Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How bad the situation in America is for single men and the obvious reason.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pls don't strawman this. The issue at hand was male-female value to society. And the situation is inherent in the hypothetical model illustrated which is a fundamental truth. Thus in all situations that can occur, "men are more valuable to society" is a logical conclusion. In other words, there is no possible situation where this isn't true.
Saying that both genders are necessary for survival and that the "argument" is ridiculous is not what a strawman is. Yes, I think the argument is dumb. Both genders have their role to play, even today when people want to deny gender roles.

Nowhere did I say women were more valuable to society. I was explaining why women are often valued over men. Because in situations where humans need to repopulate, the numbers of child bearing women (as opposed to sperm giving men) are more important. It's not a philosophical issue, It's simple math.

malz1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nowhere did I say women were more valuable to society. I was explaining why women are often valued over men. Because in situations where humans need to repopulate, the numbers of child bearing women (as opposed to sperm giving men) are more important. It's not a philosophical issue, It's simple math.
Uhh

Attachments

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Uhh, what? I wasn't saying that I think women are more valuable. I was explaining why society considers them more valuable. Which is in context to their ability to bear children, which takes time. A single could impregnate dozens of women in a month if that was the aim.

malz1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Uhh, what? I wasn't saying that I think women are more valuable. I was explaining why society considers them more valuable. Which is in context to their ability to bear children, which takes time. A single could impregnate dozens of women in a month if that was the aim.
Where did I say that "you" had thought it. I just addressed the argument you provided that's used to rationalize female>male by those generally in society. Another strawman. Or maybe it's just comprehension?

That is what.

Reaction score
I wasn’t claiming that is something a guy should do or find acceptable. I always avoided that too. Or tried anyway. The point was that “single” does not always mean available and being in a relationship does not always mean unavailable. Simply put, opportunity is not dictated by relationship status. You don’t have to agree with it. But that’s reality.

There are also many other facets and wrinkles not taken into account when looking at these particular statistics.

In New York, for example, it says there are 7 more single men per 1,000 single women.

Seven.

That includes the mentally retarded. It includes hideous looks. Extreme obesity. It includes gay men still in the closet. It includes snowflakes still living in the basement at 30 years old. It includes crack addicts. Hell, in NYC even the actual gender of the individual counted can be questioned. There are so many categories of undesirable and undatable that I seriously doubt the average guy is suffering because there are 7 more single men than women per thousand.

The only way you can draw any meaning out of this graphic is to maintain that 1:1 paradigm where everyone is equally paired off, equally open to the same type of interactions, equally attracted to each other and equally willing to pursue something solely because of gender without preferences, desires or other influences what so ever. Equally committed to making it work. Equally faithful. Equally trusting. Equal in everything.

But here’s the reality: Those extra 7 guys per 1000 will include far more than 7 men who will always be a disaster with women EVEN IF single women outnumbered single men.

More single women won’t change that.
You got a point, just like how the tech migration of geeks to big cities does not mean direct competition but here is the issue, you are still an able body. It is like the extra guy at the party, yeah he might not be aesthetic or have game but its like, dude, you are an extra freaking body. I rather you not be here.

I also doubt they surveyed crack addicts and such when doing the breakdown in OP, they likely surveyed normal guys with jobs and such.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have your act together, are not desperate, are not lame and are in at least decent shape you will have plenty of women available.

The people complaining are missing one or more criteria from that list.
People complaining are setting a bad kharma for themselves.

Reaction score
The point is the numbers don’t matter.

Put 2 guys in a room. One is average, the other is fat, smelly and annoying. It won’t matter if there is one woman or 100 in that room. They’re all going to go for the same guy.

Pointing to a statistic that says there are 7 extra guys for every 1000 women and claiming that is the source of all woes men have with women is an incredible stretch, just like it would be a stretch if the fat smelly guy said the only reason he lost the girl to the other guy was because of statistics and ratios, and had nothing to do with him smelling like ass.
But you do not have the same guy in a room, you have a lot of average guys and very few girls. Women have more choices than ever before due to the ratios. It is 107 men choosing from 100 women and 100 women choosing from 107 men.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But you do not have the same guy in a room, you have a lot of average guys and very few girls. Women have more choices than ever before due to the ratios. It is 107 men choosing from 100 women and 100 women choosing from 107 men.
He said 7 per 1000.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on the situation. But I think the entire "argument" is ridiculous. Obviously both sexes are necessary for survival.
Well, all that is necessary for survival is a full complement of one of the sexes - and a much, much lower number of men to sex them.
And he paid his soldiers in the most precious of currency:
Moulay Ismail guaranteed the continued existence of his elite units by providing soldiers with women ...
:up:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's bad out there in the key age ranges (20-29 and 30-39). Women have such a massive advantage. There are too many men in the United States.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ratios generally matter
Yes, I agree that ratios generally matter. Ratios generally matter for a man if he falls in the middle of bell curve of quality. Eliot Rodger and the incel type are going to do poorly in any city, even a city with favorable ratios. For men under 40, there are no U.S. cities with favorable cities. Even within cities with bad ratios, there can be pockets of favorable ratios. For instance, if you are college age going to a 60% female college with in a city with excess single males, that's an advantage. That's not a guarantee of success because the college women can date outside the university male population.

From ages 25-39, the general city ratios are going to matter. Some cities are worse than the others. I'll go through a few well known examples below.

