Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How are some guys so successful with dating apps?

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot claim they are not as witty as famous rappers or built like Olympic athletes. So how are they so successful?

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Define "successful". I would consider myself a very good-looking guy and maintain a pretty high standard.

I've slept with a couple of girls from dating apps but I think it should only be supplementary, something you swipe on and maybe are pleasantly surprised once in a while.

My ex I met through a dating app and she's quite hot,I watched her go through tinder to try and show me what a tinder note was and every time she swiped right it was a match...it's just a different game entirely.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two guys I know irl who are successful with OLD:

1. Almost six foot tall, blonde hair & blue eyed, white guy with a six pack and tattoos.

2. Average height muscular black male who used to have a six pack, and has photos of him travelling all around the world.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Swipe apps are giant sausage fests. If a man is successful on them, he's a top tier man. 6'0"+ and highly muscular. If it's a more relationship focused app like Bumble or Hinge, height + money matters, though 6'0" + muscular will help there too.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had lots of girls from online dating. Here's why I was successful:

-I had good pics(use only high rating pics).
-My profile was funny/edgy/unique.
-I'm not boring to talk to.
-I'm in good shape.
-I have plenty of confidence. I'm a little cahky.
-I'm passionate about what I like.
-I lived in a large metro area.
-I'm not some amazing looking guy either.
-My favorite thing to do is talk the panties off a chic. You tend to get good at things you enjoy and vice versa. I really enjoyed getting to know new girls, sehx was just icing on the cake. Sehx was never my motive. It was like winning the trophy you were going to win anyways.
-I've never used any of these gimmicks(Mode 1, Mode 6.9A, etc) I don't read any of the PUA guru theories.
-I do what works for me, and have learned a lot from Sosuave and simply getting out there and hitting up girls.
-I don't have rigid rules and black and white concepts that guide my dating life. Go with the flow. Get in the moment.
-I'm not a mental masturbator. Lots of that on this forum.
-Break some rules. Make up your own rules.
-I read people very well, and have strong awareness.
-I don't push interactions, only steer them.
-I always took my dates to creative venues that had great atmosphere conducive to creating good sexy vibes.
-Bald head, 5'10".
-I don't fear rejection.

Here's what I see a majority of guys doing wrong:

1. Think way too much.
2. Too many rigid theories.
3. Too cheap.
4. Don't understand women and what makes them tick. Its about how you make them feel.
5. Afraid to put yourself out there.
6. Lack confidence.
7. Give up too soon.
8. Don't put the work in.
9. If something conflicts with your belief's you put it down instead of trying to understand it. When you can't relate, you can't connect, and the girl sitting across the table doesn't feel the spark.

A lot of you approach your dating like an engineer/tech nerd. Spread sheets, numbers, calculations, theories. I have a ME degree so I can say that.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OLD really comes down to being good looking and living in an area with a lot of access to women. At least a small metro area. Having good pictures of you doing fun stuff is a major plus. And then simply not screwing it up and not being too talkative before date 1. Set up the first date and hit a home run from there.

Guys typically get into trouble because they over-DM prior to the date OR just keep talking without setting a date up at all.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Be interesting
Be fun
Don't act desperate
Don't send lame messages
Ask her out
Don't ghost until the date
Meet her

Rinse and repeat. It's not hard.

Aeterna

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im pretty successful on dating apps.

I’m a 5’11 29 year old black male in NYC.

Exclusively dated Asian/White women age 18-24 and met over 200+ women from OLD in the past 3 years

What helped me out was the following:

1. Professional pics, I learned, took, and edited them myself at home from YouTube. Never needed to pay anyone

2. Wore lifts and grew my hair out to make me 6’2

3. I’m in great shape/great style. 6 pack

4. Activity videos such as me dunking a basketball and skydiving

5. I invite women straight to my place in the first message “Hey! Wine/movie night? My place?” and then ask for the number to FaceTime for 5 mins.

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im pretty successful on dating apps.

I’m a 5’11 29 year old black male in NYC.

Exclusively dated Asian/White women age 18-24 and met over 200+ women from OLD in the past 3 years

What helped me out was the following:

1. Professional pics, I learned, took, and edited them myself at home from YouTube. Never needed to pay anyone

2. Wore lifts and grew my hair out to make me 6’2

3. I’m in great shape/great style. 6 pack

4. Activity videos such as me dunking a basketball and skydiving

5. I invite women straight to my place in the first message “Hey! Wine/movie night? My place?” and then ask for the number to FaceTime for 5 mins.
Do you have any good links for some of those photography videos?

Reaction score
6. Lack confidence.
7. Give up too soon.
8. Don't put the work in.
I think the biggest issue with dating apps are the no barriers of entry. You have a lot of frustrated guys that give up because they cannot beat these three points, and the girls in general suck on the APL for every guy because they shouldn’t have been on a dating app in the first place.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Location and common sense

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was successful in 2017/2018 season and some of 2019. I smashed 26 women in a calendar year which is my record. Felt awful after and wouldn’t do that again, but it was after a bad breakup, I needed it and learned a lot.

I have a handsome face and ability to carry a convo - switch it to WhatsApp - voicenote for comfort - build rapport on the phone. My first dates were like 2nd or 3rd dates which is why my success rate was so high. My body at the time was subpar, a little soft in the middle, but I am tall with broad shoulders and confidence for days.

My profile read something like;

“6’2 well endowed billionaire. I’m kind of a big deal.

I like walks in the park and reading books, only joking, I can’t read and parks are sh!t but enough about me.”

I’d get women opening me asking if I was a billionaire, well endowed, really 6’2 - if any of my profile was true. It was easy to engage in light hearted banter due to my silly profile. Some I would put in a slow burner, they needed time, others exchange3-4 messages and I had them on WhatsApp meeting for drinks the next day.

I was drinking and doing drugs at the time, like a bull in a China shop just bulldozing my way through.

All my dates were alcohol centred, meeting at a bar and back to my place or theirs. After work in the city I met lots of young dumb hoes, I was working in the middle of everything.

I’m planned to jump back on OLD in 2023 but literally only meet 9s and up - proper dates. I’m a new man now and not entertaining women I see no potential in.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
I've had success on OLD but certainly not with high quality girls, if you are willing to settle for average looking girls it would work

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-I had good pics(use only high rating pics).
How do people come up with this? Like is it through a site or something?

One of the problems I have with Tinder and other dating apps is people legitimately think my profile is fake. Some of the pictures I have on there are from modeling shoots for my portfolio and people assume I'm not real.

This go-around I tried to use more "natural" pics but I'm actually getting fewer matches with that approach so I don't know where the line is between looking fake or looking average.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do people come up with this? Like is it through a site or something?

One of the problems I have with Tinder and other dating apps is people legitimately think my profile is fake. Some of the pictures I have on there are from modeling shoots for my portfolio and people assume I'm not real.

This go-around I tried to use more "natural" pics but I'm actually getting fewer matches with that approach so I don't know where the line is between looking fake or looking average.
I hired a "semi-pro" photographer. My pics were better than natural, but not professional model quality pics. I did this because I didn't want to have pics that were so perfect looking that someone might think they were fake or get on a date and claim I didn't look as good as my pics. I also gave my photographer examples of what I wanted before the photo shoot. I explained to her the look I was trying to convey.

You can upload your pics to photofeeler and have them rated. Select your audience to review. Money well spent.