better actors; go to a stage theatre in your local city. A lot of these actors should, or could be movie actors. Better than a lot of the Hollywood actors.

Kineti[C]harm hit my main points:

1) STRATEGY. A great deal of an actor’s success seems to depend on the kind of characters he plays—and more has the ABILITY to play. I think this goes to the heart of an actor’s, the individual’s personality and ‘energy’. Brad always seems to get the ‘alpha-male’ roles.

What is this ‘energy’ that Brad Pitt emits? It is his body language.

2) BODY LANGUAGE is something I’ve been studying, observing, and experimenting with for the past half a year. A lot of attraction seems to depend on a ‘body language personality’.

Lately, when I go to parties, I really pay attention to people’s body language when they interact, or when I’m chatting with someone—the subject matter isn’t as important. The last party I went to I used very big body language and strange things began happening. I put a cigarette in my mouth while I was chatting with some chick and suddenly there’s a light in front of my face. I pan my eyes to see some guy I chatted very briefly with earlier lighting my cigarette for me! People just tune into your presence. Walking down the hallway, people would make space for me. And the chicks were constantly ‘bumping’ into me throughout the night. “Sorry.” “You girls just can’t stop touching me tonight. Can you?”

Many interesting things you can say with your body. I’ve even taken to a sort of ‘miming’. Interacting with objects. ‘Communicating’ different emotions through facial expressions. What I like to call ‘disturbing the universe’; upsetting and playing with things in my presence. Using relaxed, slouchy postures. ‘Framing’ my groin with my fingers by the way I tuck my thumbs in my pockets; kind of jutting the pelvis out a bit. Leaning.

I’ve been documenting a lot my findings with this ‘masculine body language’. Helps me sort it out better, get a handle on it.

LuvMyArmyMan. I knew this would come. You women always bring Johnny Depp into the picture. I often ask women about Brad Pitt. “Well. I’m more of a Johnny Depp girl.” I’ve never met a woman who doesn’t go nuts over Depp. Yet, some women don’t think much of Pitt.

A lot of his appeal is his hair. I think it was Shannon Elizabeth who said she’d kill herself if he cut his hair.

Unlike Pitt’s alpha-male strategy, Depp usually goes for the eccentric characters. The ‘comic/entertainer’ in Benny and Joon, the ‘seducer’ in Don Juan DeMarco, the infamous Hunter S Thompson in Fear and Loathing, and the schitzo-writer in his latest movie.

What is so compelling about guys like Kurt Cobain, who try to stay away from the limelight, which seems to just attract more attention? I think Depp in similar. Sometimes he does these unheard of movies. You rarely see him at the grocery checkout (on magazines—no, I don’t live in France). He’s more of an artist.

Senor Fingers.

If you’re talking about the same thing as, what I believe Brian Tracy called ‘Definite Major Purpose’; don’t you think that ALL actors need to have that to make it in the business?

Do you think a guy like Ethan Hawke, had he gotten every role Brad Pitt did, have come out with the same success? He always seems to have a ‘weak’ aura to him. Yet I’m sure he needed a supreme intent to get where he is today.

Do you think it’s more than just supreme intent that got Pitt where he is?

And like TheRisingSon said. Who Pitt is DOES matter (or who he's become). Even if he wasn't famous, don't you think that if he'd walk into a restuarant or somewhere, that the women in the venue would tune in IMMEDIATELY? I think so.

DankNuggs. You remind me of the girls that enter George’s presence; once they hear him, they stalk and harass him. Always trying to get a rise out of him. I hope you’re not looking for the same kind of ‘rise’; otherwise I might have to get a restraining order.

!GEORGE GORDON!

Spiter

Don Juan
Reaction score
no one's mentioned his abs, or is that too gay for me to bring up?? I'd absolutely kill for the abs that man has, if I was a girl I'd bang him just because of that.

elvis aint dead yet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Brad Pitt has some talent, and I've seen most of his movies and liked many of them.

But your fooling yourself when you say "if he wasn't a celebrity" people would still love him.

As for his staying power, he's still relatively young compared to many others who are still loved.

Jack Nicholas, Paul Newman, Robert Redford and Mick Jagger and all these other older celebrity men who are in their sixties and seventies and yet they date 20 something year old women.

ANd 20 something year old women all love them.

Get back to us in like 30 years when Brad Pitt is nearing 70.

If he still is as popular with the ladies then as he is now, then he has staying power.

Otherwise, he's only been popular since around what, 1994, if then.

I mean Rod Stewart married Rachel Hunter when she was younger and now he dates twenty something year old models.

And who the hell wants to be like him.

ANd the be all and end all evidence of fame is Donald Trump.

He is known as an a-whole, a terrible businessman because he never pays his loans back and many of his businesses fail terribly because he overspends on building them.

But now after the success of The Apprentice, he is loved by so many people. Male and Female.

You'd be surprised what fame and a fake persona on tv or in a movie does to everyday people.

I say Brad Pitt is famous cause he's a celebrity because as i stated earlier, the WILLIAM JUNG or whatever his name is, he's more popular then many celebrities right now.

Who knows why, but he doesn't have much talent and he's not hot by any means, but when 500,000 people buy his CD, he obviously is doing something right.

As for many celebrities staying power, it has more to do with their publicists and movies they are in, then who they are.

And my point is exactly made. Look at the women who posted on this site. She actually thinks she knows Johnny Depp.

She probably never met him, never will, and only reads what they want you to read about the guy.

People, women especially, fall in love with these "fake" celebrity personas and think "Oh my god, he's soo nice and cute and talented."

When in reality, most of it is just an act.

But, lets see in 30 years from now if Brad Pitt is still swooned over like he is now.

Or be it around 30 years after he died and was fat. Women of all ages still swoon over Elvis, hell men even do.

Thats real staying power, not being popular for 5-10 years.