Midland-Odessa, Texas: For those not familiar, Midland and Odessa are two cities in West Texas separated by about 15 miles. Each city has a population ~125,000. West Texas is known as the Permian Basin, and there's a lot of oil and gas exploration out there. Due to the oil and gas nature of the area, there is a huge surplus of males. A lot are blue collar oil/gas workers. Some are in good physical shape from manual labor. Many of them have messy lives. Some are single dads, alcoholics, etc. A childless guy with limited baggage could differentiate there, but since the area is overwhelmingly male, even a well put together guy is going to have a difficult time standing out. Almost every unattached woman in Midland-Odessa is a princess because there are just so many guys out there. The thirst is real.

San Jose, California: San Jose and the Silicon Valley are overwhelming male as well. There are a lot of Chinese and Indian tech workers there. China and India have been dumping some of their excess males upon the United States via H1-B visas. The average Chinese and Indian tech worker isn't going to be appealing to the average white or Hispanic woman in the area. A lot of the white men in the area as aspie/incel/technie/nerdy as well. A guy with adequate social skills has the potential to do ok there, but a lot of women get burnt out from dealing with the tech worker guys constantly bombarding her on apps, or even doing spam approaches in person. It can be difficult to stand out there.

San Diego, California: Numerous military bases/stations are located near San Diego, making it a sausage fest. A lot of the military guys are in good shape. Women in San Diego get a ton of attention as a result. Once again, it is difficult to stand out. It might even be worse than San Jose/Bay Area because the competition in San Diego has more social skills as compared to the tech aspies up north.

I’m in the 30-35 age range too and I do not entertain women in that same age group. Simply undatable group of women.
I'm 37. It would seem natural and logical for me to be dating in that age range. It's not easy to date that group of women. You'll have to sift through a lot of garbage, and I don't want to get too off topic with that. Related to ratios, realized that 30-35 age group women still have a ratio advantage and will have more options that men in their 30s. Because the ratios are still in their favor, these women tend to overinflate their own value, because they often have HUGE app queues on Bumble and Hinge. If they only look in real life, they might have more reasonable assessments of their value, but even still they would have a solid number of options.

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm recently back to the dating scene and I'm finding it harder to find decent women these days.

I'm too old for the younger ones (they see the age and it's a turn off). Heck the other day I saw a profile of a 39! yo saying, anyone 45+ you're too old, don't bother messaging me. I was like, lady goodluck with that!

The 30-35 range I'm finding most of them are still wanting to have kids and they're screening heavily for that in their desperation?

35-40 range they seem too set in their ways, have the modern woman's complex of 'I have a good job, a house, don't need you unless you're something special' and have bad attitudes, bitter?

Of course, this is all generalization, I'm sure there are still datable women out there just have to be patient.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm recently back to the dating scene and I'm finding it harder to find decent women these days.

I'm too old for the younger ones (they see the age and it's a turn off). Heck the other day I saw a profile of a 39! yo saying, anyone 45+ you're too old, don't bother messaging me. I was like, lady goodluck with that!

The 30-35 range I'm finding most of them are still wanting to have kids and they're screening heavily for that in their desperation?

35-40 range they seem too set in their ways, have the modern woman's complex of 'I have a good job, a house, don't need you unless you're something special' and have bad attitudes, bitter?

Of course, this is all generalization, I'm sure there are still datable women out there just have to be patient.
Are you mostly using apps? I have had a lot of negative interactions on apps. Apps also artificially inflate the value of a woman. A 40 year old woman who is barely approached in real life can have a match queue of hundreds of men on a swipe app.

30-35 year old women usually still want kids. I'm 37. I would prefer not to have kids since I want to retire earlier and I also don't think my relationship with the kid's mother is likely to last until the kid is 18.

30-40 age range involves sifting through a lot of garbage. Both single moms and childless women in their 30s have a lot of issues. I mostly interact with childless women. Finding a 30-35 year old childless women who is unattached is easier to do on an app than in real life. In real life, if you choose the correct places to spend time, it's not horribly difficult.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I do believe that it is an issue where we have an abundance of single men and not enough single women. In today's world, women are down to stay single longer and sleep around since slut shaming is less of a thing so the numbers in OP are troubling.
This is what True Forced Loneliness prophet "Roller" Steve Hoca calls "women in dating limbo".

Last edited:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From ages 25-39, the general city ratios are going to matter. Some cities are worse than the others. I'll go through a few well known examples below.

Midland-Odessa, Texas: For those not familiar, Midland and Odessa are two cities in West Texas separated by about 15 miles. Each city has a population ~125,000. West Texas is known as the Permian Basin, and there's a lot of oil and gas exploration out there. Due to the oil and gas nature of the area, there is a huge surplus of males. A lot are blue collar oil/gas workers. Some are in good physical shape from manual labor. Many of them have messy lives. Some are single dads, alcoholics, etc. A childless guy with limited baggage could differentiate there, but since the area is overwhelmingly male, even a well put together guy is going to have a difficult time standing out. Almost every unattached woman in Midland-Odessa is a princess because there are just so many guys out there. The thirst is real.
I'll take Odessa, Ukraine any day over that hellhole in Texas. :cool:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when raising livestock we usually just keep a couple studs and lots of mamma. we rotate the females to the studs. about 30 to one. they survive and thrive. we keep the males separated, they seem to like to fight each other to see who is alpha if we don't . with this sort of ratio the females don't care what male they get, and are just happy to have one when the need comes.
So what happens to the surplus males? Maybe this? o_O

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll take Odessa, Ukraine any day over that hellhole in Texas. :cool:
Odessa, Ukraine is a much better environment for meeting and seducing women than Odessa, Texas. I am thankful that I'm not in Midland-Odessa, Texas.