Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How can anyone enjoy the works of Dan Brown?

Alicorn

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by drixsa
Simpletons need not answer. People that can count the number of books they have read with their fingers need not answer. People who enjoy the majority of New York Times best sellers (oh wait I already mentioned simpletons) need not respond.

So please, explain the greatness of Dan Brown to me?
Dan Browne is just a symptom of a larger problem in modern works of fiction. Years ago I turned my back on fiction and have stuck with non-fiction since. I suggest perhaps you should do the same.

Try some works on or by the ancients Greeks such as Socrates, Aristotle or Epictetus. The historical works of David McCullough are also good, his latest being "1776." You can also try the authors Brian Greene and Richard Dawkins for good science writing.

Modern fiction is a wasteland.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thankyou.

Honestly, one person worthwhile of my time.

1776 was an amazing read.

If you are into US history then read, 1863: rebuilding of a nation.

It is a great book about the worst year of the civil war.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do want to read 1776 sounds like a great one.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Out of curiousity, if you found Angels and Demons so unenjoyable why did you read Da Vinci Code? I think you're expecting too much. Books are just another form of entertainment and like any entertainment, not everyone will appriciate it.

If you don't like a book or an author that's one thing, but it's ignorant to criticise people for enjoying something you don't.

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dumbass!

Out of curiousity, if you found Angels and Demons so unenjoyable why did you read Da Vinci Code? I think you're expecting too much. Books are just another form of entertainment and like any entertainment, not everyone will appriciate it.

If you don't like a book or an author that's one thing, but it's ignorant to criticise people for enjoying something you don't.

dont be such an elitist prick. write a book thats better then talk some sh1t!

[/B]

Amen to the above. Tell us old wise sage what great works of art you have written..

:down:

Sayno'

Alicorn

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Dumbass!

Originally posted by SAYNO
Amen to the above. Tell us old wise sage what great works of art you have written..

:down:

Sayno'
I wrote the Bible.

Seriously.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies
Jane Austen is a perfect example of "old books = hard to read". Many of what can be described in 1 sentence, instead fills up the entire page in formal Victorian ramblings.

Here is some of her crap (taken from Sense and Sensibility):

However small her general dependance on Lucy's veracity might be, it was impossible for her on serious reflection to suspect it in the present case, where no temptation could be answerable to the folly of of inventing a falsehood of such description.
"Jane Austen's books, too, are absent from this library. Just that one omission alone would make a fairly good library out of a library that hadn't a book in it."
Mark Twain, Following the Equator

"I often want to criticise Jane Austen, but her books madden me so that I can't conceal my frenzy from the reader; and therefore I have to stop every time I begin. Everytime I read 'Pride and Prejudice' I want to dig her up and beat her over the skull with her own shin-bone."
Mark Twain