"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

Hot date, but I'm filled with RAGE

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2002
Messages
3,956
Reaction score
16
Location
Land of the Ruins
Been a while, DJs.

Here's what's up:

Today I'm supposed to be going out with a real cool gal, one who has it all: terrific chemistry, bright, really cute, affectionate, fun. I should be totally psyched, BUT...

I had a day from hell. Had a court case (an appeal from a lousy half-assed judgment I got), and really got it up the ass. It was not even really an appeal -- the most ridiculous travesty of justice I'd ever witnessed, and essentially amounted to another sick-ass judge rubber-stamping the original extremely biased hearing, and acting in cahoots with an ex-tenant to help her rip me off. Even admitting the "tenant got off lucky." Then, to top it off, putting on a big act "admonishing" the deadbeat to quickly pay the paltry sum I was "awarded," which was about half what I was rightfully owed.

Anyway, I'm so full of rage that I've not been able to sleep. The only thing I want to do is pound on things. Not the frame of mind one wants to be in for a date with a gal I really like, and who seems quite crazy about me.

So what's to be done? It's 5am here, and I'm still wired with rage. The best thing I can think to do is eat a meal that will kick my usually very effiecient serotonin production into high gear, and crash until the afternoon. Or else be "sick" and cancel. In any case, I'm absolutely unable to contain the pissed-off feeling. Punching the bag, drumming, burning the judgment (after photocopying it -- I'll need it for the next appeal) -- none of that worked. BLEAAARGGHH!
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

JustDoItAlways

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 28, 2002
Messages
914
Reaction score
7
Remember, chicks like guys that can handle life's little set-backs.

Don't go on the date if you are not in control of yourself.

But better yet, look at it as an opportunity. Work out, cool down, make the date, tell her the story and show her how you can handle sh1t like this.

Chicks like a guy that has his sh1t together and can handle stressful situations without losing control.

But you also have to be a man that will not just let it slide and forget being screwed over. Chicks hate this. You should come across as a guy who will look for opportunities in the future to get back from this loser tenant what he is owed. Doesn't have to be in the courtroom. I'm sure you'll cross paths again.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
You r a property owner, I take it? You should expect things like this. It is normal. They probably will never pay you what is owed. Expect this!

This should have nothing to do with your other goals in life - you have to be a multi-tasker. Never carry your business into personal affairs - do not tell her your troubles - keep them to yourself and be your jolly self. Nothing positive will come from your anger if you share it with a woman you barely know.

Think of future possibilities and not current circumstances, if you don't want to negatively affect your chances of keeping company with someone that may strengthen you as a man and bring a refreshing breath of air to your attitude! A good woman can bring comfort to a man in troubled times. This is part of a woman's nature (genetic make up), to console and nurture. She may be exactly what you need in this time of anger. Don't blow it!
 

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2002
Messages
3,956
Reaction score
16
Location
Land of the Ruins
Good advice, guys.

Turns out all the venting and creative outlet of aggression worked, and my rage drained off and simmered to a more appropriate determination to get as much justice as I can (criminal charges are to be filed for the stuff the deadbeat stole ), and -- more importantly -- avoid this kind of thing in the future.

As for the date, we rescheduled anyway. Things are still looking cool with this gal, and I have other good prospects as well.

Thanks for the good advice.
 

Caesar

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 10, 2001
Messages
135
Reaction score
0
Location
Cloud 9
oh I thought you were talking about the RAGE from the movie 28 Days Later
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Top